Too far away for just 3 hours of riding.

nobody says you have to leave when I do... and Plaster City is right down the hill from there, if you want some other stuff

Josh- sounds like we have a ride leader, and a couple of interested people. Enjoy Europe

Ah, there we go! That looks more like it. Details don't get so washed out in still photos. :lol:

100_0731.jpg

100_0735.jpg

This post shows that exact hill... for "me", the toughest part of this area is the ONE deep sand wash... not the rocks or hills...the wash has submerged rocks, lots of non-optional turns, and is fairly deep and loose... of course, I can;t ride sand

I will be riding sweep IF my ride leader shows up, and I am confident we will get through everything will little or no trouble... unless my ride leader takes us down heat stroke hill

team,

is this a DS only ride? or option for either (DS/greensticky). no matter most likely it'll be the 610 ds after the 450s last week thrash fest if the hall pass is available.

PS JBW Ill be glad to swap out with ya, so you dont miss out on jacumba.....

I would like to come but I will be in Page.

So...who was riding the bike with the helmet cam. Sure looked like he was hitting all the rocks while the guy he was following was able to miss them with a much better track. That wouldn't be the pinch flat king would it?

for "me", the toughest part of this area is the ONE deep sand wash... ...the wash has submerged rocks, lots of non-optional turns, and is fairly deep and loose... of course, I can;t ride sand

I am familiar with the "hidden rock" deep sand washes out there. I don't have any pictures of those because I stay out of them these days. :coolio:

I would like to come but I will be in Page.

So...who was riding the bike with the helmet cam. Sure looked like he was hitting all the rocks while the guy he was following was able to miss them with a much better track. That wouldn't be the pinch flat king would it?

hardy har... :lol:

actually, just the fact that I was able to keep rex in the field of vision I considered a success

Robert... no plate required...

Don... :angry2:

THAT is actually one of my favorite reasons for riding this trail... as you look over to the drop off side, on your modern marvel (or even a Honda XRL- sorry Ahmed... I had to) of machinery... 11+ inches of travel, pneumatic tires, 40 hp, cushy seat, etc. Last time, I think rex and I did the whole trail in 10 minutes or so. I'll bet it took a wagon 2 days... and they had to replace broken wheels, find water, set up camp, etc.

Bob, atleast the XRL actually runs :)

I hope you guys take some photos of gnarly trails. It's always fun to watch.

Ah, there we go! That looks more like it. Details don't get so washed out in still photos. :lol:

100_0731.jpg

Now that gives a good perspective of the trail :)

Bob, atleast the XRL actually runs :)

touche... WR is back by the way

Now that gives a good perspective of the trail :)

Ed- easier than trails you've already ridden with me, seriously

"Easy to intermediate ride... Noob friendly." as bike slut said. Just look at the easy rocky trail photo Mimi posted.

I really really want to ride this area but I'm taking the family to Glamis North KOA. Rain check for sure!

bob, do you think this area can be ridden without trials tires?

:lol: Brad- I laughed out loud at the gas station and people looked at me weird

Folks- trust me-that trail is not tough

That trail is not as bad as that picture makes it seem. The one time I rode it wasn't that bad, didn't clean it, but still no big deal.

is that a yes? hahaha

I may try and join in on the fun. briana and I are going riding tomorrow. This is the first time she's getting back on a bike since tearing her ACL last year. it should be a very mild ride so if I'm not too burnt, I'll make it out there sunday.

I am still lurking around this ride with a marker in hand. My names on the list with pencil. I'll keep it that way for a few more hours. It depends if I can patch my tube or if I'll need a new one.

Quick Hijack... :coolio::ph34r:

briana and I are going riding tomorrow.

Do you care for any more coed companions? If so...where are you headed? If not I may try to make Bikeslut's Sunday fun day.

Quick Hijack... :coolio::ph34r:

briana and I are going riding tomorrow.

Do you care for any more coed companions? If so...where are you headed? If not I may try to make Bikeslut's Sunday fun day.

yes, more the merrier. I will make a new thread.

Alright, my marker's out and my name is now permanently on the list. See ya out there.

After Bikeslut's hall pass expires I'd like to ride a little more in the area. Do some of the fun things we missed on both side of the freeway.

So if any of you riders out there, like Schwinn, that wanted to come out but were concerned with the long drive/short ride times come on out and we'll make it worth the drive for you.

Jon

Looks like fun, I'll be there with a couple of friends.

good! See you there... you can clean that trail this time... I know it!

I think I am going to skip this round. 4 hours of driving for 3 hours of riding is a bit much. I am going to head out to Ocotillo Wells for a short 4 hour ride so I can get back and celebrate the father in laws birthday. Have fun..

I am planning on making this also, after a 15 month layoff wondering if I should bring the training wheels. What time ready to hit the trail? I have only a 35-40 mile range. Will that be good?

I am planning on making this also, after a 15 month layoff wondering if I should bring the training wheels. What time ready to hit the trail? I have only a 35-40 mile range. Will that be good?

that range should be ok... there is stuff on each side of the freeway, so if you bring a gas can in your truck you can top off as we pass by

See ya'll there