mediaguy

Stewards of the Sierra National Forest dual sport July 9/10

OK, we're in the planning stages of our 2011 SOTSNF Benefit Dual Sport Ride in the Bass Lake area. We'll stage out of the Elks Lodge in Oakhurst (same place as our Oct 2010 ride). Picking a July date to make sure the snow has melted once again. Put it on your calendar and I'll post a flyer when it's done. Hope to see you there.

post-14110-000341200 1300162791_thumb.jp

On the Calendar...CAN'T miss Bass lake this year with all I hear about it....thanks for the heads up

Some rides are simply annual fixtures in my schedule.......

BBTR in June ("in!"), Stewards Bass Lake Ride in July ("in!"), CORE Mammoth ride in August ("in!")

The fall isn't looking too shaby either ;):coolio:

CORE Bass Lake ride in Sept (tentative)

CORE Bar 10 in Oct (tentative)

CORE Glamis North KOA Nov. (tentative)

As I've stated many times......Bass Lake is THE SH*T!!! (why do you think Larry LIVES THERE? :P )

Picture173.jpg

CORE Mammoth ride in August ("in!")

Get that added to CORE registration so I can be "IN" as well :)

It's on the the calendar. Can't wait for the summer riding.

Edit: So is work for that weekend. Oh well. Out

If I don't do the Continental Divide Ride in July, then I'll plan on this one.

If I don't do the Continental Divide Ride in July, then I'll plan on this one.

Randy, did the CDR ride in 2008, still have the tracks and hotel info if you want them

I'm marking the calender and hope nothing changes ... missed it last year

gosh, it's so tempting. so many rides. I should start to fill out divorce papers.... hahaha

Hi all,

I just returned from Yosemite on 4/14 and was hoping to spend a few days riding there with my family. Unfortunately still way too much snow. In the Fish Camp area there is still 6-8 feet. I was really bummed as I had hoped to do some riding in the area. Hopefully things will change in a few months.

Andrew

this year spring will be late in the sierra....I think snow fall broke records this year.....very green, lots of water for summer :coolio:

I'll be holding a CORE Fundraiser up there in Sept (raising funds for a friend/Bass Lake resident riding in the Austrailian Safari ride in late Sept).....we'll likely cover a few areas on the CORE ride that will be bypassed in July due to snow/water levels

My regular riding buddy broke his leg last weekend so I'm solo. Got room for one more in the group for the July ride? BTW - Sept weekend is the final outdoor MX race at Pala.

My regular riding buddy broke his leg last weekend so I'm solo. Got room for one more in the group for the July ride? BTW - Sept weekend is the final outdoor MX race at Pala.

Have a couple "possibles"...for commitments so I'm unsure of my riding partners for this ride, but planning on it and have reservations thurs-sun. night in oakhurst.... it will likely be my first "real" ride after docs release on the broken hand......you are welcome to ride with me or us....

Might have to pyro on up there this year and join you guys. This place looks challenging and amazing. Will confirm as the dates get closer. Anybody know what's the camping situation up there?

We're trying to nail down the details for the flyer. Camping at Elks Lodge as well as USFS Campgrounds at Bass Lake. Also a private CG in Oakhurst (High Sierra). Free camping up the road in Miami Mtn OHV area. Also some free spots at Rancho Relaxo (our place) but it's 13 miles from the start.

We're trying to nail down the details for the flyer. Camping at Elks Lodge as well as USFS Campgrounds at Bass Lake. Also a private CG in Oakhurst (High Sierra). Free camping up the road in Miami Mtn OHV area. Also some free spots at Rancho Relaxo (our place) but it's 13 miles from the start.

Nice, that sounds perfect!

Have a couple "possibles"...for commitments so I'm unsure of my riding partners for this ride, but planning on it and have reservations thurs-sun. night in oakhurst.... it will likely be my first "real" ride after docs release on the broken hand......you are welcome to ride with me or us....

Thanks. I'll check in again when it gets close. We'll be coming in on Friday and leaving Monday.

Are reservation going to be needed at the campgrounds? Would like to take an extra day or so and bring the hauler.