Sign in to follow this  
mctrails

Somebody got a new bike this weekend

OK, NO it wasn't me. I can't afford a new bike.

post-4114-027648300 1300123827_thumb.jpg

post-4114-073789000 1300123870_thumb.jpg

So I get a call on Saturday afternoon and it's Spaugh saying he has a sick feeling in his stomach because he just shelled out a ton of money on a brand new dirt bike. He said it's the first NEW vehicle he has ever bought. I'm sure it was not buyer's remorse he was feeling but just all the excitement from wheeling and dealing with the salesman and the fact that he really did it finally settled in.

So, he brings it to Corral yesterday and breaks it in. The thing is awesome. Excellent handling, plush suspension and gobs of power.

Congratulation, Brad! Ride on!

WOW!!! Nice!

What model?? 350 4fiddy? XCF EXCFW??

It is an SX since it is a link suspension. I am guessing new 350SX-F. The stock 450 exhaust is different. The XC 250 & 350 models are supposed to be out any day now. I have yet to see them for sale yet, and I look every day. Not that I am buying, I am the ultimate window shopper.

woo hoo!! super good choice from Brad the XC version in 350cc, the best of all worlds. trails/MX track/XC/enduro fun and competition, just the right amount of usable power/torque for all venues!!!

Spaugh was very kind in sharing his brand new toy. A joy to ride!!! The bike was very impressive in all areas. "Red sticker" bike, 230 lbs. weight. What was he thinking let me ride it? I am still shaking my head on that one. If it came in a dual sport, I would be at the dealer today. It was the closed cartridge suspension and linked rear shock that really got me.

You are a very lucky man !!!!!

very broke man !!!!!

haha

the bike is pretty awesome. Noticeably taller than my old bike and not enough crank mass are my only issues. The motor and efi are dialed perfectly. it never spins a wheel. there is a split second of rev up that you don't get with a 450 and it never gets peaky on top and breaks traction like a 2 stroke. This slightly less umph on bottom makes it keep traction, never spin a wheel, and just launches you forward. Then once its got you zooming ahead and the motor hits 8K rpms and from 8-12K rpms it makes huge power. more than my old rfs 450 ever put out. suspension is night and day better than the older bikes. The weight is still a little pigish compared to a 300cc 2T but a smaller battery and a little getting used to it shouldn't be to bad. Its really more of a go fast bike. I still prefer the 2T in the super nasty stuff but for anything 2nd gear and up this bike is magic.

by the way, josh is being a very nice friend and not showing all of my mistakes on the new bike. I must have dropped this bike more times yesterday than I have dropped my other bike in the last year. :blush: maybe bronco peak and ranger trail weren't the best places to get acquainted with the bike. :lol: I'd say its "broken in".

its going to take some getting used to for sure. someone will most likely be a very lucky owner of the best bike I've ever owned in the near future. my 03 300 probably will have to go to make room.

thanks for the kind comments.

Wait. Spaugh went 4 stroke, EFI and linkage rear suspension? Who hacked his account and convinced the lot of ya that it was him?

Wait. Spaugh went 4 stroke, EFI and linkage rear suspension? Who hacked his account and convinced the lot of ya that it was him?

I'm already dreading the day I have to open the motor or grease the linkage. And dammit I have to buy a 40$ switch to change my fuel settings. :torch:

But damn its fun to ride. AND, as an added bonus it doesn't vibrate like my 300cc chain saw powered paint shaker. I may not need those carpal tunnel surgeries after all...

Spaugh,

Congratulations! What a work of art Sweeet

post-4114-027648300%201300123827_thumb.jpg

PS, Is that a new lid as well?

Spaugh,

Congratulations! What a work of art Sweeet

PS, Is that a new lid as well?

thanks!

I screwed up and grabbed briana's helmet. Had to ride around with a purple helmet all day. haha

Sweet bike, been thinking about getting one myself, just a shame its not green sticker, is there anyway to get a green sticker on such a bike?

Sweet bike, been thinking about getting one myself, just a shame its not green sticker, is there anyway to get a green sticker on such a bike?

not really. we have places that we can ride all year though. Just need to know where to go. Some offroad places and track riding. Its pretty damn hot during red sticker timeout anyway and then you can always ride your plated bike too... Red sticker season is another bureaucratic joke.

very nice! congrats!....

I have trouble wanting anything without a plate these days....makes me feel trapped in those shrinking OHv areas....but now you have options....so have fun !

Wow, really nice bike man! Congrats! B)

Awesome. I did not realize the 250 & 350 XC-F's were out yet. Now if they only made one with a 32 inch seat height.