slagnado

Dana Neisler Ride in Peace Memorial ride June 14-15, 2014

Dana Neisler in Peace Memorial Ride( a one to two day ride) is scheduled for June 14 and 15, 2014 leaving Tecate Saturday morning to Laguna Hanson then continue to Mikes Sky Rancho and return Sunday afternoon.

post-13968-0-44162300-1397971212_thumb.p

The overall plan is meet and ride to Dana's Memorial site about three miles past the Saw Mill by 11:30 to meet up with the family in the trucks. Then head back to Saw Mill for lunch and gas. GPS location of the memorial site. N31"58.361" W115"58.443

Facebook invite, please share: https://www.facebook.com/events/1473696172846560/?ref=br_tf

Bikes meet at Tecate Border gas station on June 14, 2014 at 8:00 leave at 8:30 AM

1. Technical group

Ken will lead bit more technical track to Laguna Hanson, the route will be determined depending on the skill set that will continue to Mikes (after lunch)and will try to stop at the Kurt Caselli Memorial on the way.

2. Slower big bikes/noobs

Arnie will lead a slower big bike/noobs group through La Rumorosa to Laguna Hanson on the way down then back through Compadre on the way back. Depending on skills and bikes, Arnie will try and stop at the KC memorial before Mikes..

3. Trucks and cars leave out of TJ

Meet at San Ysidro Insurance Office on June 14, 2014 leave at 7:30

4575 Camino De La PlazaSan Ysidro, CA 92173

Trucks will head to Ensenada and head through to Laguna Hanson off the S3. Dana's dad will lead the trucks. Cars can make the trip to Dana's Memorial site without any problems, if you would like to continue to Mike's a higher clearance vehicle is recommended.

Please RSVP so I can let them know how many to expect for lunch and if you are riding one or two days.

post-13968-0-19451300-1394597787_thumb.j

RSVP's....please RSVP for lunch at the Saw Mill

Arny BenTravelin Bill K Brett Neisler Chris Nelson Chris Wildomar Crawdaddy Crusty Dan Diego DS FOX Effin Eddie Gary O Goofy Footer James Addonigio Jarred nesiler Kato Ken Kugel KTM Rad Mikey 777 mtnmanseth Oracle Paco Pez Scott Barber SHOOBY Shooby STOKE Todd Whiteside Tracy King Tvscum Tree Yeti Steve Matthreews Steve friends TwoWheelsGood -tec Bill P Car Guy Seth Habash dad Seth Habash Sondra

Who have I missed?

7 Maybe's

I'm in, let me know what help you may need. I will probably ride the 950 for this one so I can help with the big bike crowd unless I'm the only big bike then I'll ride the 525.

Afry, if you could help with logistics of the ride...that would be great. I will handle as much of the rest as I can although I may need an extra hand or two. Let's talk this week or next to iron out the details. Thank you.

Might make sense to have two groups meet at the memorial then again at Mikes. One faster and technical ride most likely on the smaller bikes and a big bike group (or those on smaller bikes at a more leisurely pace) taking an easier route.

We will need a leader for the smaller bikes who should choose their own route.

I had the same thought about the groups. I was thinking the family in trucks could meet at the gas station you use for the lobster run and go through E town and up the back way to the memorial site to meet the bikes there then we all go for tacos for lunch. The site is a bit past Saw Mill but makes sense we have a place to meet up after to talk and take a rest before moving on to Mike's.

Think about it and let me know your thoughts. I figured I could sweep the easy way since I committed to riding to with some riders in the not as experienced group. Ken and Dan Diego are in. I asked Ken if he would lead the single track group and he agreed. If you could lead big bikes, that would be great. If you change your mind as it gets closer we can figure it out

I did not know Dana but I think I see him sitting on a Scrambler in the 12-30-13 flier photo. That's enough to say I'm in for the slow group RIP.

IN ------------- I can lead the technical track crowd.

Had my dates mixed up. I am scheduled for the Cannonball ride during these dates.

CiD

With the Date change I'm in. Not sure if I can continue on to Mikes for the night but in for at least the day.

Edited by Covered in Dust

Sorry to miss it......I'm already committed to help out on the first few days of Don Emde's "Finding Cannonball's Trail" ride which sets out of San Diego on the 3rd........otherwise I'd be "in"

Sondra,

I will definitely be there.

Will be in the Big Bike crowd (but not too slow).

Looking forward to celebrating Dana's life at Mikes.

Dan

IN ------------- I can lead the technical track crowd.

Me too,,,

I'll sweep this group.

I did not know Dana but I think I see him sitting on a Scrambler in the 12-30-13 flier photo. That's enough to say I'm in for the slow group RIP.

Dana had been talking about getting a street bikes since we met so we could do taco runs to Tecate. He sent me that picture while I was on vacation, I wrote him "Does that mean I have a new street riding buddy?" He says, "You do and I need tacos!" A week later, I get another message "Are you back, yet? It is to bright and shiny." Sadly, that was a ride we never got to take together.

Like Chris and Chris mentioned....I'm doing the Cannonball Ride and helping out that weekend so I will miss this ride. Bummer it was scheduled on the same weekend....otherwise I'd be going on the Memorial Ride.

Guest Crusty

Dang, would love to but Cristina booked Supercross finals in Vegas on that weekend.

I will say a prayer for Dana while there though.

Dana Neisler (aka Steve DeDavo) Ride in Peace Memorial Ride has been changed to June 14-15, 2014 because of conflicting rides on the original date. . If you prefer not to spend the night, come out for the day. Thank you for your patience, the family struggled with the dates and would really like as many friends/riders as possible to make it.

Guest Crusty

Dana Neisler (aka Steve DeDavo) Ride in Peace Memorial Ride has been changed to June 14-15, 2014 because of conflicting rides on the original date. . If you prefer not to spend the night, come out for the day. Thank you for your patience, the family struggled with the dates and would really like as many friends/riders as possible to make it.

Awesome. IN.

Does anyone know how I can change the title or do I need to start a new thread? Thanks in advance.

Date Change below:

Dana Neisler (aka Steve DeDavo) Ride in Peace Memorial Ride has been changed to June 14-15, 2014 because of conflicting rides on the original date. We will Tecate Saturday morning to Mike's Sky Ranch and returning Sunday afternoon. SAVE THE DATE: details to come. If you prefer not to spend the night, come out for the day.

I am in...riding with the big bike group. Sent Arnie a PM.

In --- 95% sure I can do this one. I met Dana briefly durng a Baja ride (shocking) last year. He seemed like a great guy!

I'll be rolling with Arnie and the big bikes.

100_0544_zpsa7a60d8c.jpg