All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Unfortunately I didn’t get out there…Hoping to ride on Sunday!
  3. Yesterday
  4. No-Mar Classic tire changer, includes mount/demount bar, Yellow Thing bead holder and 8 drop in concrete anchors so you can set up a couple mount locations. $350
  5. There is a DS trail ride I made. I'm getting ready to do in a couple weeks : Picture yourself embarking on a journey through the Laguna Mountains, where the lush greenery of the DS trail gradually transforms into the golden hues of the desert below. As you descend, the scent of pine gives way to the earthy aroma of sun-baked soil, teasing your senses with anticipation. The trail winds through rugged terrain, offering breathtaking vistas of towering peaks and vast expanses of arid land. With each blip of the throttle you're immersed deeper into nature's embrace, where the tranquil beauty of the mountains seamlessly merges with the untamed allure of the desert floor. Be ready to pack your senses and let the adventure unfold along this intoxicating descent from mountain high to desert delight.
  6. Last week
  7. tntmo

KLR650 persistent issue, help!

If you have an air compressor, you can easily check if the slide/diaphragm is installed correctly and working right. Use an air nozzle and put about 10-20 psi in the port at the top backside of the carb. The slide should rise, when you release the pressure it should drop. I usually try to slowly modulate the air pressure to see if it goes up smoothly.
  8. socalhodaka

My KLR did the same, I would be cruising on the freeway at 50-60. If I opened it up to make a pass it wouldn't go. The problem was I rebuilt the carb and didn't get the diagram seated in right causing a leak when I tried to go full wide open. The vacuum was not able to draw the needle all the way up and open. I also put in a manual fuel petcock to not use the vacuum operated one.
  9. Pokey151

I agree, I've owned 2 in my life, I would like another. Not in a rush, but a year or 2 out
  10. J5ive

Hey Pokey151 - Everyone should have a Harley or two in their stable for the long rides.
  11. Had a last minute invite to ride up to the towers out there yesterday. It’s so colorful right now, the flowers are looking good!
  12. bfar33

So weird, that's exactly the way it used to present when it had that issue in the past. Sometimes the tear was small and could only be seen when I stretched the diaphragm a bit like shown above and looked for light coming through. Good luck
  13. Rjg967

It's worth inspecting again. No surging, misfires, or anything. Runs amazing but gutless, but absolutely WFO the best I've been able to get is 62 mph.
  14. bfar33

The 'ol mule used to do that when the carb diaphragm developed a tear. It would run great until ~4k RPM or so? Then the throttle just didn't do anything, like it hit a wall. I had to replace the slide assembly 3 times over ~70k miles if I remember (can be bought from a Harley dealer for 1/2 price of Kawi part). Guess the new carb rules that out though. Any other source of vacuum leaks? Does the new carb have the petcock vacuum port capped like the original? When you say 'no power' you mean it won't climb RPM anymore? Or it chugs/surges/misfires? What exactly does it do after 4k?
  15. Padu, here you go....took me awhile to add this, but here it is for all you rally book navigators.
  16. Padu, here you go....took me awhile to add this, but here it is for all you rally book navigators.
  17. When you think about Mexico being the #1 world wide destination for US tourists, and that 1.6M US citizens live there, I think it brings some perspective to this. It's pretty horrible though no matter what country it happens in. I've spent considerable time both where it happened and where they were dumped (as many of you have), and have never seen or felt the slightest sense of danger. I hope that never changes. It sure helps when you travel in groups.
  18. SANRider

Maybe try running it around the block with no air filter and see if that makes a difference?
  19. Rjg967

So I thought that was the case in the beginning, so I cleaned and reoiled the filter. Then just recently, after a couple of slow rides, I decided to throw in a brand new uni filter, I used the spray oil, same way I've done filters for the last 20 some odd years. I even cleaned the wire mesh screen in the air box
  20. I am too. I suppose we can have a do over soon?
  21. tntmo

Sometimes we overlook the simple stuff, I know it's bitten me a few times. Once I was working on a DRZ400 that seemed sluggish, did a bunch of stuff before I checked the oil and found it way overfilled (the vacuum petcock failed and filled the crankcase with gasoline).
  22. I’m sorry I missed lunch!
  23. Pokey151

I would get something else. I miss my Harley
  24. cj54x

I had a customers bike that was doing the same thing. I cleaned the tank, petcock, carb, and fresh gas but I didn't clean the air cleaner because he said he just did it and it looked fresh. Long story short, I decided to clean it anyway and found out that he had over oiled it and it wasn't getting enough air.
  25. Had to convert my pic files...
  26. Rjg967

Not allowed, you need to keep that for longer runs. Whether it's my KLR or something else, the highway miles will eat that 500 up
  27. Rjg967

Thanks for your input! Opened a couple avenues of thought, will pursue.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information