SCHWINN

ATTN: Desert Dash People

Brown Bag Sandwich Co will not be donating a truck and driver to Borrego this year.

They will however donate as much food as I want and deliver it to my house during regular bussiness hours.

I have a giant extra frig in the garage that I am putting in my 5th wheel and all the sandwiches will be in coolers till I get to the campsite 1 hr away from my house.

At the campsite I will plug in the frig and load it with the sandwiches. Sunday we will have to load the frig into the back of a pickup to take to Christmas Circle. Randy is calling the council to find out if there is a plug in the pavillion at the park.

If no plug we will need a small generator and we will need some of your largest coolers for the drinks. The club will be buying ICE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS.

If no plug we will need a small generator and we will need some of your largest coolers for the drinks. The club will be buying ICE.

ANY SUGGESTIONS.

I have a little Honda 2000 watt suitcase that I can bring to Butterfield Ranch.

I am only planning on doing the Saturday loop, and given my exceptional physical conditioning; I fully anticipate needing all day Sunday to build up the strength and motivation needed to collapse my pop-up trailer on Monday morning. The generator will be available to support fridge operation on Sunday. I may be able to assist in fridge loading and unloading if you can tolerate my whining like a little girl.

:)

I'll be in the Silver Tundra, with the Fleetwood pop-up and a 530 KTM

Mike Sutter

Steve,

Do you need additional cooler space? I can borrow units from work, but we're talking big commercial units... if you can fit all of the sandwiches in your refrigerator, we can just ice down the drinks/desserts in Igloos

I will ASS U ME that peoples personal coolers will be somewhat empty on Sunday, and we can just pool them together for the drive to Christmas Circle

Randy/Mimi/Deb- you can add me to the volunteer list for lunch distribution on Sunday if that helps. I have a truck and an enclosed trailer... we set up tables/chairs/tents last year, and would be glad to do the same if the equipment is available- I also have TWO 10x10 shade units, but that doesnt go that far when we're talking 100+ people

Let me know what you guys decide

Hey Steve,

I can bring whatever you need as well. I have a 3k honda whisper generator, as many large coolers as you need, canopies, tables, all that stuff. I'll bring two large coolers packed full of ice. Thats somewhere in the neighborhood of 150#'s so maybe you wont have to buy any. I'm also bringing 4 or so tables and a couple canopies for dinner Friday night.

Bob, I am bringing the same trailer as last year so if you guys want to use that to carry stuff out on Sunday your welcome to it. You can take my tables and canopies as well, in case you need them.

I have a large white boat cooler. Huge! I will not be going but you are more than welcome to use it.

thanks for all the extra work steve....myself and mimi are on board to help with sundaya lunch....what time do you need us at the circle?..we can talk when we get up there....

I'll have my motorhome at butterfield, so we were planning to ride up to the circle, so can't really do transport, but I'm sure we can work it all out.......let us know....deb

There is a plug at the circle but we will need permission to use it, I live about 900 ft from the circle so if you need to plug something into my garage let me know, I have a couple large coolers here also. alyeska

I think I can fit 150 or so Sandwiches of various sizes in 1 full size frig. I think Randy got permission today from the Christmas Circle Chairman to use the plug. Good job on the coolers folks.

I think Randy got permission today from the Christmas Circle Chairman to use the plug.

No, not yet. I was down at the Bay watching the Parade of Flight, then PB and OB celebrating.

Will call the President of the "Christmas Circle Association" soon.

I could come up with 900' of extension cord to plug into Alyeska's garage :lol::lol:

I have a 2000W (peak) / 1850W (continuous) Inverter in my truck.

Simple solution here. My truck has been offered as a support vehicle, so load the Frig in my truck, and haul it to the site. Leave the truck running and flip on the inverter.

My truck can handle it I used to use this solution at the track (tire warmers (1250W), trailer power (600W), before I bought my 2000W Honda Whisper Generator.

So in short, use my truck and you don't need to pull the Fridge out to power it. I could come by Thursday night or Friday at 0800 to pick it up.

Hey David,

Are we still using your truck for the EMT? I'm not sure how we can use it for the sandwiches and for driving the EMT to whatever destination he needs to get to. Or will the EMT duties be done by sandwich time?

Zarah

If you need ice let me know, I make tons of it everyday,, add some rock salt to it and it stays cold for 3 weeks

My Coca-Cola rep just left and dropped off 245 bottles of water and a couple of cases of Vitamin water for the Dash and just for meeeeeeee he dropped off these cool little red anodized coke cans 8.5oz. I have never seen these before and the NOS is for my kids.

coke.jpg

Are we still using your truck for the EMT?

Are we?

Either way, I can bring the inverter or the Generator, but I need to know before I rollout Friday at 10am

OKAY; we got Electricity at the park..Sooo bring on those giant coolers: Debbie and Tracy..

OKAY; we got Electricity at the park..Sooo bring on those giant coolers: Debbie and Tracy..

Someone can drive my F150 out from Butterfield to Borrego Springs with the Refrig, drinks and coolers. I'll have an extension cord.

My truck is a stick shift...hope that's not a problem for the driver.

OK>......

I will pick up 2 giant coolers full of ice to accomodate the drinks for SUNDAY LUNCH.....THANK YOU Tommy for providing the coolers and the Ice from Catalina Offshore....You guys rock! (I'll also be picking up some fish for tacos to go along with our carne asada for volunteer dinner friday) YUMMMM

Now, I plan to RIDE to the lunch on sunday, so who is around on Sunday to Drive the Coolers UP there...or can YOU take them steve????

OK>......

I will pick up 2 giant coolers full of ice to accomodate the drinks for SUNDAY LUNCH.....THANK YOU Tommy for providing the coolers and the Ice from Catalina Offshore....You guys rock! (I'll also be picking up some fish for tacos to go along with our carne asada for volunteer dinner friday) YUMMMM

Now, I plan to RIDE to the lunch on sunday, so who is around on Sunday to Drive the Coolers UP there...or can YOU take them steve????

Thanks Deb,

Does this mean that I dont need to bring any coolers full of ice? Steve, how much ice do you think we need?

OK>......

Thanks Deb,

Does this mean that I dont need to bring any coolers full of ice? Steve, how much ice do you think we need?

If you have room and it costs you nothing it would be nice to have it all chilled.

If you have room and it costs you nothing it would be nice to have it all chilled.

No problem then, I'll bring a couple coolers as well.

Mike and I are supposed to be driving the EMT around. If need be on Sunday Mike can drive the EMT and I can load all the food stuff in my truck and take it to the Sunday lunch spot.

Question, with the daytime high being projected at 65 degrees for Sunday in Borrego Springs do you all think we need to bring the fridge to Christmas Circle; would coolers be enough?