Sadly, out. Been trying to do this ride for years, and the date change provides a conflict- I'll be in Napa for a wedding.

Arrgh.

PitCrew and I are in - both days. Never been to the Grand Canyon so can't think of a better way to see it!

PitCrew and I are in - both days. Never been to the Grand Canyon so can't think of a better way to see it!

Awesome - was hoping you two would step up.....you'll love it!

Come'on folks - jump on board....

In for both days..

Great.....the views at Toroweap are unmatched......it looks close, but that's actually a ~3,000' vertical/sheer drop!

(Zina took this shot......I'm too gutless to sit on the edge like that)

Toroweapzina.jpg

In for both days..

Great.....the views at Toroweap are unmatched......it looks close, but that's actually a ~3,000' vertical/sheer drop!

Update.. Me + 1 for both days..

This is on my list of "Rides to do" but will have to pass this year, as The Leg won't be ready for a ride this long. Next year for sure!

In for both days..

Toroweapzina.jpg

scares me to death, where r the security fences?

In for both days..

Toroweapzina.jpg

That F'ing CRAZY!!! ... I lost my breath and had a quick endorphin rush just thinking and playing the what-if game... "what if, a breeze came up... or he got vertigo and lost his balance" ... I must be getting old!

That F'ing CRAZY!!! ... I lost my breath and had a quick endorphin rush just thinking and playing the what-if game... "what if, a breeze came up... or he got vertigo and lost his balance" ... I must be getting old!

Agreed........like I said, "I" didn't take that pic......I could barely even look over at Zina sitting there :dead: ......She's a rock climber so she's used to those sorts of views..... :wacko:

My daughter, Caitlynn, and Ron (Slowdown) approached/viewed with caution......meanwhile Zina was sitting on the far ledge without a care in the world.....

IMG_0368.jpg

Wayne and I are in, plus a friend. Posted on other site to confirm.

Comrades, you will not find another place this close to home that features barbed wire as art.

post-1009-077117900 1294763545_thumb.jpg

My daughter, Caitlynn, and Ron (Slowdown) approached/viewed with caution......meanwhile Zina was sitting on the far ledge without a care in the world.....

IMG_0368.jpg

.... I'm still waiting for the rock ledge to give way! I must be a scaredy cat when it comes to uncertainty. huh.gif

I'd be happy to be shown up by a girl!! coolio.gif LoL!

I'd be happy to be shown up by a girl!! LoL!

I wouldn't go anywhere NEAR the edge, I was shaking like a leaf.

Sadly, out. Been trying to do this ride for years, and the date change provides a conflict- I'll be in Napa for a wedding.

Arrgh.

date change bumped me as well...perhaps some of us need to plan another journey up there?...I sooooo want to go... :(

date change bumped me as well...perhaps some of us need to plan another journey up there?...I sooooo want to go... :(

There is a really good chance I will be looping the Grand Canyon in Mid-may... at a minimum will be doing the South Rim around to within a half day ride to Bar 10 before heading north to Five Miles of Hell and onto Salt Lake City.

There is a really good chance I will be looping the Grand Canyon in Mid-may... at a minimum will be doing the South Rim around to within a half day ride to Bar 10 before heading north to Five Miles of Hell and onto Salt Lake City.

If you take the GS. in Five Miles of Hell I want to see Pictures.! :upsidedown:

If you take the GS. in Five Miles of Hell I want to see Pictures.! :upsidedown:

That all depends on how my pre-ride meeting goes with those interested... we may not go to 5MoH if I take the big bike, but if I am on something "capable" then we will for sure.

Please go to DSM for details on this year's ride to the Bar 10 Ranch: http://www.dualsportmoto.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=1419#p1419

The first post in the DSM thread has been amended with payment instructions (payments are to be made directly to Bar 10 Ranch). Reserve your spot with Bar 10 ASAP - I'd hate to see any SDAR folks get shut out.

Still thinking about it. I've never even been anywhere near the Grand Canyon or any outlying canyons in the area. Life is short.... :unsure: