kkug

Beginner Bikepacking Seminar and Campouts by “KUG”

I don,t know either. After the Desert Dash I have to start to get this organzied. Bald Beamer lives in Romona somewhere.

It will be good to have you their.!

This sounds like a great idea! :thumbsup_anim: I have it penciled in. I bought a set of Dirtbagz, think I need to get a Rotopak setup also. My biggest concern is the sub-frame with all the weight. Has anyone done any work on beefing up their sub-frame?

I am also interested in the links your were referring to. I have yet to ride the Mojave Preserve, but it is on the short list. Would be willing to join up on a Preserve ride sometime.

Penciled in and will watch this thread for additional info. Looking forward to this ride!

Interested in the small bike ride, will mark the calendar.

I will start a new thread on the small bike bikepacking trip this weekend. I think I am staying home because of the storm.

I checked The Mistress of the Duals place last week. It will be great. They have a large grassy yard where we can set up some gear. If any one wants to bring their setup you are more than welcome.

I think 10 AM will be a good starting time. We can talk about a lot of stuff and then the Mistress will fire up the grill. ( Hot Dogs,Hamburger,s)

After lunch we will continue with the Seminar.

Probley bring a chair ( if you are taking a car ) PM me or the Mistress for their address. And it would be nice to get some type of head-count so we get a good ideal of how many Dogs -Burgers to get.If any one wants to bring snacks for the lunch it would be more than welcome.

Later the KUG

No burgers and dogs for us. I twisted Baldbeemer's arm and he has agreed to make his yummy pulled pork for us smiley-eatdrink011.gif. So it will be pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and chips and stuff.

No burgers and dogs for us. I twisted Baldbeemer's arm and he has agreed to make his yummy pulled pork for us smiley-eatdrink011.gif. So it will be pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw and chips and stuff.

Im In :rolleyes:

Can new guys come to this ?

Yes Yes thats what it is all about. This is to share knowledge that some rider,s have to the riders that may be interested in doing some bikepacking. It is also a good time to match the screen names with real people.

Great.... Been riding for 25 years but brand new to Dual sport and SDAR. Can I pm you to get the location ?

Eddie

Great.... Been riding for 25 years but brand new to Dual sport and SDAR. Can I pm you to get the location ?

Eddie

Yes-- it will be good to have you.

ken and z, I'm planning on coming up saturday morning.....please put me on your list....see you then....d

So this gathering at Baldbeemer and Mistresses's place in Ramona is on March 12th ?

Would love to make it, but it's the same weekend as Pasta's Beach to River ride.

So this gathering at Baldbeemer and Mistresses's place in Ramona is on March 12th ?

Would love to make it, but it's the same weekend as Pasta's Beach to River ride.

I would like to do the beach ride but it is not in the cards this year. Have fun!

Will there be a ride after the seminar? I think a practice run with gear on the bike would have some benefit.

Plenty of dirt roads where I live. Which are pretty thrashed right now after the rains so there will be plenty of opportunity to test out how well you packed your gear. There's also two water crossings within a mile so you can test out how waterproof you packed your gear. Yes, I know you could just run a hose over everything but it's much more fun to ride through the water.

Will there be a ride after the seminar? I think a practice run with gear on the bike would have some benefit.

I got a ride planed to the river on the 26th.

I'm riding up to the seminar from poway...I was thinking of taking a run out Pamo, up Black Mountain, over to Black Canyon afterwards?..hey mike, I'd love to have you along -if we happen to meet up with some of those beligerant indians wanting to start a fight along Black Canyon...I'll protect ya! :torch:

This is just a rough guess but I can visualize the the seminar and all the talking would be done around 2-2:30-3:00 at the latest.

I'm in. Zara, can I bring some bottled water, Coke, and other liquid refreshments to round out the menu?

Look at the first post for the in list and the maybe list. If any thing changes let us know.

Thanks