Yikes! We want the story. Good wet traction day. Photos please. This may demand a new thread. "Slow down thread." (A personal need.)

The photo tells us a good deal.

Sticky traction...Pumpkins in the trail...moving from bright light to dark...Big rocks at exit

Here's hoping it all ended well.

My guess on this is that he came around that corner, feeling pretty good, grabs a handful, gets all squirrelly and highsides onto the rocks. Hopefully nothing hurt except a little pride and was able to enjoy the rest of the day/ride. Looks real nice out

Hey guys, that is my bike!! Ken was more interested in taking pictures of it than me and answering my squeals of pain after I landed on my back pelvis on a big rock (pics to come)... :angry:

Hey, not good marketing for the bike I decided to sell. See classified for 2009 KTM 530 EXC. The bike was actually fine after this lay-over. I'm walin' and not even a bruise.

Randy

Ok Its time to fill you all in. I invited my two buddies Steve and Charlie ( Non SDAR members ) They we all jazzed to go as they did not do a official Dual Sport Ride in years. Randy 530exc joined us also. We met in Escondido at 3:00 PM ( Randy was running late so he met us in Bishop). Got on the 15 and about 15 miles later Steve's truck gave a funny clunk in the shifting. Off and on it was acting up but we pressed on . We got to Bishop around 10 and Randy was right behind us at the first lite. Stooped at the Denny's where we met Charlie's sister that lives their.

It was a treat to talk to her and her hubby about Bishop and the great out doors. A lot of interesting story's about wildlife. They checked out the over-sized maps that the club had made to show the routes. On Sat they took their Jeep out to meet riders on the trail.

Back at the Denny's their was a puddle of coolant under Steve's truck. Could that be from someone else ??

In the morning we woke up to sunny sky,s and snow in the Mtn,s.

2010BishopDualSport001.jpg

At 8:00 Steve took his truck to the dealer and they found the trany had a bad solenoid but he big thing was the water pump was leaking. So he decieded to have them fix it. It is a big bad A-- GMC. nice rig.

We took a easy route to Benton. Very nice --Great views --snow all around us--perfict weather.

2010BishopDualSport032.jpg

2010BishopDualSport003.jpg

We took it easy. We wanted to get back early to retrieve Steve's truck. It was just a relaxing day on the trail.

We really like how the club puts on the ride . You can pick any route they have and do it in any order you want. The longest one was about 170 miles ( Bishop to Mammoth and back )

In the eveing they had chili and it was very good. Talked to Zoot and saw RandyL

Went to the Bowling alley for some extra food ( it is a good place to eat and the prices are right ) BS and brews.

We wanted to get on the trail early so we did not get to crazy.

Randy530EXC

2010BishopDualSport008.jpg

Sat morn up early. We planed to do Coyote Flats and also the difficult Woodcutters trail. Got riding around 8:15 AM .

Sandy roads and washes greeted us. No dust ,just awesome views.

2010BishopDualSport014.jpg

Got to the top of Coyote Flats,rode in some snow,some rocks, stooped by a lake.

2010BishopDualSport012.jpg

2010BishopDualSport016.jpg

Almost Breathtaking!

2010BishopDualSport017.jpg

The route had it moments and then Randy got bit by a big rock. It looked ugly . Randy got pitched off and landed on his side. After a few moments it seemed it was not life threatening . I will save Randy by not posting a pic of him at a difficult time.

After a few minutes he was up walking and recovering well. A real trooper ! He sucked it up and rode what seemed to be a five mile down hill.

We rode to Big Pine to get gas and lunch. Randy decided to call it a day. So off we rode to do the most difficult route on the ride. We talked to some other riders the nite before and they said just don,t look down and and don,t let it get to your head. OK we will do that!!

2010BishopDualSport019.jpg

We rode a combination of single track ,canyons,sand washes ,trees,rocks. The trails were getting tighter and tighter. Good stuff.

We come across A rider with a BMW HP3. We saw that he had made it threw a few difficult sections and saw he was a good rider .

But he lost his footing on a narrow trail and ----

2010BishopDualSport022.jpg

We all tag teamed and got his bike upright. Then we had to push pull it inch by inch back to the trail. It took awile but we got it.

2010BishopDualSport024.jpg

2010BishopDualSport023.jpg

Need less to say we are glad he took a bail out. Further down the trail it got very tite and we had to bulldog it down a waterfall.

Great pictures,did the ride include trails in the Whites ?

No it did not but Sunday morn we took a ride up Silver Canyon and down Wyman. Very nice indeed!

We did not take many pictures after the waterfall because it was great and we did not want to stop.

2010BishopDualSport028.jpg

2010BishopDualSport027.jpg

The trail continued down to Bishop and ended with some single-track almost to the edge of town.

Later that nite we had a great BBQ put on by the Camber of Commence,a lot of give aways. Good Times !!

Sunday Morning we went up Silver Canyon and Enjoyed the views. What a great area to ride !

The truck made it back home so we will have to do it one more time next year !!

NIce views, Benton, and Lake Crowley (good fishing their too if interested). Good times had by all. Thanks again to the great guys in my group: Ken, Steve, and Charlie for tolerating my snoring. I did bring ear plugs for Charlie.

post-14152-007019600 1286984458_thumb.jp

post-14152-055586800 1286984475_thumb.jp

post-14152-049971700 1286984501_thumb.jp

post-14152-013078500 1286984520_thumb.jp

post-14152-033564600 1286984541_thumb.jp

post-14152-009529100 1286984561_thumb.jp

post-14152-019118700 1286984575_thumb.jp

post-14152-030830900 1286984586_thumb.jp

We all tag teamed and got his bike upright. Then we had to push pull it inch by inch back to the trail. It took awile but we got it.

Sounds like ya need the patented Strega figure 8/pulley system stashed away on the bike somewhere :)

Very nice...thanks for sharing..looks like a good time..