pyro

BAD ASS CAR ! ! !

I miss this car! Took it up to Willow Springs a couple times in her later years. Shredded 2 sets of tires on a college budget, then got back home and blew out the rear end. Game over. I really want to drive a race car again. 8-]

My old 1985 GT

2010-09-28000229.jpg

She went around 143@top of 4th. Shift to 5th & down to 138 on straights. Not much use for 5th gear on the race track, but it helped save some fuel on the way up and back.

2010-09-28000136-1.jpg

Uncorked w/ Holley 4barrel. It was the last year of the carbs

2010-09-28000326.jpg

Its a 1970 2WD Blazer. It did late 13s at Carlsbad in the old days but now its tired so I have a 383 on the way. Oh, BTW my Blazer is not bad ass, just alot of fun.

BLAZERATHOME.jpg

my next door neighbor has that car, but it is SVO 4 cyclinder turbo model that hasnt run in 10 years... He cant find any parts for that car...just a real odd ball motor.

If he had the 5.0 GT model parts would be everywhere.

when i was 14 my dad aquired a 1969 Camaro z28...i wanted it so bad, he was like NOPE...not you...he knew i would die in that car...

this not it...no pics available...but this one looks exactly like it.

http://www.streetsideclassics.com/images/inventory/cha/788/788.jpg

now THAT is a badass car....anyone see a theme on the reasons i like orange?

My first car was a badass 1968 Mercury Montego 4 door family car with a 302 V-8.

It was a hand-me-down from my bro to sis to me.

My father wondered why the right rear tire would wear down quicker (go bald) than the rest of the tires :heh:

I blew the motor in that one. Then when my father saw I was looking at motorcycles before I was going to move to Houston, he bought me a 1974 Mercury Capri (Crappi) that was orange also, with a 4 cylinder (he said no more V-8 for me). I managed to beat the balls off that thing too.

How strange you would post that car, I just picked up an 86 Gt Convertible with 460000 miles at an estate sale, it is smogged and registered. The old boy was sanding on the body for something to do and never got around to painting it. Any painters out there? Now I have to sell the Geo convertible to pay for fixing up the Stang. I had no idea they went that fast, no wonder there are not many left. My kid won't be driving it.

Coors light ickk!

Regular Coors is the real deal.

I (for one) would love for this thread to be about badass cars...

so far, we've heard of a few...

I'll try to find a picture of one of my favorite cars... when it was running and not catching on fire

found a video

It was always having issues... but a BLAST when it was running right... got this AFTER a 57 Chevy (wowfully stock... land barge)so I thought the Fiat was the greatest thing ever

Hydroplaned in to a tree eluding cops when I was 17... spent a little time in jail... stepdads are WAY cooler about that sort of thing than moms... especially since it wasn't my first accident...

damn... I sound incorriju... incorigi... like a hoodlum

i love the spitfire and the jensen healy....is that sharing too much?

Not to me!

Also had a 59 Austin Healy (Bug Eyed) Sprite before I got the Spitfires.

i love the scca race series that has alot of bugeyes and mg midgets and some datsun 2000s

that is fun to watch those old classics pitching it in around road america or mid ohio...good stuff

My first and still my most beloved car was a 1984 chevy camaro. I bought it for $500.00 dollars from and old lady who lost her son in a drunk driving accident and just wanted to get rid of the car. It was ten years old with 1200 miles on it Came from the factory with a high output 350,six speed, t-tops and power everything. Wasn't fast enough and believe me this thing was fast, so my dad and i pulled the motor and put in a 396 big block, new trani, posi rear you know the works. Ran in the 11's at the track with all the stereo equipment i could fit in the trunk and a full tank of gas :lol: Pass anything but a gas station, my speciality was eating up the wanna be fast cobra mustangs and the 5.0 dorks hahahahaha. I went away for college leaving the guzzler behind and my dad GAVE it away to my cousin who promptly totaled it, i still don't think i have forgiven my dad for that yet and its been 20 years. :heh:

I can relate Brian.

I had a really nice turquoise and all white interior 65 Mustang. Spinner hubs etc.. Let my girlfriend of the day borrow it. She totaled it. Needless to say I no longer have the car or the girlfriend. Still bitter about that one. :torch:

I had that car for two years and never got in trouble at all, not saying i wasn't bad just never got caught. My first speeding ticket came in a snow storm driving my 85 gmc 4x4. Ridin on 35's with a 454 and a factory 3 speed with granny gear. love that truck second most, it was god awful fun to drive and would climb over anything offroad. held about 70 gallons of gas due to dual tanks and rocked on the beach in the summers, we would fill up the bed with ice and beer and drive out into the dunes and camp for the weekend catching fish to eat out of the ocean inlet into the bay. Those were the days.................man i had some bad ass rides back in the day

In case anyone is wondering, I just pruned the sh!t outa this thread, removed all the negative comments, and anything else that looked even REMOTELY off the topic.

Just stop with the hijacking. Post a pic of your favorite ride, don't bash anyone else, and I don't get my panties in a bunch and start nuking posts or just deleting entire topics.

1001-1.jpg

1936 Master De Luxe Sport Sedan(slightly modified) and 1947 CJ2A

Still not done and collecting dust. Very fast, very fun. :D

'91 Mustang. I bought it in '96 right after high school graduation. Tons of mods to the suspension, brakes, and engine. Very fast and fun car. I sold it last year right before my son was born so we could buy my wife a four door. She told me I can buy a project car when my son is older for us to work on together so I guess it's ok.

n612883973_1861573_4438.jpg

a project car with your kid when they hit their teens is such a cool thing...i had 3 projects i did with my dad as a kid and i have great memories of the hours spent in the garage and spray booth with pops...memories that will last all of my life

I was nice :rolleyes:

Great thread! Strega thanks for keeping it on track.

My dad had two 5.0s and '86 and an '89. The '89 was the first car I ever took over 100mph (in a controlled environment with professional driver :cool04: ).

My aunt and dad both raced SCCA and I've always been around fun cars. Growing up working on classics with my dad was a huge part of my childhood and highly recommend it for family time. :thumbsup_anim: He also had a spitfire, bugeyed sprite, cortina, corvair, and the list goes on and on, so it's cool to see some of those mentioned here.

Anyhow, I bought this in high school and still have it sitting in my garage. I drive it when I can and am always tinkering slowly building it into what I want.

cscm02.jpg

and a few years ago when I decided to move up to a modern block, bored and stroked with a roller cam and all the goodies.

IMG_0004.jpg

My dad's always been around to help out with this one too. It can be a real b i t c... of a car at times :laughingsmiley:

Wow great stuff guys! Keep it coming!!! :good:

My dad had a 1932 Ford Victoria project car when I was growing up. The first Ford V8. He was restoring it to stock condition. I helped him and his friend install a new engine. It was a genuine flat head V8, brand new in a crate! It was a new motor that was shipped to Germany during WW2 and never used. True story, believe it or not. I learned to drive on that car a couple years later. B)

Jezabelle was a BAD ASS CAR! Here is the only photo I can find right now.

2010-10-01213202.jpg

By the way, when this car came out, Ford started winning all the races for a number of years there. That's what dad says anyways 8-]

1932-ford-models-b-and-18-6.jpg

The competition was struggling pretty hard back then

harlemracetrack1.jpg

plym37.jpg

Wow that ultrasweeet!

1001-1.jpg

Megaclassics!