Glenn L

High Desert New Guy

Hello All!

Just wanted to check in, not from SD area but have enjoyed your site and the spirit of the riders in your area.

Been riding 40 plus years, expert class desert racer for almost 20. Done with that, pretty old and beat up now. I live in Apple Valley in the So Cal High Desert, can do many types of rides from my house,desert trails 10 minutes north and mountain trails 15 minutes south. I have a KTM 530 for dualsport and an XC 300 for pure off-road. Would like to extend ivites to ride from my place or near by, all of my dualsport rides are intermediate level rides with lots of trail and singletrack.

I have a local spot that has many miles of singletrack winding through Pinyon Pine and Granite formations plus epic all day dual sport options right from my garage.

Weather is cooling off so watch the forum for ride announcements. Hope to meet a few of you guys, would love to show you the gems in this part of the desert.

Glenn

Hell yeah! Sign me up!

Welcome to the club! Always looking to find new areas to ride, and you are still close enough to make a day trip.

I'll slow you down, but somebody has to be the slow one, right?

And we can return the favor if you ever want to come down here

Pay no attention the the man they call BikeSlut.

I wanna go! I'll slow you down even more, and I'm older, too!

Oh. Welcome...

Welcome to the forum. I'll slow you down even more than the other two said they would, but I wanna go! :rolleyes:

.....all of my dualsport rides are intermediate level rides with lots of trail and singletrack......

"in"

Oh, and Welcome :)

In my mind, I ride fast... In my heart, I ride fast... In my dreams, I ride really fast... On my bike, however, not so much :blush: but I wanna come too.....

From one newbie to another - Welcome!!!

Wow ! Thank you all so much for being so welcoming. I am an "EX" racer, so my rides are more of a medium pace, keep moving style without alot of extended breaks. How fast could a grandpa with one shoulder that is pretty much useless be?

I'll be 60 on my next birthday but hold my own and consider my self to be a decent rider, probably a little better rider than most my age. Heck I have a 21 year old trail riding/desert racing son so I always try to keep up with him, but that aint workin so great lately. I am very well prepared, carry all the required "fix it" tools, can use a GPS a bit as well. Not a ride trip camper, more of a motel guy for long rides, but i do enjoy camping and riding out of one location for 2-3 days.

Anyway, my little rides can be mild to wild, but most fall somewhere in the middle, the wilder ones are the short ones. I do most of my longer rides on Fridays and Saturdays, but can do some sundays if needed. I reserve most Sunday rides for local trail ride stuff unless something really special comes up.

Thanks for the invite to th BB ride this weekend but I spent last weekend riding Piute Mountains south of Lake Isabella and have plenty to do around the house and a family event in Laguna Beach this Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting you all, keep in touch.

Glen took me on a kick ass ride last year near Ft Irwin. As he says ( we will ride some good stuff )

All healed up??

Thanks for joining our group

Ken

Glenn, what a warm and inviting first post, very generous of you to offer so much fun.

i am slowest of them all right now...just riding a lazy boy...

like you i am an ex racer with lots of leftover scars....so im not fast, but i can usually keep up most groups.

welcome to the group, always nice to get another good natured member

kelly

Glen took me on a kick ass ride last year near Ft Irwin. As he says ( we will ride some good stuff )

All healed up??

Thanks for joining our group

Ken

That was good fun but a bit too windy for my taste. Look forward to seeing you again Ken, Need to show you the spot here in town..

WELCOME!!! and thanks for the invite!

That being said, Kellymac is faster on his lazy-boy than I am on my DRZ :huh: