wanna be

Got a plate

for my Honda 250X and have been lurking on this site for a few weeks now to see if my Husband and I might fit in. What a wonderful bunch of caring people, with many exciting adventures. We have been riding dirt(upper-lower desert..Kennedy Meadows) for about 5 years ( Husband has been riding from teen age years, with a 20 year break ) and have come to the realization that a plated bike opens up alot more riding in So. Cal. My Husband and I have just begun to play on the fire roads around Orange County and are looking for more areas to ride. Of course riding with new people is always fun. I already know that I need a more powerful bike for the pavement part of the dual sport stuff and will work on correcting that in the next year. I'm happy to see some active riding women on the site and hope that they will give me some pointers on how to improve my skills. I started riding very late in life and have lost that " no fear" attitude so I have been riding using my brain ~ that really slows things down.

We have two sons ( 43 yrs and 19yrs ) the younger boy likes MX and desert speed and is now dabbling in down hill mountain biking. He is in his 2nd year of college... so not much time for family riding. ( I really miss that ) Older boy rides also and when we can all get our moons aligned, we head for the desert. We also have a daughter that lives in Colorado and left home before we discovered dirt bikes. So it is looking more and more that there will be just Hubby and I riding the trails...we are not used to being alone and need to make some new riding friends. We look forward to meeting you all.

welcome to the club....it IS a Great place with amazing people......Look forward to meeting you and sharing some adventures.....ps: always nice to meet other lady riders too....

.What a wonderful bunch of caring people, with many exciting adventures.

Oh- you've not met BikeSlut yet... (see, this is where I'd put a smiley of some sort, but, well...)

Seriously, welcome to the club, hope to ride with you soon!

.What a wonderful bunch of caring people, with many exciting adventures.

Oh- you've not met BikeSlut yet...smiley-laughing014.gif

Seriously, welcome to the club, hope to ride with you soon!

Fixed it for you.

welcome.gif.

Lots of people with different skill levels here so you're sure to find rides that will suit you. I also started riding later in life and have only been at it for about a year so I'm a slow-poke too. smiley-transport026.gif

Welcome aboard! Good way to meet some of the group all at once is HERE

Hope you can make it & look forward to riding with whomever from your family shows up.

Welcome to the group. You'll meet some great people here.

I also have a 250X. I WISH I had a plate on that.

Hope to ride with you soon.

wanna be- I was being sarcastic; it's nice to have you on board

I also have a big age gap with my kids... 23 years... of course, there are a bunch in between too...

Still a little warm in the desert, but Rancho SD is quite nice this time of year...

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Mr. bikeslut, I can not wait to hear the stories about you. Going to stop by the Coon Cabin Sat. night to meet some of the group...can't wait,should be a great weekend for riding.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Mr. bikeslut, I can not wait to hear the stories about you. Going to stop by the Coon Cabin Sat. night to meet some of the group...can't wait,should be a great weekend for riding.

Welcome to the group. Open desert riding is a thing of of the past. Plated dualsport is the only way you can now enjoy the outdoors on a bike. That is what this group is all about. You will find some enjoyable and civilized people here.

On Bikeslut-don't be fooled by his Avatar. He does not look anything like the various Avatars he uses. I have not seen any of his Avatars that actually resemble the real Bikeslut.

On Bikeslut-don't be fooled by his Avatar. He does not look anything like the various Avatars he uses. I have not seen any of his Avatars that actually resemble the real Bikeslut.

I haven't even seen the real Bikeslut resemble the real Bikeslut! :lol::o