Mistress of the dual

What do you do when it's too hot to go for a ride?

Well, if you are Baldbeemer you turn your wife's equestrian trail course into a motorcycle trail course and go ride around in the front yard for 15 minutes.

Log Cross

LogEast4.jpg

Log Cross

LogWest1.jpg

Platform

Platform2.jpg

Platform

Platform5.jpg

Step Up

StepDown1.jpg

Step Down

StepDown5.jpg

Water Crossing

Water3.jpg

That's great practice and will absolutely improve riding skills. I wonder if there is a place we could setup something like this with obstacles for people to try and navigate for practice.

What a great idea, well done!!

I wonder if there is a place we could setup something like this

I'm thinking Sumo course in Strega's development.

Who's with?

(of course, you have to bring a bike for me to ride)

how many times do i gotta tell you to come up my bike fakey.... :coolio:

mistress...nice ride pic....baldy good techniq...dang i miss riding :(

MOTD... isn't it hot where you live? It seems hot EVERYWHERE today... even down at the bay.

as for the "idea" of an easy obstacle course, I love the idea. Simple enough that a mistake wouldn't end up in carnage, and you can take multiple tries at an obstacle. Take different approaches, etc.

but it's still too hot to work that hard...

I'll post pics of my yard some time... it is trials bike heaven, but not sure of the neighbors would approve

Well, the KDX seems well trained. I don't see any pictures of the little critter spooking or balking at any of the obstacles. I hope BB walked him down to cool him out after that workout. :coolio:

He always was a thoughtful guy. That is using your head (in a good way). That practice is perfect for improving your skills.

Good Idea...

But...

What is this "too hot to ride" you speak of?

MOTD...you should try riding atgatt....but just the gear....BB would like it....

just a helmet & goggles, chest protector, gloves, knee pads, and boots...that would be much cooler to ride in than the pants and jersey...and i bet BB would love to see that.....

your welcome BB ;):D

For me, too hot for ATGATT = too hot to ride

That's what I love about the trials bike. I just wait for the evening to come and the temps to drop. Then I head out to the garage in shorts, tee shirt and a pair of boots and roll the machine out to practice. Helmet? I don't need no stinking helmet.tongue.gif I'm not even going to start the engine on the machine, just gonna work on feet up full lock, right, left turn and feet up straight away. Whew....a workout (hope to help balance issues), and saves wear and tear and fuel costs on the machine.coolguy.gif

Well, if you are Baldbeemer you turn your wife's equestrian trail course into a motorcycle trail course, turn on the sprinklers like we did as kids and go ride around in the front yard for 15 minutes.

FIXXED

Water3.jpg

Lucky!!!!!!...It was tempting to ride around the cul-ta-sac today while I was cleaning out the garage and the RV for camping next week. I don't think the neighbors would appreciate me practicing drop-offs on my son's bike ramp in the streetbiggrin.gif.

Well, sometimes I ride in the heat here, but better yet: I take the 2 hour trip to big bear and escape the heat....(not to mention the GREAT riding)....

Spent the weekend up there......it was BEAUTIFUL and not too hot at all .,(.will write up later...fun riding with johnnybags, pyro and Steve from LA (who will be joining our site soon)...home late last night, .heading to knotts berry farm with the teens today, before school starts wed...

Went to Lake Mojave with a bunch of other folks.......

LakeMojave.jpg

Went to Lake Mojave with a bunch of other folks.......

Nice! I spent a week on a houseboat on Lake Mojave when I was a teenager. Good times.