DigDug

Another Big Bike Ride - Toro Peak

If you have room for one more, I would like to try out my new MotoZ tires (thanks to socalhodaka)

John

In see you there. Only 450 cc's but i have two of them does that count? well really it's 449 but i round it up.

We may be in..........unless instead, we head to Sacramento to pick up a purdy bike for Laura.

Doug,

I'm on the fence about doing your ride or the Escondido BMW street ride that day. Regardless, I didn't see anything about a lunch venue on your ride so we should bring lunch and plan on eating on the trail. Correct?

Thanks for putting this together and the GPS files! .

Doug,

I'm on the fence about doing your ride or the Escondido BMW street ride that day. Regardless, I didn't see anything about a lunch venue on your ride so we should bring lunch and plan on eating on the trail. Correct?

Thanks for putting this together and the GPS files! .

There are a couple places to grab some food in Anza. A nice little grill and a Dairy Queen. It all depends on how the time flows.

There are a couple places to grab some food in Anza. A nice little grill and a Dairy Queen. It all depends on how the time flows.

There's a better place to eat at the corner of Hwy. 371 and 74, just east of Anza. Plus, it's a biker hangout.

There's a better place to eat at the corner of Hwy. 371 and 74, just east of Anza. Plus, it's a biker hangout.

That place is pretty cool. Last time I was there, it was good, but SLOW... We'll have to see how the pace turns out on the ride.

Last time we were there, the old lady running the place pulled out a bunch of photos of her on old motorcycles from when she was a teenager - what a trip down memory lane for her!

That place is pretty cool. Last time I was there, it was good, but SLOW... We'll have to see how the pace turns out on the ride.

Certainly, it must be better service than Hell's Kitchen. :blink:

last time rexr and i were up the in the early summer...that place on 371 and 74 was closed down...it might be open now, but it wasnt a few months ago...

there is a great little mexican restuarant in anza called mi casita or something...it is on the right side of 371 if you are coming from 74, the left side if coming from the 79. it is in the middle of town...cold beer and a great burrito

Me.........and maybe Laura, if she wants to get up that early, are in for this ride.......

Did y'all say 7:30 at Packards ? Geez.........is that the ORIGINAL Pakcards on the east side of town ? There are 2 of them, one is towards the west.

Did y'all say 7:30 at Packards ? Geez.........is that the ORIGINAL Pakcards on the east side of town ? There are 2 of them, one is towards the west.

B) B) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny man!

PS - If you're not joking, check the first post - it tells you which one and has a Google maps link (even a street view photo of the place)

PPS - 7th and Main if you don't want to scroll back

My Son and I WILL NOT be at Packards.......We were given a Good and Wise suggestion by KKUG and have opted to Truck our "little" bikes up to ANZA , and save the extra 100+ miles on our "not so cushy" bikes...

Props to you Big Bikers doing a 200+ mile day.....

I've riden Black Canyon several times this month already, and want to save a little "saddle longevity"....So at least 3 of us plan to ride ANZA to Thomas Mt. and then will Hopefully meet up with you guys late morning over at Santa Rosa or Toro....Any other "Little" bikers, let me or kkug know if want to join us.......Probably Anza about 8:30 am +/-???

A good place to park is on the little cul de sac right next to the Arco and Dairy Queen.

A good place to park is on the little cul de sac right next to the Arco and Dairy Queen.

mimi, come join us ! give me a call

My Son and I WILL NOT be at Packards.......We were given a Good and Wise suggestion by KKUG and have opted to Truck our "little" bikes up to ANZA , and save the extra 100+ miles on our "not so cushy" bikes...

Props to you Big Bikers doing a 200+ mile day.....

I've riden Black Canyon several times this month already, and want to save a little "saddle longevity"....So at least 3 of us plan to ride ANZA to Thomas Mt. and then will Hopefully meet up with you guys late morning over at Santa Rosa or Toro....Any other "Little" bikers, let me or kkug know if want to join us.......Probably Anza about 8:30 am +/-???

Hmmmmmmmm, Caitlynn and I were planning on leaving the house around 6:50am tomorrow and heading over to Packards.......we have to be back home by 1pm so she can get ready for work so we were never planning on riding the whole route......perhaps we'll load up and drive to Anza???......we'd leave here around 7 which oughta put us up at the Arco/Dairy Queer in the ~8:30 timeframe.....I'll text you in the morning to let you know if we're on the road or riding local.....

With regards to "saddle longevity", you'd better toughen up those buns :huh::unsure: , we'll be riding ~250 miles in the 3 days we'll be at Mammoth B)

Any other "Little" bikers, let me or kkug know if want to join us.......Probably Anza about 8:30 am +/-???

I was thinking of joining the ride but have a "little" bike which I probably don't want to sit on for that long. Can I join you guys in Anza?

Dom

Hmmmmmmmm, Caitlynn and I were planning on leaving the house around 6:50am tomorrow and heading over to Packards.......we have to be back home by 1pm so she can get ready for work so we were never planning on riding the whole route......perhaps we'll load up and drive to Anza???......we'd leave here around 7 which oughta put us up at the Arco/Dairy Queer in the ~8:30 timeframe.....I'll text you in the morning to let you know if we're on the road or riding local.....

With regards to "saddle longevity", you'd better toughen up those buns :o:lol: , we'll be riding ~250 miles in the 3 days we'll be at Mammoth B)

:lol: :lol: :lol: .... why I'm saving some miles for next week.....I'm ready and can't wait!...(rode down to maint. day today in PB), tomorrow maybe an easy 80 miles?..

Cool for tomorrow..Hope you and Caitlyn can make it....we should be in Anza about 8:15..leaving El Norte Exit about 7:30 with KKUG....give me a call or text.......

Any other "Little" bikers, let me or kkug know if want to join us.......Probably Anza about 8:30 am +/-???

I was thinking of joining the ride but have a "little" bike which I probably don't want to sit on for that long. Can I join you guys in Anza?

Dom

of course...there's a cul de sac near dairy queen...I've never been there, but that's the plan 8:15/8:3O am.....let us know if you'll be there for sure...will check back on line tonight...

Cool for tomorrow..Hope you and Caitlyn can make it....we should be in Anza about 8:15..leaving El Norte Exit about 7:30 with KKUG....give me a call or text.......

Caitlynn is definitely "in" but we're just gonna ride from home so we can say hello to everyone at Packard's (assuming she gets here at 6:30am) and replace ~2+ hours of trailering time w riding time since we're on a short time leash.......probably ride to Anza, gas up, U-Turn for Ramona the same way we came (and blow off High Pt TT and Palomar TT)......maybe stop off at The Hideout on the way back if it's open before noon....

........Caitlynn is definitely "in" .........

That's the important thing.....Have a Great Ride !....Tell her to come to Mammoth !...and that I say "Hi"....

This is for the little bike ride-- I did a quick plot and we can do one of two routes tomorrow.

Anza-Bautista-Hemit-Rouse Ridge-Thomas Mtn.-Toro Peak-Anza = Aprox 85-95 ?? miles

Or

Anza-Rouse Ridge to Hemit-up to Pine Cove -Idyllwild-Toro Peak- Anza =Aprox 90 ?? miles.

Disclaimer My milage may be off!

I have room in my pick up for one bike. Can meet me at the El Norte park and ride I 15 Escondido 7:15 leaving 7:30 0r met us at the Dairy Queen lot in Anza.

Bring water,snaks,tools ,tubes ,ect.

Later Ken

Full Screen Map: HERE

Way cool Roger but I would think a comptent techy like yourself would have made the travelling blue dot icon a cool looking dirt bike rider. :lol: