I just wanted to start this thread and let you guys know i had an awesome time riding today. Paul (?), thanks for leading ... the trails were a diverse mix between single track, fire trails and supermoto ish twisties (fun wheelie bumps) and i could have ridden for the whole day had you guys decided to keep on going. Thanks TH & BS for riding sweep.

Bob, thanks for offering to take a picture when i dropped the bike B) , i was a bit too busy trying to pick it up.

DaJudge, hope you had a good ride.

This is the only pic i managed to take for the day.

post-14022-1279488523_thumb.jpg

It was a great ride, lots of fun, some fresh faces, no crashes (to speak of, anyway) and no mechanicals. Great to have dajudge along for the ride.

Thanks to BS and TH for arranging the whole thing!

B) I've never seen anybody pick up a BRP (wbt) so fast :party:

That's ok though- as long as the camera was out, I put it to good use (you'll see soon enough)

Really good mix of bikes (xrl, dr650, wr, crf a ktm and a couple of drz)

Good mix of ages and personalities...although sarcasm seemed to be over-represented-

Speeds allowed the group to string out nicely...

Trophy- again- very cool of you to loan out a bike to a stranger and thanks for helping with sweep throughout the day...

Pics soon- thanks all!

B) I've never seen anybody pick up a BRP (wbt) so fast :party:

Doing squats at the gym comes in handy :beach:

btw, something doesn't look right in the 1st pic. lol. I'm surprised no one's caught that.

the group at Pine Valley cul-de-sac (psst... it's in Pine Valley)

DSCN3466.jpg

DaJudge on the SDAR trail

DSCN3480.jpg

TrophyHunter and Da Judge at Kwaymii Point (sunrise hiway overlooking DaDesert)

DSCN3485.jpg

WHAT THE? HOW DID THIS? DARN IT

DSCN3479.jpg

the rock house along Old 80... used to be a bath house when Paul was young and rode a KTM

DSCN3484.jpg

extreme trail riding

DSCN3483.jpg

DaJudge coming down trail 1

DSCN3468.jpg

going UP the same rock

DSCN3477.jpg

Trophy trying out the new suspension on his DR

DSCN3495.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

The boys in blue exiting trail 1

DSCN3470.jpg

stupid california rocks\

DSCN3472.jpg

DSCN3475.jpg

DSCN3493.jpg

DSCN3492-1.jpg

DSCN3487.jpg

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3489.jpg

DSCN3488.jpg

Really- other than being 20 degrees cooler, it couldn't have been a nicer day out-

DaJudge coming down trail 1

DSCN3468.jpg

Wow, I almost didn't recognize that rock at that time of day! B)

Thx to BS for organizing this ride and Fakey for the great lead. Some familiar faces and outstanding new one's as well. The Judge commented he got his annual allotment of rocks on this ride as he's used to East Texas red clay.

With the sun barely making it's way up, on the way out from PV.

CIMG1724.jpg

The gaggle making their way.

CIMG1727.jpg

CIMG1726.jpg

Slutrock

CIMG1731.jpg

dajudge

CIMG1732.jpg

Why they're called bash plates.

CIMG1725.jpg

CIMG1733.jpg

CIMG1742.jpg

CIMG1743.jpg

CIMG1744.jpg

BS poppin' outta the water.

CIMG1747.jpg

The only blurry pic all day....of course. The man, the myth, the ..... is somewhere in this pic behind Bob.

CIMG1730.jpg

A great all around ride as mentioned. His Honor is very appreciative and will prolly sleep well tonight.

Looks like you guys had a great day.. Sorry I missed this one.. I think my summer is going to be full of house projects..

:)

;) I've never seen anybody pick up a BRP (wbt) so fast :lol:

That's ok though- as long as the camera was out, I put it to good use (you'll see soon enough)

Really good mix of bikes (xrl, dr650, wr, crf a ktm and a couple of drz)

Good mix of ages and personalities...although sarcasm seemed to be over-represented-

Speeds allowed the group to string out nicely...

Trophy- again- very cool of you to loan out a bike to a stranger and thanks for helping with sweep throughout the day...

Pics soon- thanks all!

;) I've never seen anybody pick up a BRP (wbt) so fast :lol:

Doing squats at the gym comes in handy :)

btw, something doesn't look right in the 1st pic. lol. I'm surprised no one's caught that.

Yea thats a big hand.

Great photos, sorry I missed the ride. I see you all introduced da judge to Southern Kalifornia the right way.

sorry I missed the ride. I see you all introduced da judge to Southern Kalifornia the right way.

+1

Found out late Saturday (after loading the bike and packing my gear) my water heater was giving a good steam clean to my garage. On a high note the BMW has never been this clean.

Finally got around to loading my pictures.....

Cul De Sac

SAM_0296.jpg

in Pine Valley

SAM_0297.jpg

SAM_0298.jpg

SAM_0300.jpg

SAM_0301.jpg

SAM_0302.jpg

Little late on the clicker......had the biggest splash though

SAM_0303.jpg

SAM_0304.jpg

SAM_0305.jpg

was taught that this was to be a vertical shot

SAM_0306.jpg

SAM_0307.jpg

SAM_0308.jpg

VERTICAL

SAM_0310.jpg

Trail 3! Trail3!!

SAM_0311.jpg

SAM_0312.jpg

was taught that this was to be a vertical shot

SAM_0306.jpg

and was that incorrect? Oh, no- the shot looks very good, the rock looks as steep as it is, lots of negative but interesting space in the foreground as well.

Next time, just tilt the camera down a bit (make it plumb) and that will crop out the sky and add more foreground- an even stronger shot.

Excellent, young Padawan- you're learning!

Had a great time, good trails, good people. The soreness is setting in now though.

Here's what I had on my camera.

post-14178-1279598864.jpg

post-14178-1279598929.jpg

post-14178-1279598943.jpg

post-14178-1279598956.jpg

post-14178-1279598968.jpg

post-14178-1279598980.jpg

I'm in for a North County ride in a couple weeks if anyone else is in.

I just got home from the airport, getting ready to unpack.

That ride Sunday morning was great. Y'all are tremendously blessed with wonderful riding areas and some really good (and patient) folks to ride them with. Parts of me are still sore 3 days later.

TrophyHunter - I can't thank you enough Ken for generously loaning me your WR450 and the helmet w/ comm as well as all the other hospitality you showed to me. I hope to someday get the opportunity to return the kindness.

Many thanks to Bikeslut for setting up the ride and taking photos - even if you did post the embarrassing ones Bob.

I also appreciated FakeName, Bikeslut and others building my confidence by sharing with me (it seemed like almost every time we stopped) their stories about someone wiping out and having to be life-flighted off or painfully hauled in the bed of a truck down the particular trail(s) we were about to ride on. ;)

So I guess I am the only one that showed up without a camera... Cool pics guys! The ride was an absolutely blast!!! I have been riding for many years but I had some new and exciting experiences on this ride (specifically the single track trails which were very fun)! I can’t wait to go out again. I do have to admit that my body was pretty pissed at me on Monday as I was pretty sore. I guess that means I need to get out and ride more.

Great group of guys and the smack talk kept it fun...

See you again for sure...

Scott

Good work guys!! :) Very cool of you to set up the ride and loan out a ride also. If you ever get harassed in Tejas, maybe DaJudge will step in and lay down the law? :lol:

Thanks guys for sharing the ride and the photos. I grew up in SoCal, and spent over 30 years their, and that where I learned to ride and race a motorcycle. I now live in Florida, but not many hills. There are a lot of places to ride, especially if you like sugar sand. I'm heading for the Rocky Mountain next Friday, and plan to explore the back roads and trail for the next 6 to 8 weeks. I've spent a fair amount of time in the Rockies and have only scratched the surface. When I visit SoCal, I try to set up a ride or race with my nephew, who lives in Poway. He's with California Fish and game, and really knows some of the neat places to ride in both the mountains and the desert.

Thanks again for Sharing your experiences.