Beta450

Las Vegas trip

I'm going to a Union convention in Las Vegas for 5 days. I don't gamble so I am asking for recommendations on things to do that is legal?

I'm going to a Union convention in Las Vegas for 5 days. I don't gamble so I am asking for recommendations on things to do that is legal?

I'm not a big gambler either. But there are lots of shows and just plain old people watching. Also some riding outside of the city but it might be getting hot soon. I don't know what time hoover dam closes but I found the tour inside the dam to be very interesting.

Are you bringing a Dual Sport? We could do some riding. I am off work by 3pm during the week and off on the weekends.

Have you been to Red Rock, The Dam, Lake Mead, or Valley of Fire?

Are you bringing a Dual Sport? We could do some riding. I am off work by 3pm during the week and off on the weekends.

Check out kayaking in the grand canyon and also check out front sight firearms training!

Go to a gun range and rent a fully automatic rifle, you can spend money quicker that way than at the slots.

Now did I just hear in my head, a small voice? A voice that says "SDAR weekend in Vegas"? I mean, clearly we have a guide...

If you're a gentleman, or a gentle man.........I have heard, there are plenty of gentleman's clubs :o:unsure:

Every time I go to Vegas, I make the drive to Zion for some really cool hiking... Angel's Landing is one of my favorites... Narrows if you have time...

Red Rock...

fact is: I hate Vegas... if it wasn't for the desert, the mountains and the river, it would be even worse

Just not a gambling/girlin'/drinkin' type of person I guess

the Hoover Dam was pretty cool last time i was there...i REALLY enjoyed the inner tour of the Dam, Blind Recommended.

cool 30's art deco inside is SUPER cool, and there's a new bridge being finished over the river...you can see it from the vents on the face of the Dam.

:unsure:...also Circe de Soleil wise i enjoyed "O"...have seen all but the Beatles and Elvis(*next up) and "O" was most impressive(*to ME)

Just not a gambling/girlin'/drinkin' type of person I guess

Yeah, you're better off gamblin' than going to gentlemans' clubs, but they're both a waste of money, in my opinion.

I am fortunate to have a best friend living in Vegas, so we usually go out to eat and go to a local bar for a few beers. All we ever do is talk about motorcycles.

Like Trophyhunter mentioned, if you haven't done it........go to the Stratosphere and do the rides on top........that will get your adrenalin goin'.

Also, the aquarium at Mandalay Bay is pretty cool.

If I go there with my bike, than I ride outside of Vegas as much as possible.......lots of good dirt riding and exploring.

Stop by the Alien Jerky shop on the way out, interesting stuff there...Expensive beef jerky. Get the colon cleaner...that stuff is HOT.

I also recommend zion! It rocks. If you're bringing the DS...Make the ride up Kolob resevoir rd in Virgin utah, plenty of OPEN dirt on the way up, great scenery...and get this, OHV are allowed everywhere in the town. Awesome place.

the Hoover Dam was pretty cool last time i was there...i REALLY enjoyed the inner tour of the Dam, Blind Recommended.

cool 30's art deco inside is SUPER cool, and there's a new bridge being finished over the river...you can see it from the vents on the face of the Dam.

:unsure:...also Circe de Soleil wise i enjoyed "O"...have seen all but the Beatles and Elvis(*next up) and "O" was most impressive(*to ME)

My wife and I went to the Beatles show about a month ago. We both really liked it. We're not gamblers either, but we do like people watching. We got a table at Cabo Wabo right next to the sidewalk and sat there drinking and people watching for hours. I don't recommend their house margaritas though, too sweet, but the beer was flowing like water.

Zion would be at least a 6 hour round trip, not including sightseeing........more like 8 - 10 hours.

But IF you have the time, well worth it.

Zion would be at least a 6 hour round trip, not including sightseeing........more like 8 - 10 hours.

But IF you have the time, well worth it.

I thought it was two hours away... But, yeah; it's not close...

I proposed to my wife in Zion... while we were staying in Vegas... it was worth the drive :o

for me :unsure:

Angel's Landing, and the two way drive WILL take a whole day

I thought it was two hours away... But, yeah; it's not close...

Angel's Landing, and the two way drive WILL take a whole day

From Mapquest..........

Total Travel Estimate: 2 hours 34 minutes / 154.54 miles,

so my ballpark was about right........rounded up to 3 hours, 6 hours round trip......not even enough time to drive thru Zion......so 8 - 10 hours is a good estimate round trip.

No DS on this trip I have to actually attend the convention this time. I will look into the indoor sky diving or the blueman show. Thanks

The indoor skydiving is pretty fun as well...Slightly expensive though..I want to say it was like $120 for 10 minutes of flying and 20 minutes of teaching.

The indoor skydiving is pretty fun as well...Slightly expensive though..I want to say it was like $120 for 10 minutes of flying and 20 minutes of teaching.

Damn. Coulda had a SPOT for that. :)