Kris

Two badly sprained ankles

It`s 10:30 PM and I just got home from the Brawley Hospital. The good news is I did not break anything, the bad news is they are badly sprained and I am in some serious pain. The morphine on the ambulance ride did not even really touch the pain. They took xrays gave me a couple of air casts to imobilize them, told me to ice and elevate them and stay off them as much as possible. I just took a couple of pain pills and am going to try to get some rest. I want to thank everyone for all of the help on my little adventure. Randy, all my info is in the members contact info section. Thanks again.

Kris

Can anyone help get my bike out of the desert. Someone with a truck after it get`s ridden down to a more accessable area in Fish Creek. I appreciate any help and will pay for gas. Get in touch with Randy, He has the keys and coordinates on my GPS.

Here is a clip of my mishap on Fairchild Hill, doesn`t really look like much.

http://www.vholdr.com/video/fairchild-hill-mishap

If Brawley says that, you should be in ICU. Please go get them rechecked. Had a buddy "cleared" by Brawley. "probably a bruised rib" Broken collarbone, broken shoulder blade, 3 broken ribs, lacerated spleen + more. He was in bed for 6 weeks.

Please go to a real hospital.....nice folks but antiquated equipment and probably not the best training.

And if you need anything, please call.

Well that blows!!!

Wha' happen?

Little mishap at the last hard spot after Heart Attack Hill going towards Fish Creek

If Brawley says that, you should be in ICU. Please go get them rechecked. Had a buddy "cleared" by Brawley. "probably a bruised rib" Broken collarbone, broken shoulder blade, 3 broken ribs, lacerated spleen + more. He was in bed for 6 weeks.

Please go to a real hospital.....nice folks but antiquated equipment and probably not the best training.

And if you need anything, please call.

Plus One on this, after going to glamis all my life I have horror stories about that Hospital.

Hey, run over to the fridge and fetch me a beer will ya....... :dance3:

(just trying to lighten mood)

That sucks Kris, hope you're back on the bike again soon........ :dance2:

Both ankles. I picture a large drop then hitting the ground. What kind of boots were you wearing? Hope you don't really have anything broken. Heal quickly.

Hope you make a complete and quick recovery. I can't picture where you might have run into a tough spot unless it was at Fairchild Hill.

I can't picture where you might have run into a tough spot unless it was at Fairchild Hill.

Not everyone has the same skill level. What some find easy others will find challenging. Sometimes sh!t happens!

It was Fairchild hill, and It has changed since I was there last, it is now more difficult than it was before. Hope you heal up quick Kris.

It was Fairchild hill, and It has changed since I was there last, it is now more difficult than it was before.

So, I figured. It's a sticky spot for me too. :unsure:

Hello everyone, still laying here with swollen ankles. I am posting to see if anyone can go out and get my bike. I just talked to Randy and he has the coordinates and my keys. He said has some time off. He will be checking back on the forum a little later.

Kris

I can drive somebody out with my Jeep. Anybody want to ride it out? Or if it's on the east side of Fairchild, I can drive out there and load it onto the back of the Jeep.

I can drive somebody out with my Jeep. Anybody want to ride it out? Or if it's on the east side of Fairchild, I can drive out there and load it onto the back of the Jeep.

That would be great. It is on the east side. Give Randy a call. I`ll pay for your gas.

I can go out today and get it.

Thanks, but I think Randy and I will get it handled.

Bagstr, last time I was there, it looked just like that. There's that tricky part on the right that I stay away from, hehe.

Has Fairchild changed from this??

777799254_SGPMR-L.jpg

Yes, the bolder has been rolled to the left onto that flat spot, you can no longer go to the left of the big bolder. You have to go around it on the right, make a sharp left, and then a sharp right to avoid the big depression. I think Doug may have some pics of it.

How do you guys remember this stuff? I just know I had to, at some point, ride up that and am damn thankful I didn't fall down on it.

Where that boulder is I couldn't tell ya.

Seems that "slot" to the left of the big one gets smaller each time up that hill.

I can see how the left/right action at the bottom could drop enough momentum

to stall a guy half way up the good line.

At a sick level, that is some of what draws us to the wild places. You know the place has changed since your

last visit. The wall collapses in Diablo are a good example.

Yes, the bolder has been rolled to the left onto that flat spot, you can no longer go to the left of the big bolder.

I'm surprised the Jeepers haven't already moved that big boulder