ADV Bum

shaker in NCounty

We felt it strong here in Yuma. 6.9 south of Mexicali. Long one.

Felt really well down here in Clairemont so musta been a decent one.

The 20 folks at my house shook for 20-30 seconds. Got pretty intense in the middle of it & folks started moving away from the windows, etc.

i was out hiking with my daughter, and we were driving the jeep home when my wife called asking if we were okay.. she said it was a minute,minute and a half.....she exaggerates more than i do about my riding skill ;)

but it was long and strong in lake elsinore

I was driving a bumpy stretch in my truck at El Cap. Didn't know anything had happened till I got home. ;)

I was outside, my legs felt wobbly and I could see the earth rolling at different heights when looking in the foreground compared to the backcountry. The horse corrals were making alot of noise too, as they shook and the animals were freakin out. They are not stupid and knew something was not right. Biggest roller I have felt, natively speaking. Never a dull moment....;)

I just heard on the radio that the quake was upgraded to a 7.2. ;)

Like Kelly, I was hiking in a field with the family...it was the BEST place to experience an earthquake...no worries (except the "just hung" artwork we got...Laurie put it up...I KNEW it would be on the ground in pieces)

Felt the rumble, and just rolled with it...it was awesome....

Any body have any damage? We had one picture fall in the house.

We lost some lights in the garage. Four foot fluorescent came down on my bikes in the garage ;) couple ladders fell in the back room of garage and some plants fell off the deck railing. Pretty good shake and roll up here.

Shook the hell outa my place in Sorrento Valley, TV started to go and I had to jump up and grab it.

I was out riding, and the quake happened while I was building. If I hadn't been leaning on a rock I wouldn't have noticed, the ground wasn't shaking, but the small pond had huge waves in it. No damage at the house...We have a hell of a domino effect waiting to happen in our garage...My mom called and said it was about a minute long at my house in El Cajon.

I think this is what is meant by a "domino effect". I am a District Manager for Autozone. This is one of my stores in El Centro after the quake. 2 other of my stores damaged but not as bad as this. Luckily no one hurt. Its gonna be a long week of cleanup.

post-13426-1270443416.jpg

I think this is what is meant by a "domino effect". I am a District Manager for Autozone. This is one of my stores in El Centro after the quake. 2 other of my stores damaged but not as bad as this. Luckily no one hurt. Its gonna be a long week of cleanup.

Yep, but replace that with antique motorcycles and tool racks

Man that sucks! Half off sale at autozone now? :lol:

I was sitting in the trailer out in Ocotillo Wells. They trailer was moving back and forth. We all stood up yelled and acted like we were surfing. GOOD TIMES!

I looked out the trailer window and saw two trucks moving back and forth.

Very cool.

John said the pond water sloshed out on both sides.

i love earthquakes...as long as there are no serious injuries ofcourse...earthquakes almost always lessen the traffic on my work commutes, because of all of the whinners who run out of the state. no problem if you are scared go ahead and move back to tornado alley or the east coast hurricane zones orthe great white frozen north.

do people not know that earthquakes can happen in ANY area of the world. in cali we get them often, but they release energy and lessen the "big one" in somewhere like the east coast if and when they get one it will probably be a "big one" and they are not built for that or prepared for that.

i will gladly stay here and deal with the shakers :lol:

where would i go that is better?

i think a jumbo jet crash has killed more people than a cali earth quake has in the past 20 years. i would bet more people die every year in car crashes than have died in all of calis history of earth quakes....i will take my chances ;)

felt a good crack this morning as well around 4:am according to the us geological web site it was only a 2.6 but it was centered right here in the estates :lol:

Just had another small one around 9:15 tonight...vibrated the couch. Anyone else feel it?

yup...a 4.6 apparently..felt in Mission Hills

almost "expecting" them now...weird :unsure: felt one(5.1) this morning @ 6:33ish.

Blind B)...felt 3 in 2 days. Mother Earth shakes a little now and then. :blink:

I was getting undressed after a ride in the motorhome out in OW.........it was really windy and my first thought was....."Holy Crap that wind is really blowing now"!

Then I thought.......did one of the kids grab the hydraulic lever for the leveling jacks.........are the jacks buckling under the motorhome......

Looked outside and noticed all the trucks, trailers and motorhomes were rocking like mine. One of the guys in camp was under his truck trying to hook a bungy cord to the underside of his truck. Very funny to see him try about 4 times and couldn't get it hooked cause his truck would roll with the earth.