KTMrad

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna Sponsored SDAR Ride

Date has been set for a club ride in the Desert for April 18th.

Ride will be limited to 40 or 50 riders. NO entry fees. GPS tracks will be provided.

Meet and staging at Stagecoach Trails RV Park, Highway S2, Shelter Valley, south of 78.

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna will sponsor the ride. Former Pro-Racer Scott Harden of Husqvarna plans on attending.

DETAILS:

Details......meet at Stagecoach Trails RV Park at 7:30am Sunday April 18th.

Riders meeting at 8am, all riders out on the trail by 8:30am.

Lunch in Borrego Springs at your choice of Carlee's or the Taco Shop across the street (on corner of Christmas Circle).

www.stagecoachtrails.com

7878 Great Southern Overland Stage Route

Julian, CA 92036

(760) 765-3765

$3.00 parking fee at Stagecoach Trails....if you need to use their facilities, they want people to pay for that also.

Don't know how many riders, since there's no way to track who is going to show up from Moto Forza and GP Motorcycles. I'm guessing 40 to 50 riders.....hope not more, could be less.

GPS Tracks will be provided.....if you want GPS ahead of time, please PM me your e-mail addresses and I'll e-mail them to you on Saturday night. OR, for people not on the site, please use the contact e-mail or phone number in the Contacts on the Main Page, so I can get you the tracks ahead of time.

Route will be the same, or similar to Day 2 of Desert Dash.

90 miles maximum to gas, with an emergency gas detour to the Blu Inn for gas (then about 55 miles maximum). OR, may have all riders go to the Blu Inn and alter the route slightly so it's different than the Desert Dash.

We will break up into groups, depending on number of riders who show up. May need on the spot volunteers with GPS's to be leaders of different groups.

This ride can be done by a novice, but it's not an easy ride for a novice, will be challenging in places/sections. Sand and rocks in places.

Finish at Stagecoach Trails. Total ride about 120 miles.

Hope that answers it all.

Tentative Date has been set for a club ride in the Desert for April 18th.

Ride will be limited to 40 or 50 riders. NO entry fees. GPS tracks will be provided.

Looking into possible starting points:

Butterfield Ranch or Stagecoach Trails

GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna will sponsor the ride. Former Pro-Racer Scott Harden of Husqvarna plans on attending.

More details to come.

"GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna will sponsor the ride"........means?.......they will provide lunch/gas/T-shirts? Just curious.

"GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna will sponsor the ride"........means?.......they will provide lunch/T-shirts? Just curious.

Details are being worked out..........something may be provided.

Would like to have shirts made, so would need a design..........calling Strega ?? If we need to pay for shirts, we'll have them made and will sell them at cost.

Would like about 10 guys to help..........I'm thinking about split up into 5 groups, with one group leader and one sweep rider per group. Any volunteers ?

Also, anyone who can't ride, but has a 4x4 pickup truck......would be nice to have one on standby or as backup in case we need it.

Would like people to post if they want to go so we can get a head count.

Route will be similar to Day 2 of Desert Dash.

I was at MotoForza today and Balz mentioned something about this.. Sounds pretty cool. Hopefully the weather will be cooperative. I'm in.

"GP Motorcycles & Husqvarna will sponsor the ride"........means?.......they will provide lunch/T-shirts? Just curious.

Details are being worked out..........something may be provided.

Would like to have shirts made, so would need a design..........calling Strega ?? If we need to pay for shirts, we'll have them made and will sell them at cost.

Would like about 10 guys to help..........I'm thinking about split up into 5 groups, with one group leader and one sweep rider per group. Any volunteers ?

Would like people to post if they want to go so we can get a head count.

Route will be similar to Day 2 of Desert Dash.

I'll help lead/sweep.

Also, anyone who can't ride, but has a 4x4 pickup truck......would be nice to have one on standby or as backup in case we need it. Anyone want to volunteer ?

I would like to go on this ride, I missed the Desert Dash. Please keep me updated.

I know the day 2 route and can lead or sweep, anything to help GP and Randy.

I'll ride sweep... take pictures... man a bottled water station... whatever you need

have tools; will travel

Also, anyone who can't ride, but has a 4x4 pickup truck......would be nice to have one on standby or as backup in case we need it. Anyone want to volunteer ?

I don't have a 4x4 B) but have driven support for rides before and loved it..I'll drive or could ride shot gun... just need a truck... :lazy: .

Not that I CAN'T ride....but I'm not fast/good enough to ride sweep, but happy to help with whatever you need...admin, registration, preride set up, post ride clean up, support truck, make coffee, make brownies, water bottle station....etc etc.

I'd like to try and make this ride. Just got a new radiator to replace yet another cracked one. :lazy:

I don't have a 4x4 B) but have driven support for rides before and loved it..I'll drive or could ride shot gun... just need a truck... :lazy: .

Not that I CAN'T ride....but I'm not fast/good enough to ride sweep, but happy to help with whatever you need...admin, registration, preride set up, post ride clean up, support truck, make coffee, make brownies, water bottle station....etc etc.

I have a truck you can borrow.

Also You could get a new 09 Husqvarna TE 250 (I just got one) for $4399 plus $425 shipping. You can also get a lowering link for the suspension. Nice light bike and handles very well.

could I do this ride without a GPS?

Sure....we'll make sure each group leader has a GPS.

how much sand? No sand, I'm in. Little sand, still in...

It's the desert........lots of sand.

OK Wil- somebody is gonna say it so it might as well be me...

Suck it up, Buttercup...learn to embrace the fact that the desert has sand...read all the tips that guys have posted. Some people that used to hate sand, love it once they figure it out. Mountain bike guys never really have to deal with it, so we are the worst...hard pack, jumps, rock gardens? Fine, but bike trails don't ride in deep sand... Join the ride; it'll be good for your develpment, and even help your downhilling

I used to hate sand.........took me years to figure it out.

Now, it's like "What sand ?"

when in doubt throttle out,,,,,,ever ride a jet ski,,,,sand is like riding on water, lean/sit back , stay on top and carve.

man i really need a DS machine................ i dont want to miss this one!!! thanks for posting

Suck it up, Buttercup...learn to embrace the fact that the desert has sand...

This advice from the guy that asks me "How much sand" every time I post a ride... :)B):lol:

Does anybody have an 18 inch paddle for my 650? B)

I'm in if I can ride some sand prior to this ride.