Joliet

Mickey's Search and facebook thread

I was just interviewed by Sherri Palmeri of Channel 6 news regarding Mickey's disappearance and this Sat.'s search........she'll edit a ~15 minute on camera interview down to a ~1 minute segment on tonight’s newscast.......great to see the media get involved/get the word out......hopefully someone will see the newscast and recall seeing Mickey that weekend or (?)

Received an e-mail from the station that the segment on Mickey/search will run at 10pm (probably within the first 10 minutes of newscast)

I was just interviewed by Sherri Palmeri of Channel 6 news regarding Mickey's disappearance and this Sat.'s search........she'll edit a ~15 minute on camera interview down to a ~1 minute segment on tonight’s newscast.......great to see the media get involved/get the word out......hopefully someone will see the newscast and recall seeing Mickey that weekend or (?)

Received an e-mail from the station that the segment on Mickey/search will run at 10pm (probably within the first 10 minutes of newscast)

Channel 6 has posting up on their website: http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/...0_IRWyieBQ.cspx

Channel 6 has posting up on their website: http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/story/...0_IRWyieBQ.cspx

More media coverage/exposure for Mickey.....just got off the phone with Fakename (who else would call me at 5:30 am? :lol::wub: ).......Paul utilized his network of contacts/friends and NBC news is now on board (thanks Paul :ph34r: )......spoke with morning beat reporter moments ago.........on camera interview set up at my office at 9am.......more coverage for tomorrow's search......

2 Meter Radio Communication

Any advice on the best way to use our radios without causing excess chatter?

Should all be on one frequency or organized in another manner.

I for one, will practice setting different frequencies to memory today.

LEOs and Park Rangers, I suspect will be on other bands.

Volunteers –

If anyone has a pop-up canopy they can bring to the parking area that would be helpful……..also bring more water than you personally need………An easel to pin a map on would be a real find/asset for planning purposes…….I’d like to post a LARGE/detailed/Topo map of the area (anyone have one?) and place markers on areas where previous searches have been conducted and where we’ll focusing our efforts, etc……

Thanks

Chris i have a large 12'x20' pop up canopy i could get to you to bring out there.

More media coverage/exposure for Mickey.....just got off the phone with Fakename (who else would call me at 5:30 am? :o:lol: ).......Paul utilized his network of contacts/friends and NBC news is now on board (thanks Paul :rolleyes: )......spoke with morning beat reporter moments ago.........on camera interview set up at my office at 9am.......more coverage for tomorrow's search......

Just finished chat with Monica Dean from NBC 7/39 - Tune into San Diego Channel 7 at 4pm

Chris and everyone else... I think it's awesome how much you are doing for this cause

you rock

I still have Zoot's Canopy in my garage, I could bring it, I'm sure he won't mind :rolleyes:

I just talked to Ken (Joilet) and I'll make sure he has some tables, chairs, canopies, cooler full of ice, anything else he needs. I am going to try to make it as well but still uncertain.

My Saturday plans feel through, so I'll be out there hopefully by 9am. In case I'm late, is there an established freq or repeater I could monitor?

-Greg

In the last 3 hours I’ve been interviewed by NBC, ABC, FOX and a couple of newspapers…….every station will have something running today…..the media frenzy/fire is now underway and that’s GREAT news for the Perucca Family :lol:

See some of you tomorrow (Thanks in advance for your help!) :rolleyes:

I can hike for hours on end so I'll be there for the foot crew.

There will be a test, as in Hiking from 10AM till 5PM.

See you on the foot paths.

Group #1 will consist of off road equipped and experienced bike riders/jeeps. That group will head over to Pinyon Rd./S2 and follow Pinyon Rd. to the area where the jeep was found near the bottom of “The Drop” (N33 02.963 W116 17.957). That group will canvas Pinyon Rd. in it’s entirety with special emphasis on the area between the Jeep waypoint and the blanket waypoint (N33 03.875 W116 17.239). That group will also canvass the main Fish Creek wash….

Please post if you are planning on bike riding in Group #1

Group #1 will consist of off road equipped and experienced bike riders/jeeps. That group will head over to Pinyon Rd./S2 and follow Pinyon Rd. to the area where the jeep was found near the bottom of “The Drop” (N33 02.963 W116 17.957). That group will canvas Pinyon Rd. in it’s entirety with special emphasis on the area between the Jeep waypoint and the blanket waypoint (N33 03.875 W116 17.239). That group will also canvass the main Fish Creek wash….

Please post if you are planning on bike riding in Group #1

Todd I'll be there with my jeep and three empty seats. I don't hike to well anymore.

I'll be there, probably a little early. Anything else you need? Anyone want a ride? Leaving Ramona 7-7:30 ish & have plenty of room.

Lot’s of media interviews today………the outpouring of volunteers and the media frenzy is a bit overwhelming though I welcome ALL of it……......I really have no idea how many people will be showing up tomorrow or how we will utilize ALL of them, move them, shuttle them...........but we'll figure it out.......just driving home from work I wound up doing another news station interview on my cell (KUSI), another newspaper interview (I don’t even remember which one)..... then pulled over and talked to Moe Dubois for a while (he tracked down my cell number)........what a great/kind gesture to reach out and share experiences learned in looking for his daughter this past year......Moe brought up things I never even thought of (like the lack of bathrooms at the chosen meeting place………whoops :lol::lol: )........I guess folks will shuttle over to stagecoach campground or (?) for rest room needs......

Moe will assist in the admin side of things….

1) Volunteer Registration

2) Mapping for team searches

3) Briefing & Debriefing of teams

We also have some very high power resources coming in that are experienced in SAR operations…….therefore I’m NOT married to my 3 large group, and associated sub groups, plan……we’ll look over the maps in the morning and come up with the best approach after consulting with our subject matter experts.........

Please bring more water than you need…….more snacks than you need………a camelback, a GPS (if you have one), whistle, radio (if you have one), sun block, etc.……..one person can be e-mailed all active tracks and we can create a big reference file…..

Hoping some folks coordinated with Joliet on tables/Pop up canopies, a few chairs

I think one of the biggest obstacles tomorrow will be the logistics of trying to park/move volunteers into the hiking areas since ground zero is very remote if approached from Pinyon Wash or Harper Canyon/flat

See ya in the morning

Lot’s of media interviews today………the outpouring of volunteers and the media frenzy is a bit overwhelming though I welcome ALL of it……......I really have no idea how many people will be showing up tomorrow or how we will utilize ALL of them, move them, shuttle them...........but we'll figure it out.......just driving home from work I wound up doing another news station interview on my cell (KUSI), another newspaper interview (I don’t even remember which one)..... then pulled over and talked to Moe Dubois for a while (he tracked down my cell number)........what a great/kind gesture to reach out and share experiences learned in looking for his daughter this past year......Moe brought up things I never even thought of (like the lack of bathrooms at the chosen meeting place………whoops :lol::lol: )........I guess folks will shuttle over to stagecoach campground or (?) for rest room needs......

Moe will assist in the admin side of things….

1) Volunteer Registration

2) Mapping for team searches

3) Briefing & Debriefing of teams

We also have some very high power resources coming in that are experienced in SAR operations…….therefore I’m NOT married to my 3 large group, and associated sub groups, plan……we’ll look over the maps in the morning and come up with the best approach after consulting with our subject matter experts.........

Please bring more water than you need…….more snacks than you need………a camelback, a GPS (if you have one), whistle, radio (if you have one), sun block, etc.……..one person can be e-mailed all active tracks and we can create a big reference file…..

Hoping some folks coordinated with Joliet on tables/Pop up canopies, a few chairs

I think one of the biggest obstacles tomorrow will be the logistics of trying to park/move volunteers into the hiking areas since ground zero is very remote if approached from Pinyon Wash or Harper Canyon/flat

See ya in the morning

I have a couple of card files, enough registration cards for 350 people, 100 ink pens, 2 easy up shades, 2 tables, 10 chairs, 4 cases of water, a 4' x 8' sheet of cardboard for maps, and my personal stuff loaded in the truck ready to go. I will be leaving San Diego about 6:30 and heading out to Scissors Crossing.

It sure would be nice to round up a couple of porta potties somewhere. Any Ideas?

Todd I'll be there with my jeep and three empty seats. I don't hike to well anymore.

Maybe I'll ride with you. B)

I won't get there in time. Just as I was heading out the door, my stupid cat blew chunks all over my desk, wall and carpeting. Will be cleaning up here for a while. B)

Good luck everyone and stay safe. Thanks for doing this for Micky and his family. I wish I could be there.

Chris, we hiked up section 3 from the north to the south. The only thing of interest we found were some arrows "foot dragged" into the sand. We found 3 of these all ponted down stream of the wash. steve

Here they are with their lat/lon.

815089889_eRy9n-L.jpg

815089906_3hMQJ-L.jpg