TrophyHunter

Border Ride...Sunday.....IT'S ON!...

Did a tiny bit'o research on the tunnel- it's on the route the train museum takes to Tecate (why I didn't think of this, I'll never understand) but there's an interesting image :

tecate39.jpg

From a train ride report here.

Not only that WOW Huell Howser rode the train for a trip back to the US from a segment shot in Tecate. Do you know the Huell Howser drinking game? You take a shot every time Huell says WOW or refers to the cameraman" hey Louie, can you get a shot of this?".

lol I like Huell's style - fun to watch that curious man

FN's photodocumentary begs questions as to where the line really is, when this U.S. to Mexico train was active and how passengers get back into the U.S.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/1998/ma.../ticket-tecate/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZNKhT_YvpQ

don't worry about gas just bring a hose I will have 6 gallons in my tank, and by the way is it really day-light savings tonight?

It's good to see that i am not the only gas-tank on wheels going, lol.

Not going to be able to make this ride, you guys have a good time!

Can't pass up a chance at the water crossing, I'm in for the first half of the adventure.

Have to bail out at barett, my kid wants to go to the zoo!

Meet you guys @ 9:30

I'm going to meet you all at 9:30 down at the gas station on the 905. What station will I be looking for? I am coming from Temecula and will be riding a DR650. See you there.

I'm going to meet you all at 9:30 down at the gas station on the 905. What station will I be looking for? I am coming from Temecula and will be riding a DR650. See you there.

1st - you get the distance award!

Should be Pilot gas station. 905 & Piper Ranch Road. It's right on the corner.

Sorry to see a few folks drop off but glad to have two more!

Should be a great day for a ride!

Remember your $5 if you're taking the 125.

What time approx. do you think you will be at Barratt junction? I need to be back to chula vista by 12:45

Not gonna be able to make it, the one guy that can cover for me at work is gonna be out Mtn Bikin today, and I'm 'on call'. I'll have to catch you guys next time.

Forgot to print out directions, this is the earliest i have been up in a long time on a sunday!! See everyone soon!

I'm in! On my deathwings. Again. I really need to change my front tire....

I'll see the whole freakin chatpage at starbucks!

I'll be bringing a tube and tire tools. I figure it's the least I can do because I'm not that self sufficient. I'm also feeling I'll be up for kernan to PV...Unless I have to do something. But for now, Sleep.

Not gonna be able to make it, the one guy that can cover for me at work is gonna be out Mtn Bikin today, and I'm 'on call'. I'll have to catch you guys next time.

Sorry to hear it.

Great ride guys!

Who (screenname) was riding with me and fakename back to Rancho? Good group of guys for street riding, nice fast pace.

Great ride guys!

Who (screenname) was riding with me and fakename back to Rancho? Good group of guys for street riding, nice fast pace.

That would be me senior, RJ. Your will right? that was a very fun ride back. i def need new tires now.

thanks so much for the ride and especially to everyone who helped pick up my gargantuan bike and help me get through the rougher sections! i had a great time and am going to practice on a smaller/lighter bike with the right tires, and when i can afford it, pick up a used CRF or DRZ so i can hopefully fall less and be able to pick up my own bike more...now for some intoxication for me, and some combination of gorilla glue and duct tape for my bike... :lol:

post-13823-1268633405.jpg

post-13823-1268633413.jpg

post-13823-1268633417.jpg

post-13823-1268633421.jpg

post-13823-1268633426.jpg

post-13823-1268633430.jpg

post-13823-1268633434.jpg