teebes

Another Newb - Hi!

Hi Folks...

Finally got around to joining and I'm already getting spammed from a 'BikeSlut' :) lol. I've been riding for a number of years on the street, only dirt for the past couple 'desert' seasons. I'm pretty addicted to offroad exploration scene, whether in my truck or DRZ. Currently reside in PB and can usually be heard putting around on my DRZ.

On the the bikes... Here's an older pic of my two toys. The DRZ is a SM, currently dressed up for winter ala 606's. The list of mods keeps growing and growing, so I'll save those for an upcoming rainy day (argh, enough rain) post or my profile.

01 - yz250f

06 - drz400sm w/ dirt shoes

IMG_2819.jpg

D'oh, here's a more recent pics of my lil baby:

P1020448.jpg

P1020449.jpg

Looking forward to hitting some trails and roads with everyone!!! :unsure:

Hi Folks...

Finally got around to joining and I'm already getting spammed from a 'BikeSlut' :P lol. I've been riding for a number of years on the street, only dirt for the past couple 'desert' seasons. I'm pretty addicted to offroad exploration scene, whether in my truck or DRZ. Currently reside in PB and can usually be heard putting around on my DRZ.

On the the bikes... Here's an older pic of my two toys. The DRZ is a SM, currently dressed up for winter ala 606's. The list of mods keeps growing and growing, so I'll save those for an upcoming rainy day (argh, enough rain) post or my profile.

01 - yz250f

06 - drz400sm w/ dirt shoes

IMG_2819.jpg

D'oh, here's a more recent pics of my lil baby:

P1020448.jpg

P1020449.jpg

Looking forward to hitting some trails and roads with everyone!!! :)

Is that a Red-Bull can on your engine in the last picture??? :unsure: Oh ya, welcome......... :)

black DRZs are the best... followed by '01 Yamaha 250s... :-)

I have not yet begun to spam!

Welcome to the club

Welcome aboard.. bikeslut really is harmless.. He's just a little "special" :unsure:

I think I met you briefly at Stars in Ramona on Sunday?

Maybe not.

Either way...welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard.. bikeslut really is harmless.. He's just a little "special" :unsure:

A "Little" special, LITTLE? Anyway welcome and what IS up with the red bull?

Thanks all.. Hmm, a few DRZers in the house, cool!

The redbull can was acting as catch can, but mostly an epic fail. You know, trying to save a little weight here and there. In my mind it makes me soo much faster - ha :blink:

We're all special here at SDAR. :blink:

Yeah some are just more "special" than others... But we love him anyway.. :lol:

You'll fit in just fine as long as you keep all your riding gear and bikes black. :blink:

Welcome Teebes!

Good to have another DRZ'r.

But.... geeez, you guys and your black............. :blink:

Welcome Teebes!

Good to have another DRZ'r.

But.... geeez, you guys and your black............. :lol:

it's slimming :blink:

My teachers said I was special.The specialest in the class too.

Welcome.

Black rules.

Welcome Teebes, Nice looking bike. Black is the second best color for a bike.

Welcome Teebes, Nice looking bike. Black is the second best color for a bike.

True, Dark Black is first.

Welcome! Hope to see you on a ride. Nice looking DRZ...

Eh? Dark black? Isn't that like dividing by zero or something?

Since no one's said the basic three;

Don't Ride like bikeslut

Don't sing like fakename

Don't crash like....well...all of us.

Being a newbie also I can't vouch for any of these guys, they sound harmless but maybe that's just some alien mind meld ruse? They want to get us out into the wilderness and take over our minds? or our bikes? That's why we are safe riding DRZ's - who want's those? (well, at least mine, your's looks 'nice')

welcome, I"m looking forward to seeing all the upgrades, even the red bull can, Hail

Being a newbie also I can't vouch for any of these guys, they sound harmless but maybe that's just some alien mind meld ruse? They want to get us out into the wilderness and take over our minds? or our bikes? That's why we are safe riding DRZ's - who want's those? (well, at least mine, your's looks 'nice')

welcome, I"m looking forward to seeing all the upgrades, even the red bull can, Hail

Like wise, I might head out tomorrow to Mccain or CC to meet some folks.

Although, I ran into a snag w/ the DRZ today. Trying to install a GPR (sitting around on my sportbike) and think I was given the wrong 'kit' - specifically mentioned SM too, arrgh. Basically, the arm on the GPR is to short to reach the thingamajig that mounts to the frame.

No- you're ok.

The thingamajig that comes up from the frame is a press-fit in a collar and can be extended. Just remove it from the thingamajig holder and it should be apparent. Tap the collar up or down to extend the thingamajig.

Eh? Dark black? Isn't that like dividing by zero or something?

Ah. Actually this is an excellent time to introduce the club to the Zone System. This was the standard by which black-and-white darkroom printing was done. Spent a LOT of time in the darkroom back in the day.

Here's the scale:

zonescale.png

Now, I'd call Zone 1 black, but it's not black without detail like Zone 0. Zone 0 is dark black.

No- you're ok.

The thingamajig that comes up from the frame is a press-fit in a collar and can be extended. Just remove it from the thingamajig holder and it should be apparent. Tap the collar up or down to extend the thingamajig.

The arm coming out from the stabilizer doesn't reach 'beyond' the pin enough. It's short by just a wee bit. Almost seems like the bar clamps are 180* off, but they're offset and the mounting holes for the the top clamp are then out of whack. Seems like the wrong parts. Arrgh.

Pics will do a better job of explaining:

P1020468.jpg

No- you're ok.

The arm coming out from the stabilizer doesn't reach 'beyond' the pin enough. It's short by just a wee bit. Almost seems like the bar clamps are 180* off, but they're offset and the mounting holes for the the top clamp are then out of whack. Seems like the wrong parts. Arrgh.

Pics will do a better job of explaining:

(img removed, up above still)

After a couple Pacifico's and quite a bit of staring, I figured it out. Somehow the washer that should be under the steering stem nut found it's way under the triple tree causing it not to sit flush and properly seat. It's still a bit tight, but at least now the pin fits in the arm - Id10T error :lol:

In other news, I have a working stabilizer now - yay :lazy: