bikeslut

ready ramps

I use one and it's awesome. I've used it for the street bike, dirt bikes, and securing loads that were longer than the bed when I needed the tailgate down. I haven't regretted spending the extra money for it.

http://www.readyramp.com/full.size.truck.600.lbs.rated.ramps

post-122-1267318330.jpg

ramp and bed extender

Kinda pricey but looks good

those are pretty cool, but if you drive a "real" truck you dont need a bed extender.... :o my wife says the bigger the truck the smaller the....shall we say "noodle"

dang it why did i buy that new chevy 2500 hd 8' bed x-cab :(

I have 1 but only use it as a ramp cuz I have a 8ft bed. I can ride up it with my Harley, its sturdy. It folds up nice and compact but at the price I keep it locked in the bed. Im one of those people that pullover when I see a bike broke down and give them a ride to the gas station or if I am going the same direction a lift home so my truck is always got tiedowns in it too. Any brand bike.

Your wife is quite correct...I drive a compact truck, with short bed, and had it lowered

post-122-1267318330.jpg

ramp and bed extender

those are pretty cool, but if you drive a "real" truck you dont need a bed extender.... :o my wife says the bigger the truck the smaller the....shall we say "noodle"

Your wife is quite correct...I drive a compact truck, with short bed, and had it lowered

post-122-1267318330.jpg

ramp and bed extender

those are pretty cool, but if you drive a "real" truck you dont need a bed extender.... :drinks: my wife says the bigger the truck the smaller the....shall we say "noodle"

in stead of your screen name "bikeslut" maybe you should change you name to "donkeydong" or something?? :bye:

I haven't regretted spending the extra money......

Me neither......cost difference between a short bed and a long bed was ~$300 when I bought my last two trucks......both longbeds :drinks::bye:

Strega/Snaildarter both have those extender things on their trucks.......pretty sure they're both happy with'em.....

Sadly my girly truck came with a 6' bed as the longest option, so I have to rely on assets to extend the length :drinks::bye:

ezramp1.jpg

ezramp2.jpg

It really comes in handy with 2 or more bikes, but even with 1 bike in the back, I prefer the ready ramp. It folds and fits inside the cab to secure it, doesn't take much room in the garage, and provides a better loading/unloading angle due to the extra length. The fact that it doubles as a bed extender is icing on the cake.

Sadly my girly truck came with a 6' bed as the longest option, so I have to rely on assets to extend the length :unsure::lol:

Strap on? :ph34r:

These 4 door trucks with the shorty beds make a lot of sense when you are using it as a daily driver. It is much easier to park in the lot of the grocery store when it doesn’t need two parking spaces. If it is your only cage and you are not on a farm or in construction the shorty maybe the best thing for you. I have the long bed in my F350 diesel but it is not my daily driver. Oh and I like that ramp. :lol:

Ya don't need that ramp if you steal Joliet's patented design, and a couple boards with tips :unsure: I like the Joliet design, cuz it actually snugs the tailgate up against the rear tire.

link03.jpg

Other pics:

http://stregalicious.com/moto/misc/link01.jpg

http://stregalicious.com/moto/misc/link02.jpg

http://stregalicious.com/moto/misc/link04.jpg

Now that is a darn good idea.. Have to stop by the hardware store on my way home.

Strega- I have boards with tips now, but they are wearing out AND they're lame... As for raising the tailgate, I do the same thing with my bed now...I move the cables up to the top pin

I think I'm going with the readyramp...just as soon as I get the baja designs radio stuff squared away

Next? Sell the drz and xrl and get a plated wr450 to go with my little girls bike that I like so much

Next? Sell the drz and xrl and get a plated wr450 to go with my little girls bike that I like so much

I don't think the orange Kool-Aid is taking with this one. Up the dosage, stat!

I use one and it's awesome. I've used it for the street bike, dirt bikes, and securing loads that were longer than the bed when I needed the tailgate down. I haven't regretted spending the extra money for it.

Ditto. Use mine for my Harley,(1500 lb. cap.)

I have to admit- for some reason my gut says no KTM..husky yes...aprilia, no...husaberg yes...I don't know why, but I'm not going to fight it

As far as the ready ramp-it has been ordered (er.backordered)

I don't think the orange Kool-Aid is taking with this one. Up the dosage, stat!

Now that is a darn good idea.. Have to stop by the hardware store on my way home.

Wait 'til he post pics of his velcro/snap ring rear tire stabilizers.

I def like the ramp angle on the ready ramp. I wouldn't use it as a bed extender much but it looks like a good idea for those that would.

I have to admit- for some reason my gut says no KTM..husky yes...aprilia, no...husaberg yes...I don't know why, but I'm not going to fight it

And Beta?

Rated 600lbs that gets my bike in,but not my fat ass on it , and I'm not 7'6" to push it up there.

Bike stand as a step, throttle right up the ramp as you step up...easy peasy lemon squeezy

Unless you smashed your foot, and try to ride up it and your back tired steps out DAMHIK

But- to ease your mind...my bike and me together don't weigh 600 pounds

Roger- beta is on the "no" list right now...not sure why...I think I have STP about these sorts of things

None of the husabergs come with a plate still right?

And readyramps are awesome, I inherited this long solid metal one when I bought my first dirt bike and it sucks and doesnt fold but I could not convince the wife to let me buy a new one. Of course being truckless right now I don't need one either

Jason- sell the solid one (or gift it), so when you get another truck, you can get the ramp you want with it

Really; what is $300 added to a $40,000 truck? Easy sell...

I have a ready ramp I use on my 2007 Tacoma short bed. It works great for one bike, but if I load two bikes, the rear tires hang out past the end of the tailgate and I can't use it as a bed extender. I just fold it up and put it in the bed then. When I load one bike, I just kick the back tire over a little and it works fine. They are kinda pricey, but I watched craigslist for a few months and one came for $100 and I jumped on it.

They MUST be good...Mine has been on order over a month...they are still waitng for them to come in

141_0502_20z%20Kawasaki_And_Suzuki%20Rear_View_In_The_Oakley_Truck.jpg

Who needs a bed extender? I saw this thing driving around in Newport Beach last week.

Did you order from this place?: Discount Ramps When I shopped around when I got mine, they had the best prices. Even got my lift from them.

I have had mine a while (3-4 years) and gets abused quite a bit. The little rubber tips have already fallen off and I think one of the plastic end caps is gone too, but I still use it.

They MUST be good...Mine has been on order over a month...they are still waitng for them to come in