starpal2

new but ready to ride

Hey i thought i would introduce myself:

i live in del cerro

i am 19 years old

i go to school at grossmont because its cheaper then sdsu

i am also a mechanic at a shop in mission valley

i have been in S.D. for 10 years

my dad used to be a "desert rat" when he was young but gave up riding after we moved to indiana

he got back into it and allowed me to finally get into it as well (good story i might tell some time)

i am the oldest of 8 kids

we have 8 bikes (3 are mine) and a small quad

the important stuff, my bikes: i have a 2007 aprilia rxv 450(street legal), a 2002 yz250f bored out to 290cc with hotcams and more and last but certainly not least an 86' yz490

my dad owns a 2007 aprilia rxv 550(not street legal and yes we got them together), a yz426f with lots of goodies and a drz400 that is street legal.

the rest of the bikes: 1998 klx300, a honda knockoff 110 pit bike, and our little 70cc honda knockoff quad

i am also a frequent visiter at thumpertalk and apriliaforums under the same screen name

Welcome man, Theres always different rides on here so dont be shy do jump in one. Dont worry about your age either cause im 15 by the way.

.......my bikes: i have a 2007 aprilia rxv 450(street legal), a 2002 yz250f bored out to 290cc with hotcams and more and last but certainly not least an 86' yz490.......

Sweet stable for a young man (heck, sweet stable for ANYONE/ANY age) .....well done <_<:good:

I think "Pasta Pilot" is our only other Aprilia owner on SDAR (at the moment)

Look forward to seeing you and your dad out on the trail(s)......

welcome to the site...busy place your house must be....8 kids, 8 bikes.. <_< ..See you out there sometime..

Welcome aboard Amigo!

Keep your bike on the trail and we'll get along fine here <_<

:good:

Have you been able to get it put back together?

Jon

Welcome aboard Amigo!

Jon

ha ha ha yea i might try that this time ( loosing a bike over the edge and getting a ride back with the border patrol then comming back and winching it out isnt something i feel like experiencing all that often) http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192086 yea its back together and running but GP is having to look into a very weird electrical problem to make the display and lights work.

Welcome to the group.

i am also a mechanic at a shop in mission valley What Shop ?

my dad used to be a "desert rat" when he was young but gave up riding after we moved to indiana

more and last but certainly not least an 86' yz490 I'm one of the local vintage guys here, your dad sound old enough to have had a Hodaka maybe one time. I also have a 87' yz250, have you though about any post vintage MX?

Welcome aboard Amigo!

Jon

ha ha ha yea i might try that this time ( loosing a bike over the edge and getting a ride back with the border patrol then comming back and winching it out isnt something i feel like experiencing all that often) http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192086 yea its back together and running but GP is having to look into a very weird electrical problem to make the display and lights work.

was that YOU? Nice introduction! Welcome to the club... even if you CAN'T keep your bike on the trail, we'll get along fine here

DAMHIK :lol:

Welcome aboard.. There are a lot of us newbies here lately..

Yes that was me and i usually keep bikes right side up.(cheaper that way) also in answer to some questions i work at mission valley foreign auto service

and i would love to get into racing vintage included. one of the cool things about my 86 yz490 is that my dad had one of that same year back when he frequented the desert.

-Anthony (my real name)

Welcome to the group!

Don't sing like Fakename

Don't ride like Bikeslut

Don't crash like me

Follow those simple guidelines and you'll fit right in!! :ph34r:

Hey i thought i would introduce myself:

i live in del cerro

i am 19 years old

i go to school at grossmont because its cheaper then sdsu

i am also a mechanic at a shop in mission valley

i have been in S.D. for 10 years

he got back into it and allowed me to finally get into it as well (good story i might tell some time)

i am the oldest of 8 kids

we have 8 bikes (3 are mine) and a small quad

the important stuff, my bikes: i have a 2007 aprilia rxv 450(street legal), a 2002 yz250f bored out to 290cc with hotcams and more and last but certainly not least an 86' yz490

my dad owns a 2007 aprilia rxv 550(not street legal and yes we got them together), a yz426f with lots of goodies and a drz400 that is street legal.

the rest of the bikes: 1998 klx300, a honda knockoff 110 pit bike, and our little 70cc honda knockoff quad

i am also a frequent visiter at thumpertalk and apriliaforums under the same screen name

Welcome, I am new to the site . I plan on going on my first ride with some of the members this Saturday, hope to kick-up some dust with someday.