Crawdaddy

A Terrible Weekend with Crawdaddy and Strega

FYI I have averaged 55mpg with my WRR

Oh, then maybe my fuel programmer is set up fine? :good: ......though I'll still fiddle with it.....I only want to be rich enough to be efficient......kind of dissappointing :unsure: ........I expected no less than ~55-60mph since the mfg advertised range is 71mpg (stock).......good thing we both have Rotopax tanks to carry along.......because I'd imagine I'll only get mid 40's when I ride this bike aggressively.....

I've gotten 55 pretty much all the time. Oddly enough. That's the number I hear from most the guys on ADV etc. I've heard bikes are tuned to run lean from the factory for emissions so maybe thats how you get the mileage plus the stock tires being lower rolling resistance. At least with a total of 4 gallons of fuel even at 40-50mpg i have plenty of range with fuel to spare

Rode the little Yami to work today because I was curious to see what the MPG would be if I used the bike as a mellow "commuter scooter" riding nothing but pavement. <_<

Net result was better than expected: ~80 miles/~1.2 gallons = ~67mpg B)

So Crawdaddy, what kind of range did you get with your stock tank?

I put in 1.8 gallons when we finished the second half of the Red Rock loop and I had ~93 miles on my GPS.........sooooo 93/1.8 = 51.666666666666 (My tank is 1.9 gallons so I was cutting it pretty close.......thought I'd be getting more like ~50mpg so I didn’t bring a fuel bottle on day one......)

Mileage was the same yesterday on Mojave Rd......tire spinning I guess.......I was caring a 1 quart fuel bottle this time........we went ~117 miles between fuel stops doing some exploring and I put in ~2.25(?) gallons so 117/2.2 = 52

I need to dial in my fuel programmer......I think I'm running rich.......

I ruin my commute mileage (if 55mpg is ruining it) by doing 75 or so on the freeway keeping it under 70 gained me 5mpg almost on average (58 vs 53m average still overall has been 55 on the nose)

I'll see if I can make it up there. ... My wife isn't much for supporting the cause. :o Do we know exactly how much lodging is going to be?? For me, that may be the deciding factor. Also, if I'm able to attend, Is there someone that has some extra space on a toy hauler that could strap my DR650 on?

There'll be plenty o space & depending on plans, it may be on my truck (or trailer if need be). If memory serves, rooms are about $20-25 a night and cheap eats. Load the bike on a truck, drive with the wife & let her have some "away from home time" too. Still trying to get Laura to take her daughter and run into Vegas for some fun during the day.

If she had someone (with daughter....like your wife) to go with.....?

There'll be plenty o space & depending on plans, it may be on my truck (or trailer if need be). If memory serves, rooms are about $20-25 a night and cheap eats. Load the bike on a truck, drive with the wife & let her have some "away from home time" too. Still trying to get Laura to take her daughter and run into Vegas for some fun during the day.

If she had someone (with daughter....like your wife) to go with.....?

Rooms may be significantly more since we'll be there on a Friday & Sat. Night

I've got my wife working on a deal for us. I'll post up as soon as get some news.

I will cancel if we get a group deal, but I wanted to secure something, just booked at Buffalo Bills through Expedia for $54/night...no cancellation fees if canceled prior to a day or two before...

Out of the three resorts which one will the " ride headquarters " ?

Out of the three resorts which one will the " ride headquarters " ?

Stay tuned.....let's see what Tracy's wife can work in terms of a group rate/and/or discount.......

I'll be riding some of the "Terrible Loop" in reverse this Sat as part of LA-B-V........I'm becoming quite familiar with that area <_<;)

She is going to work on it today. She has never dealt with Primm before (they always send us free stuff) so hopefully she can work something out. I figure perks are good thing as well as cheap rooms :)

We're guessing 10 rooms is where they will start cutting deals so for now we'll start there. Once she gets some info we can do a roll call and see where we end up.

She is going to work on it today. She has never dealt with Primm before (they always send us free stuff) so hopefully she can work something out. I figure perks are good thing as well as cheap rooms :)

We're guessing 10 rooms is where they will start cutting deals so for now we'll start there. Once she gets some info we can do a roll call and see where we end up.

The count at present is about 35 guys that said they are 'in'. If that helps.

She is going to work on it today. She has never dealt with Primm before (they always send us free stuff) so hopefully she can work something out. I figure perks are good thing as well as cheap rooms B)

That does Rodger, thanks. Sounds like it could be more like 20 rooms eh? Some of us are bringing our ladies. :)

She is going to work on it today. She has never dealt with Primm before (they always send us free stuff) so hopefully she can work something out. I figure perks are good thing as well as cheap rooms B)

That does Rodger, thanks. Sounds like it could be more like 20 rooms eh? Some of us are bringing our ladies. :)

Could start with 20, sure. B)

You can count me in for a room!

Any update on this?.......we're only ~6 weeks out......

Is it best just to leave the bikes in the truck after the rides? Throw a cable lock through the frame/wheels and figure they'll be left alone?

I know having an enclosed trailer is the safest option, but what have others done in the past when that's not an option?

Is it best just to leave the bikes in the truck after the rides? Throw a cable lock through the frame/wheels and figure they'll be left alone?

I know having an enclosed trailer is the safest option, but what have others done in the past when that's not an option?

That's what Aaron and I did a few weeks ago.......we just left the bikes in the truck on Friday night and put the bikes back up in the truck after the ride on Sat afternoon.....with a cable lock....

Any update on this?.......we're only ~6 weeks out......

She was able to get Buffalo Bills for $50 a night, which isnt a huge savings but depending on how many rooms we get she may be able to get some other perks such as a trip through the buffet. Whiskey Petes was only $2 less so I suggest we go with Bills. Its a tad nicer and on the same side of the road as the stores.

I'll get some more details tonight when I get home.

wife is going to be in Boston so I have a free pass. Will get a room myself unless someone else needs to split. Is anyone going to have extra truck space to possibly bring another bike? Since selling the truck I will need to find a lift to get my bike out there but can drive the Jetta out to get myself and gear there.

wife is going to be in Boston so I have a free pass. Will get a room myself unless someone else needs to split. Is anyone going to have extra truck space to possibly bring another bike? Since selling the truck I will need to find a lift to get my bike out there but can drive the Jetta out to get myself and gear there.

I'm sure there will be many carpooling options as the weekend draws closer. Someone will have room for sure!

I want to see photos of these rocks! This is not going to be a trials run is it?

As you probably know, the LA-B-V ride generally goes through Red Rock Canyon every year.......there are a few photos of "the rocks" in this this post:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.ph...mp;postcount=92

We'll be traveling across Red Rock in the opposite direction (downhill through the washout)......the rocks are a NON ISSUE......you'll get to the other other end at Lovell Canyon Rd. and say, "That was it?.....where was the hard part?" :)

No Sweat (in either direction)

I'll see if I can make it up there. ... My wife isn't much for supporting the cause. :) Do we know exactly how much lodging is going to be?? For me, that may be the deciding factor. Also, if I'm able to attend, Is there someone that has some extra space on a toy hauler that could strap my DR650 on?

Here's an idea, stop groveling........be a man, pull your pants back up, and tell her you're going :o:P:D (I'm adding you to the list on the first page :lol: )

Ride is FREE......Rooms will be ~$30/pp/night based on double occupancy.....