I will be at Superstition with the family, probably get there Tuesday or Wednesday and stay until Saturday. We usually camp west of Wheeler road between mile marker 3 and 3.5, all the way at the edge of the dry lake bed. Come on by and say hi if you're out there.

I will be at Superstition as well :rolleyes:

I will arrive Wednesday afternoon/Night and leave Sunday night or Monday AM after the No Whimps 250

I wouldn't mind tagging along! Where is this..Superstition, everybody talking about?

Gotta get some seat time in the sand first though.

Well, Superstition is actually a very large area near Ocotillo and Plaster City...but extends North a long way, as well as East. You'll want coordinates or goog directions to meet a group out there...my cell works there too

8 east to dunaway road, north, then East on Evan Hewes...Left on Huff, then Left on the second Wheeler road...dirt road that goes on forever...so get good directions if you plan on meeting the guys

I'll be working, unless it rains, then I'll call in sick and take Julie up to Christi's Duffyland racetrack for a day. :rolleyes:

Christi, did you ever get the PM I sent back to you about the group thingy at said track?

my choices are narrowed to Ocotillo Wells for few days OR perhaps dinner Thursday at friends UP North High desert and then Big Bear Friday/Sat, (never rode the southeast area...how is that Blind????) I've always riden North of the Lake and arrowhead/pinnacles areas.

maybe Johnson valley which is close by that SE area...etc....

depends on the weather I'd say...and where the wind takes me...but riding will be part of the 4 day off work weekend for sure... Got to LOVE the holidays.....B):rolleyes::lol:B)

I'll be working, unless it rains, then I'll call in sick and take Julie up to Christi's Duffyland racetrack for a day. :rolleyes:

Christi, did you ever get the PM I sent back to you about the group thingy at said track?

Yeah, Didn't I reply? Sorry. I meant to. Track day will be the day of the first rain for sure! Watch those weather reports. I only get excited when it says 80% chance of rain. You guys can come anytime!

... then Big Bear Friday/Sat, (never rode the southeast area...how is that Blind????) I've always riden North of the Lake and arrowhead/pinnacles areas.

maybe Johnson valley which is close by that SE area...etc....

all i know is there's a bunch of open space...went truck trailing last year, felt like i let my bike down by not taking it up there...so this year going to remedy that!!

even just a cool DS route around the area sounds more fun than most anything the group can throw at me...30 people 1 cabin...ahhhh the holidays. :rolleyes:

but i hope to do some more research as time comes closer...i am def going to be up there, and trucking the bike in bro-in-law's ride...so we'll see!

Blind :lol:..poss throwing the idea of taking the whole week of T-day off...but i think that might be TOO much family time(*or poss pretend to be working...hmmm, Pala day??)

My family (wife and 17 yr old) is planning on coming out to Superstition Wed-Sun. We'd be happy to join someone's RV ring and support a Pot Luck on Thursday. We've never cooked or eaten a turkey in the desert so we'd prefer to camp next to someome who has!

My family (wife and 17 yr old) is planning on coming out to Superstition Wed-Sun. We'd be happy to join someone's RV ring and support a Pot Luck on Thursday. We've never cooked or eaten a turkey in the desert so we'd prefer to camp next to someome who has!

You are welcome to join our family/group. I'll be deep frying a turkey, good stuff and plenty to go around. Should be my family, possibly one other family and three singles.

Should be my family, possibly one other family and three singles.

would that be laddies :unsure:

Like 'em in kilts, do ya? <running and ducking>

Should be my family, possibly one other family and three singles.

would that be laddies :unsure:

Like 'em in kilts, do ya? <running and ducking>

One lady, the others may be laddies. My daughter will be bringing her bagpipes so kilts are optional.

Planning to go back to Isibella and ride southern sierras. will be camping out in the luxery tent by the river . plan on riding mill, just outstanding. trail 38, rincon, and cannell (weather permitting) . probely run dh mtb one day. anyone interested in camping and riding let me know I do have room in my truck for transport.

Well my plans are constantly changing but so far here it is:

Thanksgiving day- Ocotillo Wells on the Honda probably. Up for suggestions.

Friday- Some girls are meeting up at Elsinore. No membership for month of November supposedly.

Saturday and/or Sunday--?? Mimi?

I don't feel like going all the way to Superstitions.

I'll be at Superstition for the day on Saturday with the family. I'm hoping to meet other dual sport riders for future rides. Let me know if I can stop by anyone's camp to introduce myself.

I'm heading out to the Truckhaven/Salton City area on Friday for the weekend to camp and ride with family and friends.

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

My plans include: High Desert Dinner on Thursday..... Then hoping to explore Big Bear East. Friday and/or Saturday......Cactus flats, Rattlesnake Canyon, maybe venture down into Johnson Valley OHV..looking at maps, routes now..Hi temp 50, low 15, so don't want to get lost and be out after dark for sure (liner might go on this ride).

Blind-...let me know what your riding schedule is if you'd like to try to meet up....,we should be right in your area one of those days.....

I prefer the street legal only routes to avoid the crowds/quads/rhinos, but if you are in the OHV with family perhaps we can stop by or meet up..as far as DS goes Looks like you can get to some cool routes from the OHV area North and South ends...

Holcomb valley across highway 18 to the Northwest of cactus flats is kind of neat to explore....but street legal only over there.....D

I was informed tonight that "we'll" be heading up to Sac-ra-Ghetto for my aunts 100th B-Day party the prior weekend.......then "we'll" be flying home and driving over to Bull Head City so "we" can celebrate Thanksgiving "together" at Kathy's sister's house.....so, no hall pass for me since I skipped out early last year for LA-B-V.........hmmmmm......I'm thinking I might have her drop me off on the way over so I can just ride Mojave Rd. into Bull Head City.......might be a tough sell but worth a try <_<;):)

Loading up truck tomorrow morning with the dualsported CRF230F and WR250R.......BullHead City, AZ. for T-Day feast......maybe a bit of exploring in the Bullhead area on Friday and ~30 mile "Kathy Loop" over to Oatman (easy dirt ;) )......then I'll ride up to Sandy Valley on Sat. morning (via Mojave Rd. and a bit of exploring to Primm - then Primm to Sandy via "Terrible Track")....I'll join the LA-B-V crowd in Sandy Valley and ride over to Lost Wages via "Reverse Terrible" through Red Rock Canyon.......riding back down to Bullhead on Sunday morning......hope to get in a bit of exploring on the way back to Bullhead if I have time.....

Happy Turkey Day to all.....

reports for T-Day 2009 from Blind....

sick..since Monday :bad: :lazy: :)

family went to Big Bear, where my kids saw their first snow...pretty bummed i missed that.

Blind...still wrecked, but functioning

Just got back from a few days out at Superstition. Conditions were pretty good, got a bit of wind last night and today but it wasn't too oppressive. The crowd seemed a bit less than usual, no complaints from me about that. Got in some good family/friend rides and a few "big boy" rides too. This will be the last chance I have to ride this desert riding season so I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Special thanks go out to fakename for the loaner TW200. It did everything as advertised. I re-valved your rear shock for ya. :)