In just Two Minutes you can help stop the proposed closure of 1000 miles of trails which are vital for recreation as well as the local economy in the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest. Please ACT NOW there only a few days left to get your comments in by the 9/14/09 deadline

The Forest Service states "Need not determined" as the reason they must close most of the trails. Yet they lead to vistas, scenic byways, secluded lakes, creeks and primitive camping. None of these trails have been proven to affect water quality, habitats, or plants. However unless more people speak up in favor of preserving these great trails it is likely they will be lost forever.

Please ACT NOW comments are due before 9/14/2009. Click below and create your letter in just Two Minutes to the Humboldt National Forest to help keep trails open by using predrafted or your comments.

http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=40

Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs.

~Thanks your friends at Save The Trails

This campaign is supported by Sierra Trail Dogs, Save The Trails, Stewards of the Sierra National Forest, Recreation Outdoors Coalition, Sierra Access Coalition, CORVA, National Off Road Association and others

I clicked on the send letter button, and I got an error message.......anyone else get the error ?

Done. I've actually ridden there twice in the past year and would hate to have those trails closed.

Done, but I think the biggest hit on their economy would be because it would be harder to harvest their crops. B)

I just spent 2 full days in L.A. as a member of the MARINE LIFE PROTECTION ACT and i,m a stakeholder in that dog and pony show. I filled out the information and sent a letter.

done yesterday, and forwarded to others...we have to keep out voice out there, hopefully someone will listen :unsure: !..I have actually gotten form letter responses back from senators, and the gov via email...so at least they are acknowledging that we sent something....I would have loved to make that tea party a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't a good weekend to take off to sacramento....