SDlineman

What I learned at the track today.

I had a blast riding Pala today. Only rode for a couple of hours, but it was enough to make me tired and sore. I don't have any pics, but I learned a lot today, and decided to make a list, so here it is;

1. Chicks on dirt bikes are HOT

2. Slow people like me can ride a track pretty easily without getting in the way of the fast people

3. There are few feelings better than flying through the air and landing where you are supposed to (there is a small tabletop in the NE corner of the vet track that I managed to pull off pretty good about 3/4 of the times that I tried)

4. Panic revs work pretty well

5. Landing in the middle of a big tabletop isn't too bad, but 3/4 of the way bottoms the suspension out pretty bad, and hurts your wrists.

6. Hammer seems like a nice guy in person.

7. Tracks are fun.

This is about the best thing you learned B)

But with that said, where are the picutres B)

glad you had fun, Jeff! Sounds like you'll be going back! Make it a Friday, and I'll try to join you!

I hear that!

Sounds like a birthday well spent. I'd be up for a friday. At least I'd give you someone to lap repeatedly.

Sounds like a birthday well spent. I'd be up for a friday. At least I'd give you someone to lap repeatedly.

Folks, I'm confident he does not mean it THAT way. Ken's Uncle Sigmund has been giving him an awfully hard time lately. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Maybe it's the juxtaposition of the girlie photo.

Even with my "recovering Vice Detective" mind, I can't follow where FN's going. But hey, everyone here would ride a track faster than me so.......

(of water) to wash against or beat upon (something) with a light, slapping or splashing sound: Waves lapped the shoreline.

2. to take in (liquid) with the tongue; lick in: to lap water from a bowl.

–verb (used without object)

3. to wash or move in small waves with a light, slapping or splashing sound: The water lapped gently against the mooring.

4. to take up liquid with the tongue; lick up a liquid.

–noun

5. the act of lapping liquid.

6. the lapping of water against something.

7. the sound of this: the quiet lap of the sea on the rocks.

8. something lapped up, as liquid food for dogs.

—Verb phrase

9. lap up,

a. Informal. to receive enthusiastically: The audience lapped up his monologue.

b. to take in (all of a liquid) with the tongue; drink up: The cat lapped up her milk and looked for more.

2. Slow people like me can ride a track pretty easily without getting in the way of the fast people

7. Tracks are fun.

My exact thoughts Jeff. Glad you stayed safe and had fun.

The track is a great place to build and refine the offroad skills. I'm looking forward to getting out there again.

Can you take a heavy under powered 250cc dual sport on the track or will I likely destroy my suspension (hey then I get upgrades approved by the wife lol)

Can you take a heavy under powered 250cc dual sport on the track or will I likely destroy my suspension (hey then I get upgrades approved by the wife lol)

You can take it on most vet tracks... just roll the jumps until you figure out how it will react. Tabletops are pretty forgiving, as long as you don't over jump them.

i would remove at least the turn signals... and make sure sidestand switches are disabled

I took an absolut whale of a 650cc bike to Amago. You're puny 250 should be fine. I stayed on the Vet track and rode the peewee track the most. It was fun but an XRL is NOT a track bike.

I was asked to REMOVE my kickstand when I took my Dual Sported YZ400 to Barona years ago.......that was the only required modification that I can remember......

I'll post again when I plan on heading out, and try for a Friday. I'd also like to ride Amago again one day, although they close at 5:00, so it would have to a weekend probably. I still like the idea of a SDAR track day too. Maybe even a monthly thing or something.

I still like the idea of a SDAR track day too.

Yeah, a club track day and maybe a barbecue. :rolleyes: