socalhodaka

Back in the game with new ride

After selling my 02 DRZ and 1964 Datsun NL320 Sport Truck I was able to catch up on a couple bills. The Datsun was rare and the last time I drove it was 7 years ago and just happened to see a ad on Craigslist here in San Diego from someone looking for my truck. Ok time for new bike. Sorry for the large photos. I look forward to meeting more of you on some rides. Kelly

DSCN4908.jpg

DSCN4907.jpg

DSCN4906.jpg

DSCN4905.jpg

$2500 plus this Rickman less the engine, I had already took it out and is in another bike

DSCN2167.jpg

you know, when a guy named hodaka buys a KTM :ph34r:

NOTHING is sacred!!!

Looks nice... take off the duct tape before you ride anza borrego :blink:

Looks like a great new bike. Just needs a skidplate. What size tank is on there?

Hey, another 520 - Congrats Kelly

Another Vintage sellout. It's getting lonely out here.

I guess Kelley is not old enough. My friend Gawin in Page who owns a Honda dealership wants to buy my 87 XL600 for his daily rider. That's a Vintage Guy!

:ph34r:

Come over to the dark side of contemporary, Zenosan.

You're welcome here. Wide power bands, fantastic brakes, reliability, plush suspension awaits.

Another Vintage sellout. It's getting lonely out here. :ph34r:

What are you talking about Don, I just picked up a semi-vintage scooter.

Nice looking ride Kelly, hope you enjoy it.

You're welcome here. Wide power bands, fantastic brakes, reliability, plush suspension awaits.

I thought I already had all that. Also, being old and vertically challenged my feet can still touch the ground. Try sitting on one of my XL seats next time you see me - you will be pleasantly surprised. Chris's son tried out my 78 XL in Page and was in Cheek Heaven after his brutal ride from Mesquite.

He commented that he now knows why I sit down so much when I ride.

You would LOVE a TW200. I'm almost ready to sell my bike for one.

Maybe not.

I remember when my bike looked like that- same handguards, all clean and unbeaten. Didn't take me long to turbo-farkle and bash it against hard sharp surfaces repeatedly.

How about a close-up of the blinkers?- They look very nice.

I will always have vintage in my blood. My collection is starting to pay off when I need it, I more then doubled my money on that Rickman and will still sell the guy the proper motor that goes in that bike when he is ready for it. No need to keep this one that I used in trade

DSCN2167.jpg

When I still have this one.

DSCN2185.jpg

You can see the top of the old Datsun back on the left.

I will always have vintage in my blood. My collection is starting to pay off when I need it, I more then doubled my money on that Rickman and will still sell the guy the proper motor that goes in that bike when he is ready for it. No need to keep this one that I used in trade

DSCN2167.jpg

When I still have this one.

DSCN2185.jpg

You can see the top of the old Datsun back on the left.

"racer clam " would be proud!

Nice Ride, BTW... Wecome to the world of orange.

BC

Hey Brent, thanks for answering some of my questions about the KTM's a couple weeks ago. I know you would of like to see me on a new 08 and that would of been awesome and I was close to dropping the hammer on one, then the fact I was able to utilize my bait for trade helped out. I can't wait to ride it up to your shop and say hello.

sounds like a good deal...good looking orange. :)

Beautiful Rickman. I had a chance to buy a Rickman Zundapp all in one piece for 50 bucks years ago. I wish that I had.

Gee that 520 KTM bike looks familiar. I sense a 520 club developing and a 520 ride upcoming.

Beezzz

(new '02 520 member)