tntmo

I finally broke down and bought orange

No, not a KTM! I bought a custom orange painted 1984 Honda CH125 Elite scooter. The guy I got it from couldn't figure out an electrical problem that had no power going to anything, I gave him some money and loaded it up. After installing the missing master fuse and putting some fuel in the tank it started up. Needs a bit of tuning but I think I can handle it.

Bring on the big MPG numbers!

I'd own a scooter too, if it could haul a dirt bike or pull a boat. <_<

No, not a KTM! I bought a custom orange painted 1984 Honda CH125 Elite scooter. The guy I got it from couldn't figure out an electrical problem that had no power going to anything, I gave him some money and loaded it up. After installing the missing master fuse and putting some fuel in the tank it started up. Needs a bit of tuning but I think I can handle it.

Bring on the big MPG numbers!

I started out on a Cushman motor scooter back in 1956.

Where's your photo Tom?

Need picture of newly aquired scooter and be sure to add to signature area. B)

I had a 50cc kymco 2 stroke in Norway it was Red so obviously way fast

Super9_Red.jpg

Actually a lot of fun around town and easy to ride. The 125cc 2t should do higher speeds than my 50 but my 50 was limited to 35mph otherwise I needed a norwegian motorcycle endorsement. Had I had my M1 I would have gotten something bigger or a real motorcycle I think.

Semi off topic have you guys seen the Aprilia Mana 850?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/25november0...amana850_p1.htm

If I am honest with myself something like this would probably be the ultimate commuter bike, CVT/Semi auto trans/real bike motor/real bike handling/and luggage space? Just needs some wind protection and a comfy seat

my TW gets 80 mpg, AND can ride most trails. Its not some ridiculous color B) and when loaned out, costs nothing to own, and actually cleans itself (and no hairballs) it replaces its own tubes and grips, changes its own oil and filters...

Really; it is the best bike ever... We'll see how it does on Redonda Ridge

Ball peen hammer

Here it is in all it's glory. Cleaned the carb, changed the oil and replaced a few cracked rubber lines. She runs pretty good, got it up to just under 50mph. Everything works except for the front brake (cable needs to be replaced) and the trick retractable headlight. I dare anyone not to have fun on one of these things.

DSCF0842.jpg

DSCF0843.jpg

DSCF0844.jpg

The guy I got it from couldn't figure out an electrical problem that had no power going to anything, I gave him some money and loaded it up. After installing the missing master fuse and putting some fuel in the tank it started up.

B)B) Congrats

Riding scooters is like riding your cousin,,Both fun to ride till somebody catches ya B)B)

UMM CUZIN? B) I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE

I meant to say Female cuz,, your sister. B)

Dang! You got shocks, pegs... lucky!

You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Napolian Dinamite, Wait,, what thread are we on HI- JAK OFF

Napolian Dinamite, Wait,, what thread are we on HI- JAK OFF

reminds me of the movie " The Legend of Billie Jean"

"Fair is Fair!!"

Sweet scooter Christian Slater would approve!

Welcome to the Scooter Set.

You made off like a bandit, that bike is worth $750 to $1000 in good running condition.

Please join my riding group and join us for a weekend ride.

We have a regular ride on the first Saturday of the month.

Here is a link: http://www.meetup.com/sd-scooters/

Picture1064.jpg

Here are my Elite's

picturechris300-1.jpg

picturechris165.jpg

Welcome to the Scooter Set.

You made off like a bandit, that bike is worth $750 to $1000 in good running condition.

Please join my riding group and join us for a weekend ride.

We have a regular ride on the first Saturday of the month.

I'll check it out. I have a trunk just like that one in the last picture but some of the mounting brackets are missing so I'm hunting them down. My wife just rode it and now I think it's hers? I bought it for my daughter to ride to school but I might have to buy another one now.

These things are pretty neat, a liquid cooled four stroke motor, digital dash, hideaway headlight (that dosesn't work), twist and go! After paying the overdue registration I'm at $500 into this thing so I think I did okay.

I had a Yamaha Zuma 50cc 2stroke for several years, and it was just SO MUCH FUN!!! B) They are great, fun, economical!!! Congratulations!!!

B)

Here it is in all it's glory. I dare anyone not to have fun on one of these things.

DSCF0842.jpg

Darn Chief, you would actually be seen on one of those? :ph34r: Man I guess the Navy really did change under Bill Clinton. Well I guess I won’t ask and you will not have to tell. :blink:

Darn Chief, you would actually be seen on one of those? :ph34r: Man I guess the Navy really did change under Bill Clinton. Well I guess I won’t ask and you will not have to tell. :blink:

I'm secure enough in my manhood to ride a scooter. I was cruising around on it today with shorts and flip flops wearing a bicycle helmet, felt like I was in Hawaii.

I found some knobby tires online and might take it up Kernan once I get them mounted.

I'm secure enough in my manhood to ride a scooter. I was cruising around on it today with shorts and flip flops wearing a bicycle helmet, felt like I was in Hawaii.

I found some knobby tires online and might take it up Kernan once I get them mounted.

call me... I'll bring the camera

:)

[i'm secure enough in my manhood to ride a scooter. I was cruising around on it today with shorts and flip flops wearing a bicycle helmet, felt like I was in Hawaii.

Actually the scooter scares me and the Doctor says I must overcome my fears. That darn one of yours is starting to look good. I sure hope there are none on CL tonight. I got my tax return and the wife is gone. :)

Here is a video from last month's scooter ride

In a prior job I had to deal a lot with the Hells Angels and the Mongols on a personal level and it was ok, I could deal with that. But the guys in this video frighten me. :)