Finally got my photo's up...yeah I know, I'm a slacker. I'm usually right on top of pics but I got lazy.

ALL PICS HERE

Joliet and Crawdaddy: (Friday)

desertdash2009.jpg

desertdash20094.jpg

desertdash20097.jpg

The NY Crew:

desertdash200910.jpg

Almost got proof his bike fell over...

desertdash200912.jpg

Oh....HELLO:

desertdash200914.jpg

Sunday:

desertdash200923.jpg

Sunday:

desertdash200933.jpg

Ordered a TrailTech kickstand kit after watching my bike tumble again this weekend.....really irks me that KTM doesn't make a decent kickstand for their high dollar bikes.....WTF? :ph34r: .....you shouldn't have to hunt for a rock to prop your bike up everytime you stop.......ordered the kit because if I simply bought the longer kickstand/replacement bolt I'd still be stuck with the LAME OEM mount/bracket.....it's crap.....I've broken/bent 3 of'em between my 400 and 520....

PS: Thanks for posting pics :P:P

Ordered a TrailTech kickstand kit after watching my bike tumble again this weekend.....really irks me that KTM doesn't make a decent kickstand for their high dollar bikes.....WTF? :lol: .....you shouldn't have to hunt for a rock to prop your bike up everytime you stop.......ordered the kit because if I simply bought the longer kickstand/replacement bolt I'd still be stuck with the LAME OEM mount/bracket.....it's crap.....I've broken/bent 3 of'em between my 400 and 520....

I broke three on my KTM EXC 400

Ordered a TrailTech kickstand kit after watching my bike tumble again this weekend.....really irks me that KTM doesn't make a decent kickstand for their high dollar bikes.....WTF? :lol: .....you shouldn't have to hunt for a rock to prop your bike up everytime you stop.......ordered the kit because if I simply bought the longer kickstand/replacement bolt I'd still be stuck with the LAME OEM mount/bracket.....it's crap.....I've broken/bent 3 of'em between my 400 and 520....

I broke three kickstands on my KTM 400 EXC before spending $100 on a TrailTech stand. Makes you wonder how a company who charges a lot for a high end product could mess up something so basic year after year.

I broke three kickstands on my KTM 400 EXC before spending $100 on a TrailTech stand. Makes you wonder how a company who charges a lot for a high end product could mess up something so basic year after year.

What the heck are you guys doing to your kickstands to break them so much???

They're only meant for balancing your bikes!!!

I do have to admit, the tiny foot and steep angle makes parking challenging (try to find a rock to prop it up on, etc.). You also have to remember to put them into the little "bungee" when they're up - that stops the stand from flopping around while riding and tweaking the mount.

It's a little pricier, but I think spaugh has the Pro Moto Billet kickstand. That's the one I think I'd buy if I were to replace my stocker!

why does the kickstand on my expensive race bike suck? :lol:

I know someone who isn't on this forum anymore who would have a field day with this!! :lol:

why does the kickstand on my expensive race bike suck? :lol:

Maybe we should spend more time riding and less time "kickstanding"!!!!

Or like the SDAR guys say "shut up and ride!!!"

By the way - great pictures Roger

Usually they break because people stand on the bike to kickstart it.

People like me.

Usually the bolt breaks- it's designed that way, but sometimes the tab breaks, too.

Usually they break because people stand on the bike to kickstart it.

People like me.

Usually the bolt breaks- it's designed that way, but sometimes the tab breaks, too.

I am guilty. But I have an excuse-no magic button.

It's a little pricier, but I think spaugh has the Pro Moto Billet kickstand. That's the one I think I'd buy if I were to replace my stocker!

Thought about buying the flashy/big dollar "Spaugh-Stand".......it definitely "looks" flashier.......but Fred seems happy with his Trailtech unit and I know from prior experiences that they're pretty good about backing up their products.....

Spaugh and tntmo are also correct regarding this lame/field day "KTM issue"......and I'd agree with all the negative comments someone is probably tossing out towards KTM in this particular instance.......heading out and buying aftermarket pipes, jetting, etc. is a common expense across the board regardless of bike mfg........but a kickstand :lol2: ......F'n ridiculous.....it's sooooo lame that it is kinda funny as well.... :good: :fool:.....though I'd rather drop a C-note on something else.....that part isn't too funny to me or my pocket book. :lol::lol:

Thought about buying the flashy/big dollar "Spaugh-Stand".......it definitely "looks" flashier.......but Fred seems happy with his Trailtech unit and I know from prior experiences that they're pretty good about backing up their products.....

Spaugh and tntmo are also correct regarding this lame/field day "KTM issue"......and I'd agree with all the negative comments someone is probably tossing out towards KTM in this particular instance.......heading out and buying aftermarket pipes, jetting, etc. is a common expense across the board regardless of bike mfg........but a kickstand :lol2: ......F'n ridiculous.....it's sooooo lame that it is kinda funny as well.... :good: :fool:.....though I'd rather drop a C-note on something else.....that part isn't too funny to me or my pocket book. :lol::lol:

This is not a new problem with dirt bikes Chris. The weakest defect on all my Huskys from the 70's is the kick stand. They at least put a wide foot on them but they have the minimum strength to hold up the bike. I have welded and rewelded the tabs on most of them. The Honda is much sturdier which is the reason I am guilty of standing on them to kick start them once in a while-especially the XL600.

Of course I am just a dainty little guy too. ;)

I'm pretty bad about using the stand to kick start the bike too, soon enough I imagine I'll be looking for a replacement.

;) the spaugh stand.

I broke the stocker after 2 rides, the pos just fell off while I was riding in a wash. The "spaugh-stand" is stout, but they raised the price. And I still managed to break it. Pro moto sent me the broken parts for free without any hastle though. I hear lots of people like the one you ordered c-diddy. Alse heard their stuff is made in china.

I've removed mine for the races at this point.

I think Brad is right... race ready out of the box doesn't include a kickstand (If I understood you right)... a nice robust stand just adds weight... they give you the lightest option, and you can upgrade as you see fit, based on the "triangle"

light/strong/cheap... pick any TWO

If it makes you guys feel any better, and it probably wont, my brand new Husky has the same issue. It's 2" too short. Seems to me with all of the things they need to figure out to make a bike that the kickstand wouldnt be the part that stumps them.

If it makes you guys feel any better, and it probably wont, my brand new Husky has the same issue. It's 2" too short. Seems to me with all of the things they need to figure out to make a bike that the kickstand wouldnt be the part that stumps them.

I seem to recall a TE610 that fell over on a dirt road due to a broken/faulty/poorly designed kickstand. It was even repaired twice with no luck. I didn't know KTM had such issues with their kickers, but I do know, Aprilia not only makes a really good looking kickstand it really works and it's very light.

I seem to recall a TE610 that fell over on a dirt road due to a broken/faulty/poorly designed kickstand. It was even repaired twice with no luck. I didn't know KTM had such issues with their kickers, but I do know, Aprilia not only makes a really good looking kickstand it really works and it's very light.

I wouldn't bet too much on it.

:lol: