bluefin2na

OGIO FLIGHT VEST

I have been in contact with OGIO about the flightvest they make. As of this time, they only come in black, many of us have the vest, i,m asking a question to members here ,

would you buy this vest in HIGH VIS colors rather then the black?

thanks for the input

I've seen one made in KTM colors. Check out these fine young gentlemen:

That's Erick and FJCruizin (Steve). I can ask where he bought his if you're curious.

stregaspics3.jpg

I want a vest like the OGIO, however i need it to be high vis, I like to be seen or at least think I am.

even with tape would be Okay, however high vis is what i need to well,,, its a mental thing i guess

I have been in contact with OGIO about the flightvest they make. As of this time, they only come in black, many of us have the vest, i,m asking a question to members here ,

thanks for the input

Don't even suggest this to Roger! :ph34r:

I have the KTM ogio vest. Bought it new/used. I do not ride a ktm, but I did want the high visability.

I'd rather have it in ANY color other than black (it gets HOT), and if I used it for the street, definitely hi-vis makes sense... military base required I think.

Last time I tried to order one from the KTM hard parts catalog, they were no longer being made. This was a couple of years ago. You may be able to find one in a KTM shop on the shelf somewhere. Get a bright colored helmet or put a strobe on it, and don't' sweat the vest color. BTW where I ride, black shows up pretty well in the daytime, has anyone seen Roger? :ph34r:

I'd rather have it in ANY color other than black (it gets HOT), and if I used it for the street, definitely hi-vis makes sense... military base required I think.

Black is beautiful.

I've got a black one and my buddy Dave has a KTM one. I don't really think the KTM one is all that more visible on the trail, it's mostly black anyways. I notice his helmet (which is mostly orange - guess what he rides??) waaaaaay before I notice the vest.

I don't wear mine on the road (unless I'm Pyroing to the dirt) so Hi-Vis isn't attractive to me. But I would love the vest in a lighter (cooler) color. The black shows the dirt so easily, I mean c'mon people. It's filthy. :ph34r:

Maybe in . . .

RED!!!!!!

thanks for the input

I would definitely buy one in Hi-Vis if it were available!

Being military, I have to wear one of those Hi-Vis vests when I ride street. That pretty much precludes me from wearing my Ogio Flight Vest when there's much street involved in a ride (It's too bulky to put my Hi-Vis vest on top of). If the Ogio were reflective, I could wear just the Flight Vest.

Let me know for sure if this idea picks up any steam!!!

Tommy- this just in from the Director of Design!!!!!

“We are launching a street vest in 2010 with reflective / hi vis material. Should be in stock by Aug/Sep.”

Brooke McMullin

Core/Moto Sports Inside Rep - CSR

OGIO International Inc.

14926 South Pony Express Road / Bluffdale, UT 84065 / U.S.A.

Tel: 801.619.4100 ex 3240

Dir: 801.545.3240

Fax: 801.619.4111

www.ogio.com

Well Well well , what do you know,, it worked

I have been searching for a flight vest for myself and came accross this KTM orange vest on ebay......I don't own one of those overheating coolant leaking bikes so I thought I would give any of you that were looking for an orange Ogio the heads up.

no offense on the comment above

I have been searching for a flight vest for myself and came accross this KTM orange vest on ebay......I don't own one of those overheating coolant leaking bikes so I thought I would give any of you that were looking for an orange Ogio the heads up.

Thanks for the tip......I've also been thinking about picking up a vest and I DO ride orange steam engines.....just sent the seller a question since I didn't see a size listed......needless to say, Fatdaddy ain't interested in a smalll vest!!!

Thanks for the tip......I've also been thinking about picking up a vest and I DO ride orange steam engines.....just sent the seller a question since I didn't see a size listed......needless to say, Fatdaddy ain't interested in a smalll vest!!!

If its an ogio, they only come in one size.

Oh, ok......thanks :blink::unsure::lol::) ......I think I'll bid on it......which means no one else from SDAR should (please) ;):)

I wish the vest allowed for better airflow on hot days but i love the utility of it. I would probably wear a high vis if it was available as I normally wear a high vis vest on the street and I dont even have to since I am not military. Just like to be seen.

This is incorrect. If you get an 06 or before, it's small. Only the later ones are bigger and fit better.

This is incorrect. If you get an 06 or before, it's small. Only the later ones are bigger and fit better.

touché! forgot about that one. I can say that the new ones do indeed fit bigger guys. my brother wears one and he's a big guy by big guy standards. although, it does look like he's wearing a child's life preserver.

565820671_dscn1187.jpg

in case somebody was trying to figure out the patch on the vest, he's a volunteer ohv ranger in the cle elum natl forrest in Washington.

Reply from Seller on E-Bay.......not sure what year it is but sounds like it'll fit me:

"One Size fits all I Believe. It has zipped adjustments on it. I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs. Never had a problem."

I just put a bid on it. Thanks for the link. They had some guy from Ramona trying to low ball so I doubled his bid.

:lol:

:o Just yankin your chain crawdaddy. Good luck!

The one with zippers on the sides are pretty big, I think Schwinn wears one of those.

Reply from Seller on E-Bay.......not sure what year it is but sounds like it'll fit me:

"One Size fits all I Believe. It has zipped adjustments on it. I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs. Never had a problem."

I hope you win it so I don't have to ride behind you and wonder why your backpack is sitting all sideways all the time. Looks like you're contantly in a left turn riding straight :lol:

Oh, ok......thanks :focus: :rolleyes: :heat: :help: ......I think I'll bid on it......which means no one else from SDAR should (please) :lol:;)

Snagged it....$56 :o:blink: