bikeslut

off orad visors

I know it is mostly aesthetic (look it up), but all 3 of my helmets have cracked visors... and they flop around a bit...

Anybody had success gluing them? I can't find but a few replacements, and not for "my" helmets...

don't say duct tape <_<

I know it is mostly aesthetic (look it up), but all 3 of my helmets have cracked visors... and they flop around a bit...

Anybody had success gluing them? I can't find but a few replacements, and not for "my" helmets...

don't say duct tape <_<

Ok Duck Tape :lol:

As far as using glue... I vote no on that. If it reacts with the shell that is no good. If it holds tight that is no good either. The beak is meant to pivot and flex to a point, then fail.

Let's see here... plastic is brittle and the helmets are so out of date you can't get parts... <_<

Replace the lids man. Seriously.

Two of my helmets have broken visors, the part that attaches the top center of the visor to the helmet broke on both of them. I went a little bit fancier than duct tape and used the sticky velcro.

It's working pretty good and it's not duct tape.

I got your duck tape right here

Do you just mean gluing the visors themselves? Hell, do what ever you want as long as it doesn't have parts that will splinter when you land on your head again. I thought you meant gluing it back on the helmet. I like the Velcro idea...

The visor itself has cracked... it doesn't touch the helmet where it is cracked... One of the helmets is less than 6 months old, so it's not like it needs replacing (no damage to the shell... both of them were moderate get-offs with no trauma to me or the styrofoam)

Tom- i don't get your "velcro" idea... maybe i've hit my head one too many times...

maybe I CAN get parts... I don't know where... i would pay $20 for a replacement visor, no problem...

Roger- pppfffttt...

I epoxied my visor several times,damn tree branches, damn face plants, with some success. Then I took out a loan and bought a new one from Veys, about $20. Oh yea I've got an HJC.

this orad you speak of???like O'Rad, the Irish guy??? or??

chops, considered yourselves busted...that is all!!! :lol:

B)..Duct or Duck there is both now...Blind<--ductapist <_<

this orad you speak of???like O'Rad, the Irish guy??? or??

chops, considered yourselves busted...that is all!!! :lol:

B)..Duct or Duck there is both now...Blind<--ductapist <_<

O rad is the president of this site, and I was paying homage to the holiday...

Bill; I will try veys... Thanks...

don't say duct tape <_<

I've been down this road and you're pretty much f :lol: ct. Maybe try some f B) ct tape or spend the $20. Somebody on ebay should have a good break on a gross of Troy Lee visors that you drill to match you helmet bolts. It'll happen to me again someday, so I'll split it with ya! We can sell the rest here and retire like AIG execs. B)

I have melted mine together on the trail with a lighter and also used a hot glue gun.

My kinda guy.

I once heated a 1/2" piece of of wire and melted it into the cracked and split visor. It worked so well I put in a few more to make it look like it had stitches. Ugly but they are still there.

I have melted mine together on the trail with a lighter and also used a hot glue gun.

My kinda guy.

I once heated a 1/2" piece of of wire and melted it into the cracked and split visor. It worked so well I put in a few more to make it look like it had stitches. Ugly but they are still there.

Frankenvisor; duct tape is starting to sound pretty good

Use JB weld. No wait, even better is that grey tube that has a half and half putty. Black on the outside and grey on the inside like a Twinkie. Pinch a peice off and knead it in your fingers. When it mixes into one color put it on your visor, wet your fingers, smooth it out, put a sticker over it.

Any ways, good luck.

Plastic welder should be able to do visors as well as bike plastics, just not my gas tank.

I have superglued a visor together. It held alright until I replaced it. I think you could use DUCK tape to hold it together while it dries. I would recommend buying another visor and getting it to fit though.

My kinda guy.

Frankenvisor; duct tape is starting to sound pretty good

Frankenvisor?........Hmmm......

Well...... Then how about drilling holes on each side of the split then using small zip ties to lace them together. I have a helmet at my place in Arizona with this solution but I don't have to worry about anyone seeing what I look like in public over there.

Better yet-since you are here in SoCal-steal some red shoelaces off some teenebopper's tennis shoes and cross lace them nicely finished off with a nice Bow of course. But make sure you use the proper square knot so that the bow is perpendicular to the split rather than parallel to it. You wouldn't want anyone to think you were some kid that never learned how to properly tie his shoelaces. Finally...make shure your lipstick matches the shoelaces.

Never let yourself be seen in public with the Duct Tape solution.

Definitely don't use the Duct Tape Bob, the fashion cops might nab you.

How's about electircal tape? It comes in a variety of colors, I'm sure you could find one to match your visors.

I will be placing white medical tape in the middle of my glasses, duck tape on my helmet, wear a casio calculator watch, and place a sign on my back that says "kick me"

thanks you all for your advice... i will try to glue it, and if that fails I will head over to a local shop and see if the can order just "a" visor" Don't care if it matches, just don't want it flopping around

I will be placing white medical tape in the middle of my glasses, duck tape on my helmet, wear a casio calculator watch, and place a sign on my back that says "kick me"

thanks you all for your advice... i will try to glue it, and if that fails I will head over to a local shop and see if the can order just "a" visor" Don't care if it matches, just don't want it flopping around

I think slide rule taped to your handlebars would be a tasteful touch.

What kind of helmet is it? I have some old Duck Bill visors from the 70's that use the old snap on system.

What kind of helmet is it? I have some old Duck Bill visors from the 70's that use the old snap on system.

:good: of course you do :lol: :lol2:

Those were the old "roost guard" ones, when we didn't have full face helmets... you see roost coming and you duct behind your visor...

I want one of those old school visors with the little morrors on the sides.

Like the two guys on the right are using...

oas17.jpg