PastaPilot

On Any Sunday

I will be holding a private screening in my newly completed home theatre. The first ever public screening in my house will be one of the most popular and legendary motorcycle films of all time. Starring the Hollywood legend Steve McQueen and featuring motorcycle racing greats Malcolm Smith and J.N Roberts.

On Any Sunday is often credited as the best and/or most important motorcycle documentary ever made. Roger Ebert says it "does for motorcycle racing what The Endless Summer did for surfing". Ebert praises the film's high level of artistry in accomplishing the impressive footage of motorcycle races (which he says are difficult to film), and he also credits the film for not bothering viewers with the technical details of how the filming was done. (www.imdb.com)

And to make things better it will be presented in High-Definition video with Dolby surround sound. Yes it'll truely be the cat's meow.

So come on over, Wednesday night, space is limited so sign up early. I'm thinkin Pizza and beer. Admission is free, donations for pizza are greatly appreciated. :ph34r:

And to make things better it will be presented in High-Definition video with Dolby surround sound. Yes it'll truely be the cat's meow.

So come on over, Wednesday night, space is limited so sign up early. I'm thinkin Pizza and beer. Admission is free.

The 25th Reunion last May was awesome.....very cool to get to shake hands/B.S. with Malcolm, Mert, etc.....

Go here for info/photos from the reunion: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238

Video Link: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/430413

I'm out......Weds are "Date Nights" around my place.......as in date with Kathy not any of you lunatics :ph34r::blink:B):)

Is it 1080p?

It will be in the finest upscaled 1080p the great Sony BluRay can put out. The disc itself is a remastered re-release. I bought it about a year ago with the intent of watching it in my theatre, damned roommate took almost a year to buy a TV so it's sat unwatched.

w00t! I'm in!!

Hellz yeah Roger, c'mon over!

i'd like one ticket to this extravaganza!!!!

i can DVR LOST...but to see this with fellow riders....THAT is comraderie!!!

Blind :)

You may pick up your ticket at the Will Call desk.

Fellow riders? More like fellow motorcycle fanatics.:angry:

I'll post or PM my address when the theatre is full. :)

Yes, theatre, in the queen's english.

jon, i'll stop by after work if seats aren't all taken.

I saw that when it was in it's first run in the theaters (in the days when a theater only had one screen, or maybe two.) and it changed me into the motorcycling nut that I am today. I still think of the theme song from that movie. I should; I must have seen it 40 or 50 times through the years and finally bought the DVD a couple of years ago as well. :angry:

This wednesday ? Put me down for 1...Plus also bring it to the dash so we can play it in my trlr or play it on the TV in the registration room when we all sign in.

jon, i'll stop by after work if seats aren't all taken.

Sure thing, bring Briana too. Julie will need someone to talk to. B)

This wednesday ? Put me down for 1...Plus also bring it to the dash so we can play it in my trlr or play it on the TV in the registration room when we all sign in.

Your name's on the list. Just check in with security at the door.

I can add the video to my pack list.

Jon, it just happens that I don't have to work Wednesday and it is not my date night. Can I go? I already know where you live. B)

Too much going on Wednesdays for me, but it sounds like a blast. I'd bring my DVD copy of Little Fauss and Big Halsey and we could do a double feature!

Too much going on Wednesdays for me, but it sounds like a blast. I'd bring my DVD copy of Little Fauss and Big Halsey and we could do a double feature!

Tom; you doing the dash?

I'll bring Enduro at Erzberg and thrillbillies, too...

SCHWINN- do you have a way to put a screen outside?

I do... PC Projector and a white sheet. Works great, unless there's significant wind.

Tom; you doing the dash?

I'll bring Enduro at Erzberg and thrillbillies, too...

I'll be there if everything works out, sharing a place to stay. I can bring the DVD along with Winners Take All, Dust to Glory and World's Fastest Indian. No riding would get done, but we could have our share of watching motorcycle movies.

Looks like the living room is full.

Me

Julie

Strega

blind

Spaugh + Mrs. Spaugh?

Schwinn

KLRoger

Beez

I'm gonna have to take the couch out and bring the patio and kitchen chairs in.

I do... PC Projector and a white sheet. Works great, unless there's significant wind.

We will figure something out if there is alot of people that want to watch it at the dash.

PMs were sent to those on the guestlist above, if you didn't get it let me know and I'll resend it.

I may have room for two more if Mrs. Spaugh and Julie don't come. PM me or post here if interested.

The theatre is ready for tomorrow's grand opening! I watched the opening sequence of the movie yesterday and the video quality is great and the sound is superb.

Does anyone have any likes or dislikes for pizza toppings? I don't do mushrooms, but don't mind picking them off. Anyone else got any requests on toppings?

Jon

Me

Julie

Strega

blind

Spaugh + Mrs. Spaugh?

Schwinn

KLRoger

Beez

What we don’t get to snuggle? :unsure:

Me

Julie

Strega

blind

Spaugh + Mrs. Spaugh?

Schwinn

KLRoger

Beez

What we don’t get to snuggle? :lol:

Roger,,,You can sit on my lap and we can get 1 more to go. :lol:

I'm going to pop in the "Sons of Sunday" (Disc 2) around 6ish. I'd like to start the feature film around 7 or when everyone get's here or 730 whichever comes first. :lol:

Running time for On Any Sunday is 88 minutes.

You lapsitters can bring your own seats.