KTMrad

Desert Dash - Butterfield Ranch RV Spaces & Site Map

FYI....some people pull into the spaces and take up both spaces in between the dirt streets. The spaces between streets are actually 2 spaces (2 rows), so if you park in the middle between the streets, you're actually taking up 2 spots. If more than 2 vehicles per space, the extra vehicles must park out towards the front.

DD Volunteers need to stay to the left side as you enter that row from the main entrance (for spots 25 thru 33).

They haven't complained about the number of spaces we've taken before, but I don't want them to start, and also don't want us to be using 2 spaces instead of one.

Please look at the site map at Butterfield Ranch.

We have spaces 25 thru 33 for DD Volunteers, in front of the Cedar Cabins, so Volunteers please only use the spaces to the left in that row.

I always pull into spot # 25.

- DigDug & Tntmo

- Schwinn / Chief / Joliet / HondaPilot

- Tree & Jaynen

- SanDiegoLand & xxxinSD

- Carguy & Zenosan

- Erick & room for another vehicle / tent

- Crawdaddy / Jarrett / SnailDarter / Strega

Spot 26 - Kelly / Kevin & room for another vehicle or tent

Spot 25 - KTMRad / Heimee

Spaces will be first come, first serve, except for Space # 25 & 26.

Space assignments not set in stone, just wanted to make sure we got everybody.

MAP HERE

I want to keep #26 open for Kelly and Kevin, the caterers, unless they can fit into your spot Crawdad....but we'll work that out when we're there.

I call Blair Valley! :lol:

Is that cool Randy? As much as I love y'all, i wouldn't mind setting up camp away from all the amenities, and riding my bike over

I call Blair Valley! :unsure:

Is that cool Randy? As much as I love y'all, i wouldn't mind setting up camp away from all the amenities, and riding my bike over

You can do whatever you want........traitor :o:lol:

Do I have to put reflective tape on my tent to keep from getting run over? :lol:

I'll squeeze in somewhere behind a shorty... :unsure:

Do I have to put reflective tape on my tent to keep from getting run over? :lol:

I'll squeeze in somewhere behind a shorty... :unsure:

A Shorty? :o

I think I was in 51 last time, they said it was ok. :unsure:

Just to help with organization a bit:

- DigDug & Tntmo

- Schwinn / Chief / Joliet / HondaPilot

- Tree & Jaynen

- SanDiegoLand & xxxinSD

- Carguy & Zenosan

- Erick & room for another vehicle / tent

- Kelly / Kevin & room for another vehicle or tent

Spot 26 - Crawdaddy / Jarrett / SnailDarter / Strega

Spot 25 - KTMRad / Heimee

Space assignments not set in stone.....just wanted to make sure we got enough room for everyone.

• Spot 33 - ?
  • Spot 32 - ?
  • Spot 31 - ?
  • Spot 30 - SanDiegoLand
  • Spot 29 - Carguy (Sport 29/51 are joined)
  • Spot 28 - Erick
  • Spot 27 - Kelly / Kevin
  • Spot 26 - Crawdaddy / Jarrett / SnailDarter / Strega
  • Spot 25 - KTMRad

Look right?

I'll take 31 I've got the motorhome and bike trailer.

See Strega's REVISED POST (I revised it).........that should cover everyone........it doesn't matter to me if you guys pick those spots as first come, first serve, or just assign them like we have.....all that matters is that we share the spots and have enough room for everyone.

See Strega's REVISED POST (I revised it).........that should cover everyone........it doesn't matter to me if you guys pick those spots as first come, first serve, or just assign them like we have.....all that matters is that we share the spots and have enough room for everyone.

If these fill up should I reserve an extra spot?

Don

If these fill up should I reserve an extra spot?

Don

No, there should be plenty of room for all the volunteers in these spaces. If we need another space, I will take care of it.

Dont mean to rain on anyones parade but my trlr is 40 ft something and truck is 21 ft something and I have to fit were I fit. Let me get situated and disconnect my truck please. I have to worry about trees and axcessability..

Dont mean to rain on anyones parade but my trlr is 40 ft something and truck is 21 ft something and I have to fit were I fit. Let me get situated and disconnect my truck please. I have to worry about trees and axcessability..

Cadet_SMSgt_Wesley_Woods_95thCS_marshalling_aircraft_2008-3-15.JPG

scroll down- the image of the house with the dish? I shot the dish- it's the one immediately inside the inner courtyard. The house came after several location shoots that were a waste of time- they finally went with a stock house image per my original recommendation. That was a few years ago.

p

KTMrad Posted Today, 12:00 PM

it doesn't matter to me if you guys pick those spots or first come, first serve,

I like first come first serve. I will be taking more space this year too, close to 50'. If there is a problem, I can pay for my spot like last year.

Should be there some time Thursday.

• - DigDug & Tntmo
  • - Schwinn / Chief / Joliet / HondaPilot
  • - Tree & Jaynen
  • - SanDiegoLand & xxxinSD
  • - Carguy & Zenosan
  • - Erick & room for another vehicle / tent
  • - Crawdaddy / Jarrett / SnailDarter / Strega
  • Spot 26 - Kelly / Kevin & room for another vehicle or tent
  • Spot 25 - KTMRad / Heimee

Space assignments not set in stone.....just wanted to make sure we got enough room for everyone.

FCFS always seemd to work in the past. Looks like there's a new Sheriff in town :angry:

And what am I, chopped liver?

R-O

SDAR Legislative Officer

First come first served has always worked in the past. I have been to them all. Just pay attention to where you are in those 10 reserved spots. Dont go throwing a tent in the middle of some big open area that would be better suited for a motorhome or a large toybox. Nobody has ever needed to reserve spots except for randy and the cooks for our dinner saturday night.

I agree........FCFS (except for my spot 25, and Kelly & Kevin the cooks in Spot 26 which I like them to be next to my space).

We just wanted to make sure we got enough room for everyone.

RO, knew you were only coming out for one day, so didn't know what your arrangements were going to be.

What are you doing, camping overnight with the camper ??

Just to make sure I understand the drill here since this is my first year volunteering.

I DO NOT need to reserve anything - just show up, pay my fee, and pull into one of the above spots?

What if I'm coming out on Thursday - do I need to reserve something for one night or will they be open?

I also still have space in the toyhauler if any "tenters" want to get up off the ground into a heated trailer with a bed...

Just to make sure I understand the drill here since this is my first year volunteering.

I DO NOT need to reserve anything - just show up, pay my fee, and pull into one of the above spots?

What if I'm coming out on Thursday - do I need to reserve something for one night or will they be open?

I also still have space in the toyhauler if any "tenters" want to get up off the ground into a heated trailer with a bed...

I thought I made it clear at the meeting.

Just show up and grab one of our reserved spaces. You don't even need to go to the office.