KTMrad

Call for Desert Dash Volunteers

Anyone with really good 2 way radios, or 2 satellite phones ?

Any of these guys buying the VX-170 setups that FakeName pointed us towards have some serious communication capabilities. There's a repeater up on Monument Peak, directly up the mountain from the campground. I was hitting that repeater from out near Salton City this past weekend. You should be able to cover the entire route, but any users will need to be licensed in order to use it...

It's a club owned repeater, so if you're planning on using it extensively, we ought to talk to the club president and see if it's okay with them. If it's just the occasional conversation or emergency transmission, then that's probably alright...

I have one issued satellite phone from work that I can bring along, but I really should only use it for emergency purposes (easier to explain to my commander if he looks at the bill)!!! B)

Always here to lend a hand Randy! You just let me know what I can do to help out and consider it done.

I plan on being there this year!

sorry it took so long for me to reply, my machine at home is out for upgrades so today was the first chance I've had to get online since it got dropped off.

Anyone with really good 2 way radios, or 2 satellite phones ?

I'll have the club radio setup here shortly as well. I think enough of us will have them to be fairly well connected out there.

Volunteer List Updated 1-21-09 - see first post for this topic.

For all volunteers, I have about 9 pull through spaces with full hookups reserved for you all at Butterfield Ranch campground, so you don't need to make your own reservations.

Please let me know if you're sharing a spot with someone, I know Casa De La Schwinn puts up a few people.

Thanks

sounds great I should be pulling into butterfield by 11:00am Friday. :lol:

For all volunteers, I have about 9 pull through spaces with full hookups reserved for you all at Butterfield Ranch campground, so you don't need to make your own reservations.

Please let me know if you're sharing a spot with someone, I know Casa De La Schwinn puts up a few people.

Thanks

I'll be rolling in with the Casa de Daddy Toybox on Thursday evening......probably set up next to Schwinn and R.O. just like last year......Strega, Snaildarter and my son Jarrett will be in my rig.....

Thanks

The Schwinn Inn will be housing Pyro, Chief Gunner, Joliet, Honda Pilot and ???I think I forgot someone but they know.

I'm sorry, guys, but wife is out of town that week, and I'm on dad duty. I'll happily lend radios to anyone needing them- it's the best I can do.

Sorry.

p

FYI....some people pull into the spaces and take up both spaces in between the dirt streets. The spaces between streets are actually 2 spaces (2 rows), so DD Volunteers need to stay to the left side as you enter that row from the main entrance (for spots 25 thru 33).

They haven't complained about the number of spaces we've taken before, but I don't want them to start, and also don't want us to be using 2 spaces instead of one.

Please look at the site map at Butterfield Ranch. We have spaces 25 thru 33 in front of the Cedar Cabins, so Volunteers please only use the spaces to the left in that row.

I always pull into spot # 25.

MAP HERE

work has changed for me slightly...i unfortunately can NOT go to DD '09....

is there anything BEFORE the DD i can help with???

if there is i am willing to help!!!!

Blind :lol:

Not really, but thanks for your offer !!

Not really, but thanks for your offer !!

When will you be taping the course? Earlier that week?

When will you be taping the course? Earlier that week?

You mean ribboning the course ?

Ribbon on Thursday or Friday (19th or 20th)....with GPS, the need for ribbon is almost eliminated.......only a few turns to ribbon in a few places.

I'm sorry, guys, but wife is out of town that week, and I'm on dad duty. I'll happily lend radios to anyone needing them- it's the best I can do.

Sorry.

p

I will have Morgan there with me at the campsite... bring Jesse down anyway; they can hang out and create havoc... Blair Valley has some nice pictographs, and some geo caching opportunities, as well as an old cabin on top of the mountain that you can hike to... My XR has buddy pegs, and I have an extra helmet, if you want to check out some sights with him, as well...

I havent signed up yet and wont until Friday (thats when I will know for sure I can go) assuming there is still spots available.

Im in to help in any way possible. I can get out there Thursday night if needed in my RV and offer up some sleeping space if anyone needs it. I can ride sweep, or whatever you need. Just let me know.

Please see first post - revised.

Volunteer positions have been filled, we have more than enough........thanks for your offers. Volunteers listed in the original post will be the volunteers working the ride.

Thanks again.

Photo!

I am not good enough for the trails. I hate the sand, need ot figure out how to ride it..

Photo!

I am not good enough for the trails. I hate the sand, need ot figure out how to ride it..

I will be bring my small motorhome and wife. Save me a spot. Is there space for a small bike trailer behind a 20 ft motorhome?

Don

Photo!

knobbies and throttle

Photo!

I will be bring my small motorhome and wife. Save me a spot. Is there space for a small bike trailer behind a 20 ft motorhome?

Don

It will be fine, if it sticks out into the road, we can just unhook it and pull it along side the motorhome. :unsure: Ken