Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

calling all newbs

I'll try to get the boys out to lark around 6 or 7 a.m. Beat the heat... Shock n Awe and Jaynen; We can have a mini dirtbike 101... There is a large sandy area and some whoops for practice:

a lot of short trails, and 99 per cent of it is totally easy... a good place to practice some skills.

I am NOT a qualified teacher, so don't expect anything except some pointers and a little good natured ribbing... : )

I am going either way, so if'n anybody wants to meet up, post so I can expect you...

I'll be there, if TrailTech gets Mr Bill back to me by friday. Only one of his eyes were burning on Walker's Annual Nightride.

Hey- that's pretty good (former copyrighter)

WALKERS ANNUAL NIGHT RIDE

Start on your bike, ride home in the meatwagon!

j/k, Gary- thanks for the kind words.

fn

I may be able to make this one. It's been a while since my bike has seen dirt. Make sure to watch for the CHP sitting on the top of the hill right before you head into boulevard. I got a ticket there for doing 90 when I was heading to McCains one summer morning around that time. :i-m_so_happy:

I may be able to make this one. It's been a while since my bike has seen dirt. Make sure to watch for the CHP sitting on the top of the hill right before you head into boulevard. I got a ticket there for doing 90 when I was heading to McCains one summer morning around that time. :(

well obey the law, like I do, and you appreciate the CHP more :ph34r:

Tree; what bike will you ride at Lark? Won't your desert sleds be overkill there, or do you know stuff I don't? I'll be in the official riding area with the kids... not likely to explore the "plated" options around there...

I'll be there, if TrailTech gets Mr Bill back to me by friday. Only one of his eyes were burning on Walker's Annual Nightride.

fn

You need a light during the day? :(

I am confirming spousal approval right now... If I end up bowing out, you'll know who wears the pants in the family :ph34r:

:(

Count me in. My Blackberry is (619) 756-5002. This will be good practice for my re-match against the boulders at Corral Canyon.

ShocknAwe

fn

I Like It...We'll have contest like.........."See How Many Bones You Can Break on a Flat Trail only Going 5 MPH" ---or------ "Pin The Exhaust Pipe On The Noobie" ---See BikeSlit For Details----or-----"The Uggliest and

Brightest Mr. Bill Head Light"--------or-------"Hammer's No Light Hero Hill Climb"------Winner Gets Hammers CR500----- If Hammer wins he gets to burn all KTMs That enter!! :ph34r:

OK .... I'll shut up... It's the...HillBilly Heroin...

I've been to Hungry Valley about 4 times, and up to Oakhurst once so I have ridden the DR-Z a few times off road I just want to get more comfortable and make sure I learn good habits.

Sadly I won't be down in SD until late Sunday afternoon as my MSF course is in Santa Clarita this weekend :ph34r:

I better not show up or someone could get killed :ph34r: Although Alex and I still have to climb the hill and do stoppies on the big rock there at some point.

But don't worry, I can't get up at 6 even if I was getting paid.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

fn

I Like It...We'll have contest like.........."See How Many Bones You Can Break on a Flat Trail only Going 5 MPH" ---or------ "Pin The Exhaust Pipe On The Noobie" ---See BikeSlit For Details----or-----"The Uggliest and

Brightest Mr. Bill Head Light"--------or-------"Hammer's No Light Hero Hill Climb"------Winner Gets Hammers CR500----- If Hammer wins he gets to burn all KTMs That enter!! :ph34r:

OK .... I'll shut up... It's the...HillBilly Heroin...

It eats, Orange bikes for breakfast, Gary. :(:(

I knew I shouldn't have sold all the reliable KTMs :ph34r: . If I get the 570 back in time I'll join you (that's right, I said 570. My new philosophy is "burn up a motor, buy a bigger jug") :(

Sounds like a pefect break-in ride...

But don't worry, I can't get up at 6 even if I was getting paid.

My limbs feel safer already :(

My emty forks are waiting for new springs ariaval.

papa.

Disassemble after new parts arrive. :ph34r:

Can't wait to get all this new job and move stuff over with so I can dedicate my schedule to going riding :ph34r:

so you going to be there like last monday at the ride YOU arranged ?

Where's the "whiney girl" smilie? Ozzy; I know I ruined your day...sorry about that; stuff kept piling up...

BRP has a new back tire, pool is back on track, wireless internet working, but the van still needs an oil change...

Yeah; I'll be there whether the boys come or not...if the boys don't, I'll bring the drz, if they do, I'll bring the tw... I might even bring the xr with trailwings, just to see how it does...

If the boys don't go and you want to go, I can pick you up at 0515- eww...that sound ugly!

I might even bring the xr with trailwings, just to see how it does...

I'll bring the trauma kit :ph34r:

Google is your friend

link

Is this where everyone else will be? I'll be in my truck.

post-399-1218169031_thumb.jpg

Google is your friend

link

Is this where everyone else will be? I'll be in my truck.

except it should say valley not balley

Where do folks generally set up- by the trees? At that hour, we should have our choice.

fn

not a newb (well i am sd adv rider newb),, will look you guys up,,,have ridden with a few of your crew. my crew will be camped out at mccain this weekend,,,i will stop by and say hey, R