Sign in to follow this  
PastaPilot

Long Way Up

Yes. A third installment to the Charley and Ewan adventures has been announced!

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/355367/charleyboorman-confirms-long-way-up/

Charley and Ewan are back! Charley and Ewan are back! Light the beacons and send messengers on horses to all the villages to spread the good news. In an interview recorded at the Bike Shed Motorcycle Show, Charley Boorman confirmed that pal Ewan MacGregor and himself are working on the Long Way Up. After going around the world from London to New York and traveling from the UK to South Africa, the guys will now tackle the Americas.

• Like 1

I don't care for their over complicated setups and all the chase vehicles, but they do get some good video.  I will watch it, but I will also mock them (and wish I had their money).  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The first movie was pretty good.  The second one was stale and not  of interest to me.  Maybe the third one will be constructed in a way that will be creative and interesting....or not.

I will watch. As long as it is free. The first series was better than the second. 

I wish I could put my life on pause for 80 plus days to go on an adventure. I am lucky if I get enough free time to go to the bathroom. 

Seems to me,,,  the series is generally good for the sport and industry. May not measure up to the Hard Core traveller, what with all the support., but if the story leaves a positive impression on the public we all could benefit. 

We are all at different mile markers on the journey.  Bags

• Like 1

I enjoyed the series but agree the first was better than the second. My wife got into watching it with me which was cool.  If they had just done it in Ktms it would have been better.  I will definitely check out the third installment.  Going to be a few more years before I can think about long range trips so I have to live vicariously until then   

May I suggest, next time there's a presentation about world travel or long distance travel at one of the local bike shops, that you go and meet the people who are doing it or have already done it with no support, sometimes not much money,  just regular folks like you and I.

Sure, these movies by this duo might be inspiring and good for the sport...but when have they gone out to local shops to do presentations and share their knowledge, inspire people, etc. I'm not putting these guys down, I'm just saying there are more people out there who you can meet face to face.....

Examples:

• Simon and Lisa Thomas of 2 Ride the World.
  • Sam Manicom - rode for 8 Years Round the World
  • Austin Vince of Mondo Enduro
  • Bonzai Becky and Andrea Sarvetnick (2 women in their twenties who rode down to South America on DRZ400's)
  • Ted Simon of Jupiter's Travels  and Dreaming of Jupiter (twice around the world)
  • Daniel Rintz and Josephine Flohr of Open Explorers

That's just to name a few who have been to local bike shops in San Diego and/or Overland Expo to do presentations....all really good, down to earth people. And many of them go to events like Overland Expo, Horizons Unlimited events, etc. to share their travel wisdom and knowledge, inspire people, etc..

Those are the main reasons I don't really care about Ewan and Charley's movies. But, they really are lucky to have the money and support to do these trips and movies....so more power to them.

It’s TV. It doesn’t have to fit anyone’s definition of good better best, or right or wrong way, or tough guys vs pampered Hollywood actors. 

In my opinion these guys changed the flavor of the industry. Kudos to them and they reaped the benefit of doing this their way. 

My wife and I we’re both quite entertained by both series and look forward to the next one. If it’s entertaining we will pop some corn and enjoy. If not, we will turn it off pretty much like any other movie or series. 

Im not looking for the 1,2,3 of how to do it from a movie. Just good ol’ entertainment.  Doing it is about as simple as turning the key and letting out the clutch and pointing ‘that way’. Everyone will actually end up doing it their own way whether rich or poor, expert or Noob, doesn’t matter in the end. Just go. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Doing it is about as simple as turning the key and letting out the clutch and pointing ‘that way’. Everyone will actually end up doing it their own way whether rich or poor, expert or Noob, doesn’t matter in the end. Just go. 

Exactly right.  It’s not difficult to go on a journey.  I know, because even I can do it.  And no matter what you do someone will tell you everything you did wrong....too fast, too slow, too much pavement, etc.

How about shut up and ride?  😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zubb said:

It’s TV. It doesn’t have to fit anyone’s definition of good better best, or right or wrong way, or tough guys vs pampered Hollywood actors. 

In my opinion these guys changed the flavor of the industry. Kudos to them and they reaped the benefit of doing this their way. 

My wife and I we’re both quite entertained by both series and look forward to the next one. If it’s entertaining we will pop some corn and enjoy. If not, we will turn it off pretty much like any other movie or series. 

Im not looking for the 1,2,3 of how to do it from a movie. Just good ol’ entertainment.  Doing it is about as simple as turning the key and letting out the clutch and pointing ‘that way’. Everyone will actually end up doing it their own way whether rich or poor, expert or Noob, doesn’t matter in the end. Just go. 

Exactly.   For me it's just like watching the car shows on Velocity.  I enjoy them even though I know I dont have a 100grand in donated tools and parts and unlike them my hands actually get dirty working on my car.  It's a bit of fantasy but its entertainment.  Not a lot of real life adventure seminars in Yuma, so stuff like this and YouTube is close as I'm going to get right now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tntmo said:

How about shut up and ride?  😀

SDAR = shuddupandride.  

Tom gets a gold star for redefining our acronym. 

• Haha 1