I talked with ADV-BUM about doing a bike ride up in Big Bear at the end of September or first part of October.  ADV-BUM has a place up in Big Bear that we could camp at with facilities and water. We would just have to pitch in for two nice  BBQ dinners and beer.  I believe we all could meet somewhere for breakfast and lunch each day.  I will be leading a big bike ride.  Someone could lead a skinny bike ride if they wanted to do that.   I am putting this out to our membership to see who would be interested in going.  Please let me know soon so I can work this out with ADV-BUM.

I will try to obtain a get-out-of-jail pass.  Sounds like a fun time.  Will be on a big bike if I can make it.

22 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

Would you be riding dirt to Big Bear? 

would be happy to do dirt the whole way, it is a fun place to ride, we could go several ways on dirt to get up to big bear.  I just need a commitment so I can plan it out.  i would be happy to meet with you all and plan the route to get up to BB.  

I have it on my calendar, and yes dirt please. We just have to make sure the trail from "Angelus Oaks" to the "Skyline Dr". is open.  Should be hunting season, than the gates are open.

post-14767-0-68484000-1445132399_thumb.jpg

What day would you leave? Friday? I have three Friday Jobs coming up that I wouldn't be able to leave on those days. 9-9, 9-30, and 10-07. I would like to make this. 

4 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

What day would you leave? Friday? I have three Friday Jobs coming up that I wouldn't be able to leave on those days. 9-9, 9-30, and 10-07. I would like to make this. 

I am sorry but I am looking at the 10/7 and KSU AT 7:30 if we are going to do dirt.  you could come up Saturday or Friday night.

6 minutes ago, danrider said:

I am sorry but I am looking at the 10/7 and KSU AT 7:30 if we are going to do dirt.  you could come up Saturday or Friday night.

Some other time!?

10/7 as in Oct 7?  Would this be a big bike ride as in the picture?

I don't have travel booked that weekend, so maybe there's hope for me :)

My buddy Adam and I were already planning this route for this same weekend. He has a cabin in Green Valley Lake. We'll be riding up Friday, leaving Ramona in the morning...all dirt...all (well most) of the way. Small bikes. High speed, low drag. Wives and kids are meeting us up there and we'll be trucking the bikes home on Sunday. Lots of riding Saturday though.

As it gets closer, lets compare notes and maybe we'll cross paths...

I am not a HIGH speed dirt rider anymore. But I will take the BMW "BIG BIKE"

20151015_150345_resized.jpg

4 hours ago, darylhunter said:

10/7 as in Oct 7?  Would this be a big bike ride as in the picture?

I don't have travel booked that weekend, so maybe there's hope for me :)

this would be it, hope you can make it.

4 hours ago, Oracle said:

My buddy Adam and I were already planning this route for this same weekend. He has a cabin in Green Valley Lake. We'll be riding up Friday, leaving Ramona in the morning...all dirt...all (well most) of the way. Small bikes. High speed, low drag. Wives and kids are meeting us up there and we'll be trucking the bikes home on Sunday. Lots of riding Saturday though.

As it gets closer, lets compare notes and maybe we'll cross paths...

I would like to know your route, I know JaJa has a good one

Brian, I don't suppose you have this route layered on a google map so I can view it without having to download it, then upload it into basecamp?

Dan, I have tracks but I need to clean them up...then I can email

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

Brian, I don't suppose you have this route layered on a google map so I can view it without having to download it, then upload it into basecamp?

Dan, I have tracks but I need to clean them up...then I can email

thanks 

On 9/2/2016 at 8:59 PM, danrider said:

thanks 

Actually, the tracks Brian posted above are the same as mine.