Ken S

Baja weekend report 7-22- 7-24

This was my first Baja ride.  Can't wait to go back. 

Went with my friend Brian on a spiritual retreat camping near La Bufadora. Beautiful camp ground on the Cliffs above Ensenada bay. 

Arivef Friday and I went solo exploring around Punta Banda and overindulging on street tacos. 

Sarurday morning we headed down the coast in a fog bank. As we headed up into the mountains we'd clear the fog and be treated to a Baja sunrise and mile after mile of trails all to our self. About 40 miles south we come to the end of the road that is now impassable. 

Came upon a lobster camp and 2 of the fisherman wanted to see our bikes and then went for a ride with us. Both of them on old rusty Yamaha WR250's. They showed us several miles of their single track on which Brian and I both looped our bikes. 

Wound up trading our spare goggles for a backpack full of lobster tails. They didn't want money. 

Brian was  wore out after 100 mile morning ride so I went solo until dark doing more exploring of Punta Banda trails with any Taco Stand stops.

Day 3 we trucked to SantoThomas and rode west about 20 miles to the beach and then South stoping in Epindera for gas and fresh fish tacos and a rear tube change for me. 

We continued south mostly 5th gear pinned for a couple hours along the most amazing coast line then back for more fuel and tacos. Ride about 175 miles before returning to the truck wore out but with huge smiles. 

Brian was an amazing guide and has racing Score for 30 years. He knows many of the locals by first name and everyone we met along the way was so friendly. 

I can't wait to go again. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great report and im glad you finally got to ride some of baja. 

Good one Ken.  Nice place to ride on the hottest weekend of the summer. 

Awesome ken from your smile looks like a good time, how many tacos total for the weekend?

6 minutes ago, Bp619 said:

Awesome ken from your smile looks like a good time, how many tacos total for the weekend?

I'd say 10 tacos per 100 miles ridden equals about 40 tacos. 

Very nice! :) Thanks for sharing! :good:

28 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Sounds like an awesome time, one of these days I'll get down there. 

Let's do it. An SDAR beach-riding-fishing-taco trip. 

2 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Let's do it. An SDAR beach-riding-fishing-taco trip. 

I'm in haven't had b.c. tacos since baby's been born

Sounds like a great time.  Street tacos and lobster are about as good as it gets. 

Finally someone mans up and goes riding in Baja. Great job, Ken.

My daughter was likely conceived in the Bufadora campground on the front seat of my BMW (don't mention this if you ever meet my wife).

The rest of the pics are from some of the best riding down there...I am jealous.

Thanks for sharing Ken. West Coast rides are definitely the way to go these next couple of months. I see you installed the bigger tank, looks good.