wildwood

Descanso to Santa Rosa Mt. Over-Nite Ride 7/22-23

Descanso to Santa Rosa Mt. Over-Nite Ride 7/22-23

I'm ready for a second helping of this alright.  So who's in this time?  The plan would be to meet at the Park-N-Ride at Descanso/Japatul Valley/ 79 exit off Hwy 8 east at 8:30am, with KSU at 9:00am. Take Boulder Creek Rd. to Option 1, Ceadar Creek Rd. or continue on Boulder Creek Rd. to Hwy 79, then meet a possible second group at Santa Ysabel (gas available) around 11:00am. Quick rider meeting if others are joining in, KSU at 11:30am for ride to Anza via Lost Valley Rd. Get gas and supplies in Anza around 2:00pm, then head for Santa Rosa camp site.

I would consider this an easy intermediate ride, and big bike do-able. Furthest distance between gas stops is about 60 mi.  The destination is incredible.  Plenty of places to ride available on Saturday if your up for a long day or two.

I think I'll be riding my TE310 on this one. I'd love to get the Triumph in on it, but my little bike is better prepared right now to do this.  The section where the pavement ends on Lost Valley Rd. is really moguled out for a couple miles. I'll be faster on it for sure.

Let me check with my watch commander and get back to you.

Bummer i cant swing friday got plans havefun though 

Sorry to here that guys, I didn't want to make it too close to the Mammoth ride.  I'm planning to hit this area a couple more times before the end of summer.  A Descanso to Big Bear 2 dayer is imminent now that I got my gear together. That would be awesome.

I'm on leave next week, if I'm not long distance touring on the Tiger I'll join you for a dual Husky group.

Sounds like a blast! I'm 100% in.

Do you have gps tracks? 

22 hours ago, Roasty said:

Sounds like a blast! I'm 100% in.

Do you have gps tracks? 

Hey Roasty.  You'll like this route on the KLR.  My gps skills are limited.  See if this works.2016-07-08 16.52.35 Auto.gpx

OK tntmo, nice to have options 'eh.

7 hours ago, wildwood said:

Hey Roasty.  You'll like this route on the KLR.  My gps skills are limited.  See if this works.2016-07-08 16.52.35 Auto.gpx

OK tntmo, nice to have options 'eh.

nice! thanks pal. definitely count me in!

Sorry guys, but I'm out. Forgot I have in-laws and nephew in town all week.

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

Sorry guys, but I'm out. Forgot I have in-laws and nephew in town all week.

Sounds like a good time to take off then!

52 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

Sounds like a good time to take off then!

Usually. But I owe the wife right now. She is super cool when i want to take off and ride. Just have to be careful not to abuse that. And she has some bullshit planned. I'll play along in hopes of banking some ride credits for a 3-4 day fall ride.

4 hours ago, Oracle said:

I'll play along in hopes of banking some ride credits for a 3-4 day fall ride.

Totally understand. Everyone has a lot going on this time of year.  I was anticipating a smaller group this time, but 2 so far, thought it would be more enticing.  It took me a year+ to get my act together for bike camping, so it's not for everyone.  I'm going regardless, need the practice using my gear.

I'll be watching for your fall ride, if it's an open invite......

Wildwood, Dying to do the overnight.  Unfortunately I have previous plans. I would of been all over it. Thanks for posting.

I also would love to do this, hopefully next time.  Anza is showing 100  degrees Friday and Saturday, be safe and have a cold one for me. 

Thanks guys.  I'm stoked to now be able to bike camp.  Looking forward to joining in on upcoming multi-day rides.  I'll be posting some more up for sure myself.

Unfortunately it looks like Friday and Saturday will be the hottest days of the week.  Ride early, we'll be good at 8000ft, though it might be windy up there.

1 hour ago, wildwood said:

Thanks guys.  I'm stoked to now be able to bike camp.  Looking forward to joining in on upcoming multi-day rides.  I'll be posting some more up for sure myself.

Unfortunately it looks like Friday and Saturday will be the hottest days of the week.  Ride early, we'll be good at 8000ft, though it might be windy up there.

i'm still in pal. sure its gonna be hot but so is the majority of the summer. gotta take lots of water. keep me posted. 

11 hours ago, Roasty said:

i'm still in pal. sure its gonna be hot but so is the majority of the summer. gotta take lots of water. keep me posted. 

+1

Nice already halfway up Boulder Creek have fun and stay safe in the heat, dairy Queen in Anza will be calling your name