Vintage Veloce

Riding near Yuma?

Is there any good riding right near Yuma? The closest OHV place I see to Yuma is Ehrenberg.

Obviously Glamis is just over the border in California. I was thinking of going to Yuma, staying there and checking out Glamis, but was wondering if there was anything cool in AZ near Yuma...?

Carl

Gordon's well and buttercup are 15 minutes from Yuma.

Let me know and I'll meet you there. Weekend only. My favorite playground.

Plated Bike? Along the River on both side have plenty of dirt tracks and trails. Picacho, out side from the Yuma Proving Ground. Enough to get loos and lost.

Thanks Ken, but I can only make it during the week.

Those both look to be on the California side. I'm curious about stuff in AZ...

C

Paging DanRider to the white phone. DanRider to the phone, please.

Slots of good stuff around Yuma. Pocacho is a great off road area with some fun trails. Kofa just north east of Yuma is pretty big area to explore. Red cloud mine road from Yuma to Blythe is a day long loop. There are a few other rides close to Yuma that are worth doing. I love living in Yuma because I rarely have to load the bike to go for a ride.

Yep...PM DanRider...he will line you up with some good stuff.

I have riden out there for years because I owned a home on the river. Just ask DSTSS about the ride we have done from Red Cloud Mine. As above Picacho is a great place to ride( research thevalley of the names) this is place that is over a mile wide that people over the years have made their names with rocks, it is a cool place to see. If you ride red cloud mine, do not be fooled by the easy ride to the mine, once you get past the mine it is a ruff and a tuff ride, not for beginners at all. A great place to ride is Kofa National Reserve you can spend two full days in that park and still not see it all, Big Eye Mine is a great ride. You can also ride Goldwater, you will need to get a pass from the Military but it is well worth the $5 you will pay. DSTSS and I did a 100 mile loop that can kick anyones butt from Hidden shores to Red Cloud Mine to Palo Verde to Pocacho back to Hidden Shores. We where dead tired when done.

Yuma offers some of the best ridding around and without the crowds as compared to OWells. I went to BLM and got a map of all the places you can ride out in Yuma and it is vast. You can get lost easy without a map so make sure you have a GPS