eddie

KTM 1190R - How would YOU modify?

So... I'm looking at the 1190R. Been off the bikes for over a year. Falling down at 40 sucked.

I know we've got some Orange fantatics here, so what would YOU do to a new one?

Rottweiler air intake? Stabilizer? Bags - hard or soft? Bigger tank?

Input on accessorizing appreciated.

You might want to a dress your needs with the bikes. Like just cruising sround, hitting serious dirt, or multi day trips. Rottweiler intake on my 950se is awesome but required a reject and I bet on 1190 will need a programmer for more fuel. Watch nutnfancy videos on YouTube about his complaints with power on the 1190 he added rottweiler and programmers and had a help of a time and tons of money to get not much in power. I would say bike protection first like skid plate crash bars and hand guards, possible stabilizer before performance.

Suspension

Tires

Footpegs

Suspension

Handlebars/risers (if needed)

skidplate

Suspension

soft bags

GPS

Suspension

handguards

Cameltank (now available from Rottweiler)

Rottweiler intake (view the spectacular photographs at Rottweilerperformance.com)

Suspension

Rottweiler intake (view the spectacular photographs at Rottweilerperformance.com)

Gee, I wonder who could've possibly taking those photographs?

That bike is heavy and big.

I would stay away from trying to add too much stuff to it. Get your suspension dialed in, some good knobby tires, and rear racks/soft bags. Good to go for 90% of everything you will encounter. You might want to look into exhaust options to reduce weight too.

Glad to see you are looking to get back on dirt. I shot you an email a few weeks ago.

I think the list Paul proposed is the standard bike upgrade list for any bike.

Especially the suspension...

Nitrous oxide, turbo, slicks, life insurance...

Deetroit locker, ladder bars, brake lockout.

PMB nailed it but not sure why in the world you would change the intake ... more power? Lol.

Comfort mods to fit your style then suspension then try and drop some weight.

That thing is a pig, buy an SE for less and never look back.

A low miles, gently used SE. I'd love one, but it's like a unicorn.

PMB nailed it but not sure why in the world you would change the intake ... more power? Lol.

Comfort mods to fit your style then suspension then try and drop some weight.

That thing is a pig, buy an SE for less and never look back.

The stock intake on the 1190 appear to have an issue with leaking- dust in the intakes.

Falling down at 40 sucked..

Why such a behemoth / powerful / heavy pig? What's the mission statement? If it's dirt "I'd" go smaller/lighter. Regardless, armor it up, align the suspension to "your" needs, GL bags, and consider a riding class focused on big pigs to purge old habits and regain confidence after a year on the sidelines. (Jimmy Lewis)

PMB - Oh I thought they got that issue resolved.

Eddie - There are some really nice ones popping up on statewide CL and Advrider. Many owners didn't ride them much. A buddy just bought a clean one and Janjoostens was better then new when he recently sold it.

yup keep an eye out took my 4 months to buy mine. 2 weeks before I got my 950se I always went to Denver to pick one up but guy wouldn't budge on price and was little vague on exact maintenance so I skipped and glad I did. biggest thing is weight not hp or best suspension in my opinion. those can be fixed plus anything 950+ has tons of power. weight is your enemy