paulmbowers

N00b Ride, anyone? Sunday, November 8th 0700 Sleep Train

OK, this ride is a GO.

Few things about n00b rides in general:

1. You will not be left behind.

2. Experienced riders used to riding very fast over difficult terrain set that aside for a day- just to help newer riders. For that day, we don't want to ride faster- we want to support and encourage those new to the sport to gain some experience and expertise in a safe (as possible) environment. Do not feel pressured to ride harder or faster than you enjoy. Don't be embarassed or timid to ask for help- or to slow down.

Group rides can give people the impression that they must compete or push to "keep up" with the group. Not for this ride.

3. Be prepared, geared properly, have your bike ready BEFORE you arrive. Helmets, gloves, boots etc. Bike running properly and not leaking. Tires at the correct pressure.

4. Talk with the leader(s) at the ride, introduce yourself to those you don't know- re-introduce yourself to me because I'm old and forgetful. Let us know your experience level and where/if you might want help.

5. This is a short ride. Many falls happen as riders fatigue, and that happens quickly if you're inexperienced. So this ride is intended to give a little taste of riding without pushing limits very far. 60-90 minutes is typical.

6. Experienced riders- sounds boring, right? Nope! I've never heard of an experienced rider for whom a n00b ride was not fun. Giving back is more fun than you think, and you can always ride more afterwards. Show up, it's a good time.

7. There will be a rider's meeting that begins at 0700 sharp. Be there. I'll give some basic instruction as to the route we'll take and identify the experienced riders that are there to help and to keep track of everybody. Be there.

8. You are responsible for yourself- this is not a formal training organization, not a guided travel excursion, and no liability is accepted for your health and well-being. You get hurt, it's on you. Please don't get hurt.

9. If, even with all these warnings and such, you feel you'd like to leave the ride, please let others know. Headcounts are typically done at the beginning, the end and periodically in the middle of rides. If you bail without notice, it creates all kinds of trouble for those trying to enjoy the ride.

10. The ride will stay on established trails and dirt roads. There are optional sections that represent greater challenges- these will be pointed out and discussed along the way. Feel no pressure to do these sections- there are easy ways around these. These sections are designed to either challenge riders or to demonstrate to others how these challenges are accomplished by more experienced riders. in other words, ride them if you'd like, or watch and learn. All of the experienced riders I know are happy to explain how they approach an obstacle or a nasty bit of trail.

11. Opinions differ about the legal accessibility of some of the areas we'll encounter. I've never had any experience with law enforcement in the area, I've never been stopped or ordered off property. We won't go around gates, nor ignore signs. Granted, that does not automatically give anyone rights to trespass. Be aware you ride this area at your own legal risk. If we were to be stopped for any reason, blame BikeSlut.

I'll think of more later.

If I can swing it, I'm in? Is there here a safe place to park a truck if I talk my friend to come?

If I can swing it, I'm in? Is there here a safe place to park a truck if I talk my friend to come?

We have left trucks on street near southbay motorsports.Been fine so far. Need hiway plate

:bye::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye: OOOOH! OOOOH! Mr Balmer!! OOOOH! OOOOH! Me! Me! I'll meet at Southbay and ride over with you guys.I have a truck now! :smile_anim::smile_anim::smile_anim::smile_anim:

I'd like to link up with the group.

Me and maybe+1.

Will there be roosting?

Hey paulmbowers,

Poll your group as to, If they would like to do a " Noob Sand Day " out at this ABDSP location. Truck or Ride out to Hard surface Parking. Check the Google Map link, " Truckhaven Parking ". The drive is about 1.75 hrs from La Mesa, so a large commitment.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=zXY5IXAhBkN0.kPwD6Rz6eBNY

Fun Dirt two track leading to Sandy Sand - Two weeks / Month out??

Bags

The wife may want to ride this on her TW200. I will only roost Bikeslut if he shows. I can sweep with my new radio.

The wife may want to ride this on her TW200. I will only roost Bikeslut if he shows. I can sweep with my new radio.

I'll hang with y'all.

from past experience, I've found that if we have 5 non-n00bs, we'll easily get 5 n00bs, lurkers, non-committal types to show up.

question for ride zone ref, is that overpass the 125 to and from the 905 border zone?

Man, I wish I didn't have previous commitments preventing me from attending, I will definitely come to the next one. Big thanks to all the experienced riders who put this on!

Ok. I intend to be unloading at Southbay by 6:30 is anyone else is trucking in and wants to ride over.

question for ride zone ref, is that overpass the 125 to and from the 905 border zone?

yup.

Where exactly do we need to be at 7am?

Ready to ride at 0700

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32.5949088,-117.0360657/32.5853562,-117.0017762/@32.5864765,-117.0159893,2472m/data=!3m1!1e3

Basically, 5300 Heritage Rd, Chula Vista - near Sleeptrain Amphitheatre.

For those trucking in, many park trucks on Auto Park Place near SouthBay Motorsports.