danrider

Joshua Tree Ride and Camp Big Bike Friendly Dec 4-6

Need to know who would like to go so I can get the campsite soon, I am going to reserve two sites now, three tents per site. This is a great time and ride, ride the trails in Joshua Tree and explore the mines. I will be leaving mid day on Friday December 4th and returning on Sunday, full day of riding on Saturday, Saturday night dinner in town. I am looking ten riders and myself to go. This will be a fun and not a difficult ride. I have been hear several times and it has been a lot of fun each time.

showers are available at the campsite

I have confirmed 4 campsites at Black Rock Camp Ground. I plan on leaving from Escondido BMW Motorcycle Dealership on Friday the 4th at noon, Route will take us through Borrago through Meca Box Canyon through the back of the park to Black Rock. Once we setup camp we can plan on cooking dinner and some Barley Pops and meet the group. The next morning plan on making breakfast at camp, we then will set out to the designated off roads in the park to some of the mines (I plan on bringing maps of where we will ride). Plan on riding in some deep sand in some spots. This ride is for pleasure and safety first, that is why I have limited to ten riders. I will break the group into two groups for safety reasons, If you like to ride fast you will go first. We will discuss on Friday if we want to go into town for lunch or eat on the trail. I plan on eating dinner in town on Saturday Night. I feel that we can ride most of the marked off road spots in the park in one full day. On Sunday you are free to go home or go with a group of us to General Patton's Museum which will take us through the back of the park to the ten. I am asking all riders to help me with the cost of the for the four campsites that I have reserved which cost me a total of $168.00. If you do not want to eat in town on Saturday Night please bring your own food to cook Saturday. If anyone would like to do there own thing that is fine with me just give us your plan so I will not worry about you or your friend.

Again the ride will be an easy ride (big bike friendly) and a good time for you to test all of your camping gear.

I am interested. My parents actually live in JT so I would probably skip the camping and take the opportunity to hang out with them during dinner/evenings. But depending on logistics I could be down for all or part of this trip.

I am on a small bike. Curious to see what trails you're planning on. I grew up there so I know the area pretty well.

I am interested. My parents actually live in JT so I would probably skip the camping and take the opportunity to hang out with them during dinner/evenings. But depending on logistics I could be down for all or part of this trip.

I am on a small bike. Curious to see what trails you're planning on. I grew up there so I know the area pretty well.

The trails are the published 4x4 ones, which are all novice riding, just sum deep sand in some spots

I was about to reply "I'm in!" but then my wife reminded me I'm touring a college campus with my son that Saturday. Oh well, next time.

Dan:

Lurking...need to do some scheduling to see if I can make it all three days.

Lurking too. Gonna need a miracle to get out of work. This would make a good shake down for my newly acquired 950.

Sweet Texas duller a 950 nice arsenal that crf250l will never be ridden again

I have it on the calendar but no confirmation yet.

Actual I am in Ocotilo testing the week and don't know when I come back. Need time to pack the bike to.

Just to keep this alive. I plan on going on the trip 12.04-12.05 to the Jushua Tree ride.

DanRider, what's up with this ride? I may be able to do part of it.

Same plan as posted above, but the dates changed from riding out Friday 12/4, riding the JT 12/5, coming back Sunday 12/6. I was planning on riding out 12/4 or very early in the AM on 12/5 to meet people at camp, ride, and camp Sat night.

Same plan as posted above, but the dates changed from riding out Friday 12/4, riding the JT 12/5, coming back Sunday 12/6. I was planning on riding out 12/4 or very early in the AM on 12/5 to meet people at camp, ride, and camp Sat night.

Bummer, I can't make those dates.

Danrider, what's your plan?

I am in for the 12/4-12/6, or a 2 day 12/4-12/5. Camp in the open desert is fine with me, Just need to know 2 or 3 days.

DanRider, please keep us update on your planes.

I have confirmed 4 campsites at Black Rock Camp Ground. I plan on leaving from Escondido BMW Motorcycle Dealership on Friday the 4th at noon, Route will take us through Borrago through Meca Box Canyon through the back of the park to Black Rock. Once we setup camp we can plan on cooking dinner and some Barley Pops and meet the group. The next morning plan on making breakfast at camp, we then will set out to the designated off roads in the park to some of the mines (I plan on bringing maps of where we will ride). Plan on riding in some deep sand in some spots. This ride is for pleasure and safety first, that is why I have limited to ten riders. I will break the group into two groups for safety reasons, If you like to ride fast you will go first. We will discuss on Friday if we want to go into town for lunch or eat on the trail. I plan on eating dinner in town on Saturday Night. I feel that we can ride most of the marked off road spots in the park in one full day. On Sunday you are free to go home or go with a group of us to General Patton's Museum which will take us through the back of the park to the ten. I am asking all riders to help me with the cost of the for the four campsites that I have reserved which cost me a total of $168.00. If do not want to eat in town on Saturday Night please bring your own food to cook for Saturday. If anyone would like to do there own thing that is fine with me just give us your plan so I will not worry about you or your friend.

Again the ride will be an easy ride (big bike friendly) and a good time for you to test all of your camping gear.

I have confirmed 4 campsites at Black Rock Camp Ground. I plan on leaving from Escondido BMW Motorcycle Dealership on Friday the 4th at noon, Route will take us through Borrago through Meca Box Canyon through the back of the park to Black Rock. Once we setup camp we can plan on cooking dinner and some Barley Pops and meet the group. The next morning plan on making breakfast at camp, we then will set out to the designated off roads in the park to some of the mines (I plan on bringing maps of where we will ride). Plan on riding in some deep sand in some spots. This ride is for pleasure and safety first, that is why I have limited to ten riders. I will break the group into two groups for safety reasons, If you like to ride fast you will go first. We will discuss on Friday if we want to go into town for lunch or eat on the trail. I plan on eating dinner in town on Saturday Night. I feel that we can ride most of the marked off road spots in the park in one full day. On Sunday you are free to go home or go with a group of us to General Patton's Museum which will take us through the back of the park to the ten. I am asking all riders to help me with the cost of the for the four campsites that I have reserved which cost me a total of $168.00. If do not want to eat in town on Saturday Night please bring your own food to cook for Saturday. If anyone would like to do there own thing that is fine with me just give us your plan so I will not worry about you or your friend.

Sounds good, count me in for the three days.

I will! If you want to attend this Tuesday at 5:30 in Escondido at the BMW shop they are holding a meeting on what one should take when you camp off of your bike and how to load your bike. Glad to have you along SDSPEARO, If you have any question about the ride just post me

Make sure if you are going on this tiro please attend the camping class at the Escondido BMW motorcycle shop tomorrow at 5:30 , free Pizza and coke. This class it taught by an expert in what gear you must have when camping off your bike

If you cannot make it Friday and can come out on Saturday. I will not leave the campsite until 10:00 am so you can join us for the ride.

Sounds fun Dan, I'm in! Ill plan on dinner in town Sat., in-camp breakfast and trail food. Looking forward to it.

CG fees, settle up upon meet-up or pay now? paypal?