Great time in my first D38 race this morning. My secret suspicion that I had become one of the greatest riders ever in just three months was brutally shattered. But, I did finish, so that was pleasing. Three laps, for 30 miles, and I during the third lap I swore I'd never let Ken and Thumper talk me into a 100 mile race.

didn't get too many shots, but below is the handsome couple and my Yz with its first ever race number (apparently its not cool to have numbers on plates duct taped to your bike...but I felt cool anyway).

As always thanks to Ken and Darren for showing me how to do stuff.

IMG_3045_zps4vye8pv0.jpg

IMG_3050_zps7gxynwnh.jpg

IMG_3059_zpsosii5m1m.jpg

IMG_3061_zpsdcjjo5hd.jpg

You finished bro. Big deal in the heat. It'll be alot different in a few months when its 30 degrees cooler out.

Bad day for me. My knee is still not up to par after f-ing it up 3 weeks ago and I had to throw in the towel after 1 lap.

Darren rode like a mad man today. Good to see, taken him along time to get back up to speed after his crash.

Nicely done MM! Congrats on a great showing for your first race! I saw you come around the turn and braaap! past check point 2 while taking on water and resting from getting overheated early on... I was one lap and done myself. A day or two in the gym might help.

350Thumper was on a tear too! Great run 350T!

My buddy CL lost his engine during the bomb run, so his race ended before it started. Bummer.

Still a fun day. Lessons learned and we'll get 'em next time!

Kenny would if done well, he was set up and prepared.

In the race there was a pile up that Kenny got paid into.seemed like15 bikes. I was behind him when it came up and I had to jump some big rocks real fast to plow around the obsticle.

Kenny can take off faster than I can here is a pic that proves it at the practice start.post-15687-0-05850100-1444577492_thumb.j

That cluster f**k 15 bike tie up was more like a pile up 2 minutes into the race.

It was the end for Chad and I.Took 10 minutes to get out of that mess and left me with my Knee so sore I couldn't stand on the pegs and Chad was so winded he took a long break to catch his wind.

The officials remarked the course and moved the course over 100 ft after that mess.

I love the RSC. I got a great start with the hole shot which kept me out of trouble at the bottleneck. My GPS registered 82mph on the bomb run! I felt great on the bike flowing through the rough stuff and picking off guys from the front line one by one when I got snake bit with a rear flat. Two years in a row for me at the RSC. Oh well. I'll get em next time.

you guys may want to try a national. just to get a sense of the really big dez race picture. Its a real adventure and there's one more left for the 2015 season coming up very soon. The 100s MC national Hare and hound

NHHA.com

you even get an inside scoop on loop 2, my friend John marking course. this one is a 3 loop course. Its a little more rocky up in the Johnson valley zone.

Johnson Valley and surrounding areas is great riding and exploring

Thanks, but we need to move up from novice before going to nationals.

Most every rider I see with a nationals number (most are 20 -30yrs old and look like pro athletes) is playing a whole different game than most of us.

I'm just a 47 yr old overweight guy that's been riding a lot the last 2 years having the time of his life and trying not to get hurt too bad in the process.

I'd love to go watch one sometime.

Sorry kind of wrong answer Ken... there are classes for everyone, if you are a AMA D38 NOV then you are a AMA D37/Nat novice, you enter the same class.

Its not just the Ramirez, Burson, Sutherlin, Brabecs out there. 95% or more are just weekend warriors like us. The zone is way bigger than our local zone and terrain is more varied. Its really worth a trip for the adventure. You will have mega bench racing stories to tell when you finish. Plus it looks good on your resume' (hahahaa)

http://100smc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/2015_RND08.pdf

sorry for the hijack I just saw how up you all were about the D38 local race. I made another thread for this event.

I have a friend who is a very fast rider and competes in WORCS events as well as D38 admit that in its own way the D38 race is almost physically harder on him.

I love the RSC. I got a great start with the hole shot which kept me out of trouble at the bottleneck. My GPS registered 82mph on the bomb run! I felt great on the bike flowing through the rough stuff and picking off guys from the front line one by one when I got snake bit with a rear flat. Two years in a row for me at the RSC. Oh well. I'll get em next time.

anti bite mousse it man no worries mate!!

Nice guys. My first desert race was a district 37 race, and I thought I was an ok rider. Signed up novice, figured just to get a feel for it. MAN O MAN!! I had to rethink my status as novice. Those guys were flying!

Took a few races to get comfortable and get me into the pack. It will come to you. dont let the skill level define anything. It just takes 1 other rider to battle with to make it really REALLY fun at any speed.