Kendall's at 8:30, first we had 5 riders then 4 then 3 then, well you get the idea. I had a nice breakfast of corned beef hash and eggs then unloaded in the parking lot and was ready to roll when Bagstr's and my buddy Dennis showed up. Dennis is Crusty's brother from another mother. After 20 minutes of shooting the breeze I headed up S22.

P1060518_zpszvt08vuz.jpg

Then on to Culp. Where I almost cut some fresh tracks. Someone beat me to it but I still had it to myself.

Culp, Jasper, Grapevine to 78 then S2 Then to Pinyon. The Squeeze had a large rock/bolder right in the middle of the trail just before it. No problem on the bike but Jeeps will have to move it before getting thru.

The ledges and Heart Attack were no problem, but I did think about them a little before I got there riding alone. But once there I just hit them hard and no problems.

P1060528_zpsxudhysti.jpg

After that I made a spirited run over to Split Mountain rd and then took Old Kane Springs rd over to the Blue Inn.

It was closed mid week.

P1060531_zpscgoalc5r.jpg

Quick ride thru the Off Road Park. It still sucks.

P1060535_zpsn04pm5q8.jpg

Ran thru the Off Road Park back to Burrow Bend where a friend of mine from High School is trying to reopen the Burrow Bend Cafe. He's been working on it for about 4 years. I think it's kind of a hobby for him. He has 642 acres at 78 and county line rd. So I followed him over and showed me around for awhile.

After I left him I jumped into San Felipe Wash and followed it all the way back towards Borrego Springs.

I've been riding out here for years and don't think I've ever come across this spot before.

P1060537_zpsrufp9wgj.jpg

Then a quick trip back to Borrego Springs. I left with a full tank and ran out of gas pulling up to the truck. I'll have to keep a better eye on my gas next time riding alone. 120 miles on the day and I might have had 15 more miles of reserve.

Nice burger and a cold beer then headed for home.

CiD

Im wondering how much gas also my 525 is only getting around 25-30mpg on desert with some street

I put the 3.2 gal on yesterday and it was full. I could have been in trouble if I'd ridden over to Truckhaven like I had planned on. The right side only had about 1/2 inch of gas and the left just had the reserve which isn't much.

CiD

He, He,,,Dennis. He is Your friend buddy.

I Like, your follow through. The conditions must have been supernicious. Sometimes you need to just go, regardless of the group dynamics.

Nice framing!

Sounds like a perfect day. Bummed I couldn't make it. Some days I gotta be daddy.

Good stuff CID

Nice pics as usual, I need to get my mid week "desert-hash" in soon before it warms up.

Back next week for a while - look forward to seeing you

Good stuff CID

Nice pics as usual, I need to get my mid week "desert-hash" in soon before it warms up.

Back next week for a while - look forward to seeing you

+1

Who's up for ride on the 17th? I'm going to do most of this loop in the other direction. Skipping Heart Attack and going up Diablo and out.

Covered in Dust

I'm going to follow your original ride but start in south and do your loop from there on the 14th if I make it out OK and not completely beat I'll be willing to ride it with you on the 17th.

Who's up for ride on the 17th? I'm going to do most of this loop in the other direction. Skipping Heart Attack and going up Diablo and out.

Covered in Dust

St. Patrick's Day! Will you be "Covered in Green?"

Green4Less