paulmbowers

Sunday November 23rd Ride for noobs and non-noobs alike

PMB and BikeSlut are once again producing a SDAR Noob Ride, November 23 beginning with a mandatory rider's meeting at 0730. Ride will be a couple hours in duration- nothing heroic.

Our meeting point is across from Aquatica in Chula Vista, and here is a handy map link.

All participants should be properly equipped with a solid, tested bike (big or small) (not started for the first time in 3 months, ahem), fueled and ready to roll. Riders should be well-equipped with appropriate boots, helmet and other safety gear.

This will be a n00b-paced ride- slow and steady, plenty of stops for discussion and sightseeing. This ride will be mostly dirt, with some possibility of short stretches of pavement. Street-licensed bikes only.

Nobody is left behind, belittled or otherwise neglected. Experienced riders are welcome to tag along and help others- remember, you were a noob once, and we all have a good ride.

PMB and BS assume no responsibility for anyone or anything. Ride at your own risk and at your own speed. Dirt and dust may occur.

Radios will be used on 146.505 Mhz.

See you there!

Let see If I can make it with my BMW 1150. :sleeping_02:

Just got the OK from my Wife. and I will be there. :smile_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Welcome, Bill and Anothernoob!

Just a word to our more-experienced riders:

These rides are fun.

I know, I know- it doesn't sound like it. But it's a lot of fun just to ride around, low speed, sightseeing and helping others in the sport. There are often more spirited rides immediately thereafter.

I just tell my wife "I'm going riding Sunday morning, I'll probably be back the same day... have my laundry done, and a steak on the table. Wear something nice"...try that

This sounds fun, but I need different tires And gears. U men R doing a service to the community. B

Would love to join in but family is flying in for an early turkey day - have fun!

No set schedule-usually 2-3 times per year. But these rides have been popular and we're trying to do them more often.

Not going to make it. The voltage regulator did not come in today for my 950 and I don't want to truck or ride a 525 down.

CiD

Definetly maybe I think.

OK I will be there.My older brother will be there also. He bought A 2005? plated wr 450 . He has not ridden much dirt that I know of in many years.I hope he does ok.

I'll be on the DRZ; thanks Tom (tntmo) for knocking it out in a timely fashion! See y'all tomorrow