hodnettjj

Moving to... Victorville...

I have taken a job near Victorville.

It's been fun... I'll still be around for trips... camping... Bullhead weekends... the dash... district 38 races...

I look forward to my new job and finding new areas to ride...

Our movers started today...

See you all out there...

Good to get a last ride in with you and wish you the best of luck. As you mentioned, see you on random events,

Actually... Mojave, high desert, El Mirage, Southern Sierra, Bishop, Death Valley etc rides are all closer. I can forsee you riding a Lot this winter because you can probably stage from your garage and be on dirt in minutes.

Lets plan some rides!

Oh, and let's get that Baja trip going!!

GS rides will be easyier too. You won,t have to do the last 1 1/2 hr of freeway before you get home .

I was stationed at George Air Force Base in Victorville (Adelanto) for a couple of years. Closed now. I think it is an air logistics center now? Lived in Adelanto. It was a nice little town then. Not the best area any more. Victorville, Hesperia, and Apple Valley had/have some very nice neighborhoods. House are reasonable too. I loved it up there. The riding is unlimited. I could ride from my house to Big Bear, Glen Helen (was an open riding area back then), and anywhere in the Mojave desert all on trails. Might have to add in a little pavement now, since it has built up a lot. Summers were hot, but not that brutal because it is high desert. Winters could get chilly and windy, and sometimes we would get snow. Swimming and hiking up by Deep Creek was lots of fun. Riding my bike in the Mojave River when it was flowing was soo coool. Good luck Jason hope you enjoy your new job. Keep us posted.

Definitely not the worst place for any type of riding. Willow Springs is fun on a street bike if that interests you at all. Turns 8/9 are exciting to say the least!

Enjoy!

Grange is the local Supermoto track... I'm charting out a route to work that is all dirt...

Thanks for the input...

When Tim and I did the Death Valley ride earlier this year I would have never thought 7 months later I would be living within 1 miles of the Stater bros @ 395 & 18...

Join us for a Sierras weekend sometime. I'm a little jealous you're 2 hours closer than I.

Congratulations on the new job.