Bagstr

Cool Day in Dez 11.22.14

EDIT: Let Us Get Real, Because now we can.

I would Realistic ally move this to South Carrizo Wash off the S-2, and 0830 Shoe Up time. I imagine Does Cabezas south then north to Diablo Drop and back. We don't want to lose anyone up Sandstone Canyon. Nov.5

The recent Rain and Cool temps will make for a pleasant Roam About down in the Borrego. Join me for 80 or is miles enjoying Big Vistas and abundant Sand Surfing. Show-Up 0800 unless you prefer to stop for breakfast in Borrego Spgs first. Buttes Gash Overlook parking. Tubes. tools and water . No fuel stops.

See you there.

B

So, is this ride really scheduled for Saturday, November 22 as the title suggests? It should be a lot cooler by then.

Is This Friday the 22nd?? :dirol:

The Sun must be getting to me, as I have been doing alot of painting outside. Just looking for the Next good day to ride the Dez.

Planning ahead,,,, The solitude, quiet and grandeur of of the open spaces calls.

i-KmhTnWj-L.jpg

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=32.74368118420625&lon=-116.28024101257324#.U_Tna8VdWSo

Let me know if Friday @ McCain would work better for you. My boss may let do an early (0900) run.

Planning that soothing November outing. As a means of surviving the August doldrums.

:cowboy:

Bagster, I would be interested in a ride on the 22nd NOV...love the sand. Right now I am having problems with my XR's lighting if I can get it worked out I am IN IN IN

In for Nov 22nd, if I'm in the area!

You guys have the spirit . The ride is on my schedule. We are getting closer.! :cowboy:

i-wk7zs5p-L.jpg

Hmm.... Weekend before Tday. That might be doable. Should be all healed up by then.

Good Luck and full recovery! My Tours d Dez are nice and smooth, a good test for your new improved body. Really, What could happen?

:coolio:

Bagster, by nice and smooth you mean nice and fast sandy wide washes 3-4 gear? The xr eats washes for breakfast but not much of a rock crawler.

Bagster, by nice and smooth you mean nice and fast sandy wide washes 3-4 gear? The xr eats washes for breakfast but not much of a rock crawler.

Not so much rock crawling. Soo much 2-3rd gear left / right/ up/down punctuated with walking speed deep sand turning at tight radius, further punctuated by sixth gear open sandwash or two track. The Anza Borrego is highly variable, i.e. deep sand , hard two track, a few short drops and climbs. The 650 will not be the limiting factor.

Think of your first trip to the borrego in similar terms as the Semper Skills Class Hodnettjj has posted. You learn to move around the bike and keep your weight centered above. The route and pace is always tailored to the group attending. It can be as easy or hard as we like. I am not a racer, more of a Tourer and have lost less than five riders in all my time on the 500 miles of roads in ABDSP.

Senior Tour Guide ABDSP :cowboy:

i-zBrWsxc-L.jpg

i-9qvnKXV-L.jpg

i-jd7kVhg-L.jpg

i-6TJVzVs-L.jpg

P1010300_1000w-L.jpg

P1020636_1000w-L.jpg

P1010585_1000w-L.jpg

P1010581_1000w-L.jpg

This is the exact location that I decided to trade my 690 for the 350. ;-)

I am yearning for a cr 450x myself. Those are great photos and I hope I get my electrical gremlins exterminated.

Well if this is Nov. 22, which appears to be a Saturday, then I could be in. Funny how the hill looks pretty tame in that pic. I've tried to get pics of the hole shot at the top with a down view perspective, but if never looks like it does in person, at least not to fresh eyes. I've been down, but never up and I would never make it up with my current low tread rear. But I might have new rubber by then.

Logroller

We Don't ride up the face. It makes a good route starting down south at Carrizo Wash and ride north in Disable to Fish Creek then upstream thru Hapaha Flats to the Bottom of Heart Attack, then turn around and travel south.

B

"That was a Great Day"

Nice to know All the elements of that day will fall in place again once Dez Cools. See you there.

Logroller

We Don't ride up the face. It makes a good route starting down south at Carrizo Wash and ride north in Disable to Fish Creek then upstream thru Hapaha Flats to the Bottom of Heart Attack, then turn around and travel south.

B

Gotta go down, up, and down again to maximaze carnage potential.